Oak Ridge High School Football 2020

CardinalGrey

15 hours ago, ORDT said:

I think we can all agree that the coaches did a very good given the level of talent on the field. I didnt say GREAT! I said very good. Was glad to see that Jacob Adams, Isaiah Johnson and Kendall Jackson were recognized with All Region honors, well deserved.

1. We should have won:
  2. HVA (poor clock management and offense looked like they had never played a snap together)
  3. Powell (PISS POOR REFS, all darn game)
  4. Fulton (Still cant believe we lost that game, horrible)

Some thoughts (IMO):

1. The Line...oh man the line....Give the new O Line coach the keys, full-time, he is solid.
  2. Please put Cole Adams on Offense, often. He can catch, he has speed and is physical like his brother.
  3. Please allow the QB to make adjustments at the line. Kid is smart and fast-see MJ game and Powell game (game winning run called back by the Knox County Anti-OR League of Horrible Refs)
  4. Please put Jaxon Adams in as TE....as often as you can. Literally no clue why they never considered this.
  5. Give play calling duties to Freshman Coach. He is legit.

I'm sure there is more and plenty to debate about.

I agree with you about the HVA game. It was awful (on offense). I agree with you about the Powell game. I'll go on to say they were the better team but the OR effort/execution was very good. I have a different take on Fulton. I believe OR was spent after the Powell game and looked too much at the Fulton record (not an excuse but maybe an explanation for the disaster that still shouldn't have happened. I'm not sure the line problems lie with the coach but I'm not going to totally disagree with you. Yes. yes, yes to Cole Adams on offense. I'm not sure what you mean about the QB making adjustments at the line. If OR is truly running the triple option some, then that's what he's doing at the line. I'm not as sold on Adams at TE. He looks good on occasion but doesn't appear to be as physical as he needs to be to play TE. I would never base play calling decisions on what happens during a freshmen game. I say give the ball to Jackson, throw it to Stewart, find a spot for the speedy Williams kid, find some DBs, and pressure the QB. Also, find a punter/kicker please!

On 12/19/2019 at 7:49 AM, bonkers said:

I agree with you about the HVA game. It was awful (on offense). I agree with you about the Powell game. I'll go on to say they were the better team but the OR effort/execution was very good. I have a different take on Fulton. I believe OR was spent after the Powell game and looked too much at the Fulton record (not an excuse but maybe an explanation for the disaster that still shouldn't have happened. I'm not sure the line problems lie with the coach but I'm not going to totally disagree with you. Yes. yes, yes to Cole Adams on offense. I'm not sure what you mean about the QB making adjustments at the line. If OR is truly running the triple option some, then that's what he's doing at the line. I'm not as sold on Adams at TE. He looks good on occasion but doesn't appear to be as physical as he needs to be to play TE. I would never base play calling decisions on what happens during a freshmen game. I say give the ball to Jackson, throw it to Stewart, find a spot for the speedy Williams kid, find some DBs, and pressure the QB. Also, find a punter/kicker please! 

Okay couldnt agree more with you. Love it and spot on.

Agreed on DBs....good gosh, that and a new DB position coach. Never seen such a mess with decent talent.

Kicker/Punter - No clue. Only clue I have is #1 - Really need someone who knows kicking to coach them up #2 - Have tryouts? Grab the top 3 and spend real time coaching them. heck, send them to a darn kicking camp or whatever. The kicking issue lost us 2 games IMO. Powell with those horrible back to back to back 20 yd punts when we needed the ball on the other side of the field most AND Fulton....Good gosh...who on earth made the decision to NOT allow Brady Hutson to kick the easy FG?? Unreal.

At any rate, looking forward to 2020 Football!! RWR!!

Coach Barry Saunders has turned many soccer players into All State Kickers and punters. Many such players were able to secure college scholarships which is very difficult since colleges are stingy with Free Rides for kickers.

I don't know how long Coach Saunders has been at Oak Ridge but I do know one of his players went to UTC to punt WAY BACK in 1982. My Math ability has rapidly declined but that is a successful career of at least THIRTY EIGHT YEARS at ORHS.

In my opinion, Coach Saunders deserves a heck of a lot more respect than he has been given on CoachT the last two years. 

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all the Cardinal and Gray fans all over this Wonderful World! 

I just saw Senior linemen Santa Claus in the Oak Ridge weight room. WE ARE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE CAT FANS, Santa is listed as # 1 Offensive Right Tackle and # 2 Defensive End. I swear to the Grinch he could not lift 100 pounds. The worst part is he went outside and ran a 14.7 second 40 yard dash time.

Just Kidding! Happy Christmas Eve.

On 12/24/2019 at 9:10 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

I just saw Senior linemen Santa Claus in the Oak Ridge weight room. WE ARE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE CAT FANS, Santa is listed as # 1 Offensive Right Tackle and # 2 Defensive End. I swear to the Grinch he could not lift 100 pounds. The worst part is he went outside and ran a 14.7 second 40 yard dash time.

Just Kidding! Happy Christmas Eve.

You serious Clark? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Jacob "The Hammer" Adams for making the 2019 TnFCA Class 5A All State Team! Way to represent Oak Ridge!!

https://www.tnfca.org/news_article/show/1075530

Defense

DL- Kiston Arnold, Summit

DL- Tyrece Edwards, Knox. West

DL- Eunique Valentine, Knox. Central

DL- Colton Webb, Powell

LB- Jacob Adams, Oak Ridge

LB- Kalib Fortner, Knox. Central 

LB- Drew Francis, Knox. West

LB- Tyler Haun, Cherokee

DB- Santana Curtis, South Doyle

DB- Jawon Odoms, Henry County

DB- Jake Parris, Knox. Halls

DB- Slade Simmons, Shelbyville

ATH- Bradley Goodwin, Rhea County

ATH- Davy Harrod, Henry County

ATH- Jaylen Herrud, Summit

ATH- C.J. Livesay, Morristown East

ATH- Jake Willis, Dyer County

P- Trace Kelley, Gallatin

• Like 1

Wildcat fans, Wednesday night David Clary played the 1963 Basketball State Championship game between Oak Ridge and Murfreesboro Central on YouTube and BBBTV12's Off The Glass. I have this posted on the Boy's Basketball Board as well.

What does anybody know about the 1963 Basketball ream? Did any players also play football? OR had a great  player named Ken Campbell. Anyone know about him?

• 2 weeks later...