Oak Ridge High School Football 2020

CardinalGrey

2 hours ago, CardinalGrey said:

I was told the Wildcats had great representation at the Gunslinger QB Challenge this weekend.

If I have read the tweets correctly Oak Ridge's QB1 Mitchell Gibbons was in the top seven QB rankings. All this extra off-season camps and workouts seem to have made Mitchell better physically, mentally and confidence wise.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

If I have read the tweets correctly Oak Ridge's QB1 Mitchell Gibbons was in the top seven QB rankings. All this extra off-season camps and workouts seem to have made Mitchell better physically, mentally and confidence wise.

I agree, Willie.  I read that Mitchell Gibbons came in fourth in the final bracket yesterday.  Hard work pays off, and Gibbons, along with "...a host of Wildcats..."  are paying dues and readying themselves for kickoff.

RWR!

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 12:30 AM, SweetScience said:

I was reading an article about him being offered by UT and Gaddis was quoted in it saying he’s the strongest RB he’s ever coached. If that’s true, and I see no reason Gaddis would lie, that is impressive being the caliber of RB’s Gaddis has coached through the years. And us OR fans sure know of some great ones he has coached in his time at the Ridge. And it’s just all the more impressive that he hasn’t even started his JR year yet. But to answer your question, I expect BIG things, granted he has no major injuries between now and the end of the year. *Fingers crossed*

I'm not sure if you picked up on this and maybe I'm interpreting it wrong, but Gaddis said he was the "strongest" but he didn't say he was the "best". I'm assuming he means that he's the strongest in the weight room.

On 6/21/2020 at 3:27 AM, WillieTheWildcats said:

I haven't seen a thing from Cole Adams in the last several weeks. Anybody have an update on how his off season is going?

Long Live the Adams #10 Wildcat Dominance.

Jaxson Adams, who I hope breaks out this season, was voted Student Council President.

Cole Adams made an official visit to Centre College today. He has it on his twitter account.

7 hours ago, bonkers said:

I'm not sure if you picked up on this and maybe I'm interpreting it wrong, but Gaddis said he was the "strongest" but he didn't say he was the "best". I'm assuming he means that he's the strongest in the weight room.

Sorry, I can see where my comment could be construed that way. But, no, I meant to word it by saying with all of the great RB’s Gaddis has coached, to be named by Gaddis as the strongest one he’s ever coached, is quite an impressive feat in itself, especially considering he’s only a rising JR.

Edited by SweetScience

14 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Sorry, I can see where my comment could be construed that way. But, no, I meant to word it by saying with all of the great RB’s Gaddis has coached, to be named by Gaddis as the strongest one he’s ever coached, is quite an impressive feat in itself, especially considering he’s only a rising JR.

I agree that it's very impressive for Gaddis to say that about him. I wonder how strong he is? I can't wait for this season to begin. I sure hope the virus cooperates. I'm not sure if you'll agree but to me, if they have school, they should be able to have football. My thinking is that it seems like the virus is much more dangerous inside (in the classroom and hallways), than outside at football practice or during games.

On 6/25/2020 at 8:15 AM, bonkers said:

I agree that it's very impressive for Gaddis to say that about him. I wonder how strong he is? 

I saw a pic of Kendall lifting in his backyard. The Dude was shredded Hulk style. 

A Player to Watch... # 22 DB / WR, SR Preston Turner.  I really wasn't aware of Preston at the start of last season but he crushed it in both football and basketball. He has been grinding and should be even better this year. All-State good? Yes sir!  GRIND! RWR!