WESTVIEW CHARGERS HEAD COACH JOB

3rddownpunt

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

There is zero chance it will be Brian Nix from Alcoa. 

Let them have high hopes.  The pay for coaches in the east usually stops any of them coming west. A kid from our 2010 team is a position coach in Chattanooga and makes more  than our HC here.He said the pay in the west sucks no matter the school in comparison. 

10 hours ago, Beagle said:

Let them have high hopes.  The pay for coaches in the east usually stops any of them coming west. A kid from our 2010 team is a position coach in Chattanooga and makes more  than our HC here.He said the pay in the west sucks no matter the school in comparison. 

He’s correct, coach and teacher salaries are horrible in West TN and even worse in Weakley County.

19 hours ago, 3rddownpunt said:

who will they turn to now?

puckett?

alcoa d cord?

I’m sure Puckett would do great at Westview, I’ve heard nothing but great things about him and always enjoy his radio commentary on coaches corner. Seems to be very good with x’s and o’s too. I attended the Huntingdon semi final game against Lake County and was surprised how good LC looked and how well coached they were, the final score really doesn’t indicate just how bad they beat a good, well coached mustang team. Westview needs to strongly consider him if he’s interested but not sure he’d leave LC. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Beagle said:

first job low money short contract  kinda thing.Maybe if he was already on staff..

If your referring to Johnson I agree, ONE DAY he’d probably make a great head coach. Kids love him, he brings energy/passion, knows the game well (especially the defense, played LB for UTM and had a short stint in the NFL) and is a master in the weight room. He’s definitely a huge asset to the staff, the new coach would be a fool to not keep him.