Oak Ridge High School Football 2020

CardinalGrey

5 hours ago, LINEDAD said:

Week 2 - Dobyns-Bennett @ Oak Ridge

Most likely will not be playing football week 2. I hope there is a way to make that game work anyway later in the season. DB has open date week 4. 

This is the 100th season of Indians football and potentially the best Indians team in decades. It's just not the same when OR isn't on the schedule. Good luck Wildcats on this season.

Oak Ridge is at Farragut in Week Four so it is probably a no go with DB ( IMHO). While I enjoy playing DB, an Admiral sinking is so sweet.

Good luck to you guys this season. You all better be good cuz Maryville Red Rebels are a college program.

MORE Murphy Fair Information...

Oak Ridge is listed as one of the five teams with the best chance to make it to the 5A Title game in Cookeville by Murphy Fair . The other four in ABC Order are Beech, David Crockett, Henry County and Knox. Central.

The State Coaches' Preseason Top 10 5A is as followed: 1. Knox. Central   2. Beech   3. Knox West   4. (tie) Henry County   4. (tie) Powell   6.  Summit   7. OAK RIDGE   8. South Doyle   9. Gallatin and   10. Kirby. Also receiveing votes Southwind, Tennessee High, Dyer County and Shelbyvill.

Oak Ridge and Knoxville West are predicted by the Region 3 - 5A Coaches to tie for FIRST. Powell THIRD. Fulton FOUR. Campbell County FIVE. Karns Six. Clinton Seven.

Wildcats making the murphyfair.com Academic All-State Team are...

Cole Adams

Jaxon Adams

Mitchell Gibbons

Robert Hill

Cameron Mlekodaj

Trey Rowe

Jonathan Stewart

Matthew Swigert

Vinny West

Edited by WillieTheWildcats
  • Like 1

The  above list of Oak Ridge grinding Wildcats includes many of important contributors to the team. A f few certain outstanding players are not listed like Jacob Berven and Preston Turner.

Of course, Kendall Jackson will probably be the most productive player from his RB position. However, I believe the player to make the biggest contribution will be DB / WR Preston Turner. I see Turner playing at a high level in the passing game and pass defense. He seems to be this season's Isaiah Johnson.

Will OR play people both ways? Have we done so in the past? It is risky to have a player go both ways due to the increase of an injury risk. I have never seen K. Jackson on defense but I bet he would be a stud. Never seen Cole Adams on offense but he is tough and savvy enough to be a rock solid TE.

In order to reach our Goal we may need to play our best players both ways. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?

Me, personally, feel Wiley the Wildcat could play the cheerleader role and tuba in the band. Wiley just needs to be full tilt from kickoff to final buzzer.

GRIND   RWR!

I live in Chattanooga so I get both the Falcons and Titans on Sundays. I want to watch the Cincy Bengals, though.

Anybody know of a way to get the Bengal games live or streaming  ???  Or maybe get the game after it has been streamed??? Will pay a subscription price but free sounds better.

Right now all I have is a link to get the games' audio.

On 7/26/2020 at 1:08 AM, WillieTheWildcats said:

MORE Murphy Fair Information...

Oak Ridge is listed as one of the five teams with the best chance to make it to the 5A Title game in Cookeville by Murphy Fair . The other four in ABC Order are Beech, David Crockett, Henry County and Knox. Central.

The State Coaches' Preseason Top 10 5A is as followed: 1. Knox. Central   2. Beech   3. Knox West   4. (tie) Henry County   4. (tie) Powell   6.  Summit   7. OAK RIDGE   8. South Doyle   9. Gallatin and   10. Kirby. Also receiveing votes Southwind, Tennessee High, Dyer County and Shelbyvill.

Oak Ridge and Knoxville West are predicted by the Region 3 - 5A Coaches to tie for FIRST. Powell THIRD. Fulton FOUR. Campbell County FIVE. Karns Six. Clinton Seven.

Wildcats making the murphyfair.com Academic All-State Team are...

Cole Adams

Jaxon Adams

Mitchell Gibbons

Robert Hill

Cameron Mlekodaj

Trey Rowe

Jonathan Stewart

Matthew Swigert

Vinny West

Did not realize Murphy’s book was out yet.  

Governor Lee announced High School football is "ON"  for the state of Tennessee.  TSSAA rules must be followed to ensure the season continues as scheduled.  The Oak Ridge Wildcats will have their opening game against Hardin Valley, away, on Friday, August 21, 2020.  The Wildcats will host Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett, the following Friday, August 28, 2020 at Blankenship Field, Jack Armstrong Stadium.

RWR!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CardinalGrey said:

Governor Lee announced High School football is "ON"  for the state of Tennessee.  TSSAA rules must be followed to ensure the season continues as scheduled.  The Oak Ridge Wildcats will have their opening game against Hardin Valley, away, on Friday, August 21, 2020.  The Wildcats will host Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett, the following Friday, August 28, 2020 at Blankenship Field, Jack Armstrong Stadium.

RWR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you $#%&*#$ kidding me????????????  

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RWR!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, LINEDAD said:

That makes Week 2 with Dobyns-Bennett a GO! Maybe the Indians 100th football team can give you guys a game?

3 hours ago, LINEDAD said:

That makes Week 2 with Dobyns-Bennett a GO! Maybe the Indians 100th football team can give you guys a game?

What do you mean "give you guys a game"?  Y'all destroyed OR last year and the word is that you're loaded again this year.