Oak Ridge High School Football 2020

CardinalGrey

9 hours ago, bonkers said:

I agree, I don't think it's an option to move down, only up. Alcoa has 6A type talent, both in quality and quantity. From what I see of the last couple of OR freshmen teams, we better be glad OR stayed 5A because OR looks more like 3A or 4A talent for the next few years. It will get worse before it gets better IMO

This yrs freshman team wouldve been a good squad if not for injuries and no Heyward.Good numbers and at least 3 to 5  skill guys I think can be really good.As always with Oak Ridge the last 10 yrs is will we have anybody upfront that can get it done.

15 hours ago, chrisburr said:

Oak Ridge might want to consider dropping down to 4A to win a state title in Football

Greeneville did it and it worked

So do you think Fulton will stay in 4a this time?I know a lot of people thought they  would be just as good in 5A but things went downhill fast.5A has not been good to them.

• Like 1

Who would yall pick for Reg season awards? Cant remember all the awards they use to give but here is some.  1.Off MVP=K.Jackson ,2.Def MVP=J.Bervan ,3.Mr do it all=P.Turner,4.Always in the right spot=C.Adams, 5.Playmaker=J.Stewart,6.Best FR=B.Heyawrd,7.Best SO=B.Kelly,8.Biggest surprise=J.Elam   9.Best lineman=J.Adams  10.Overall MVP=Tie between Bervan and Stewart with Jackson close but missed some time.Hoping he is MVP of playoffs

Edited by STILLNUM1

4 hours ago, CardinalGrey said:

Seven days until kickoff!  Who will we play next Friday at Jack Armstrong Stadium...aka Blankenship Park?

RWR!

You never really know with high school kids but I would be shocked if Soddy finds a way to beat Walker Valley tonight. So my guess would be Soddy Daisy next Friday night at the “Ship”.