Oak Ridge High School Football 2020

CardinalGrey

2 hours ago, bonkers said:

I interpreted his recruiting comments as a way that the game has changed, as the question asked. And it's true. He didn't point a finger at anyone, he just said it was part of today's game, and I think he's right. I was much more interested in what he had to say about his thoughts behind the state championship drought at OR, his top coaching moments, and the top players he;s coached or coached against.

I found all of that really interesting too, bonkers. I just wasn’t expecting the recruiting thing, but he was asked about how the game has changed and he’s right on the money about it. Kids go to schools all the time they aren’t zoned for, it’s pretty wild. That never used to be the case. I think a lot of it is a culture thing too. It seems there’s just less loyalty to things as a whole anymore. LeBron James and other athletes going from team to team just to win championships is proof of that. I really thought his comments about the Boys Club in OR were interesting and I pretty much agree 100% with his best players he’s coached @ OR. Great interview, for sure.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I'm not going to bring it up again.

Not because I am worried Oak Ridge is dirty.

I'm just going to let it go because I feel HTV was truthful in what he said. I have never had any beef ( that I can recall ) with him.

People probably haven't noticed but I've been a bad Message Board Boy lately. I was involved in a disagreement that caused a CoachT page to be locked up. On Facebook, I am suspended from an Oak Ridge page for a week.

No.  No beef.  

Just sick and tired of the holier than thous who believe that everybody else cheats but them.  

As I have said before, and I still stand by it and own it, every single school in this area plays the game, or at least those who are committed to having quality athletic programs.  Every.  Single.  One.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HTV said:

No.  No beef.  

Just sick and tired of the holier than thous who believe that everybody else cheats but them.  

As I have said before, and I still stand by it and own it, every single school in this area plays the game, or at least those who are committed to having quality athletic programs.  Every.  Single.  One.  

Here’s what’s funny and somebody else other than HTV(because he got his feelings hurt and “blocked” me :roflol:) explain to me. What is the meaning behind this “playing the game” comment? What game is being played, what’s the definition of that statement? I want someone to make a statement and tell me about any school around here, and I wanna know names and exactly what they are doing, that’s “playing the game.” We obviously know who was involved in both instances at Powell by now and names. I’ll be waiting to hear back about this one lol. I love how every school in this area is put under the same blanket statement just because one person’s school/team got caught cheating....twice lol.

Edited by chsbobcat09
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

BOOM BIG TIME!!!

Junior RB Kendall Jackson, after talking with UT Assistant Coach Jay Graham, has received an offer to the Volunteers.

I am hoping he is offered by Clemson.

RWR!   GRIND!!!

Apparently they are looking at him, but yet to offer. I hope he signs with UT, but of course I’m a tad bit biased.

• Thanks 1

On 6/17/2020 at 8:24 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

5StarPrep has named Brandon Heyward a Class of 2024 player to watch. They said he is practicing with the varsity and is a WR and CB. I am guessing he was one of the two very good Robertsville players

He was and Ill be shocked if he dont go D1.

• Thanks 1

Speaking of K.Jackson what kind of yr do yall expect from him.The improvement from week 1 until end of last yr was really big.But it still seems like he is holding back and has way more than he has even showed.I really feel he becomes a complete back and makes another big step this yr.Crazy to think we still got him for 2 more yrs.Everytime I see him he looks bigger and stronger

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Speaking of K.Jackson what kind of yr do yall expect from him.The improvement from week 1 until end of last yr was really big.But it still seems like he is holding back and has way more than he has even showed.I really feel he becomes a complete back and makes another big step this yr.Crazy to think we still got him for 2 more yrs.Everytime I see him he looks bigger and stronger

I was reading an article about him being offered by UT and Gaddis was quoted in it saying he’s the strongest RB he’s ever coached. If that’s true, and I see no reason Gaddis would lie, that is impressive being the caliber of RB’s Gaddis has coached through the years. And us OR fans sure know of some great ones he has coached in his time at the Ridge. And it’s just all the more impressive that he hasn’t even started his JR year yet. But to answer your question, I expect BIG things, granted he has no major injuries between now and the end of the year. *Fingers crossed*

Edited by SweetScience
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I was reading an article about him being offered by UT and Gaddis was quoted in it saying he’s the strongest RB he’s ever coached. If that’s true, and I see no reason Gaddis would lie, that is impressive being the caliber of RB’s Gaddis has coached through the years. And us OR fans sure know of some great ones he has coached in his time at the Ridge. And it’s just all the more impressive that he hasn’t even started his JR year yet. But to answer your question, I expect BIG things, granted he has no major injuries between now and the end of the year. *Fingers crossed*

Yea that is saying a lot.Oak Ridge is the RBU of high school football around here.The 90s was full of legend RBs and then Gulmire and Booker.Even guys after that like J.Stephens and D.Rogers was really good.Now you have another D1 guy right after J.Graham who was a really good high school RB and never had a Oline but put up good numbers for 4 yrs.And if the RB from Robertsville dont stop growing he will be another good one