WESTVIEW CHARGERS HEAD COACH JOB

3rddownpunt

53 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Yes, LC has put kids in the pros. Here is a question how many gold balls in football does Westview have? I know they have one silver ball. Oh, don't bother to answer the question about gold balls. I know the answer. So, come up with something else than Westview has put a few in the pros so has LC. Good day good luck in your coaching search. You may get Puckett, I doubt it but you may. Funny, for a great job like Westview should be we are not getting any candidates named? They putting all their stock in Puckett? 

I don’t think they’re putting any stock in Puckett, at least I haven’t heard his name as being interviewed..... I’m not a historian on Westview football, but I think they did go 42-0 back before the gold balls. And up until the Cantrell era, they were a pretty solid football team. 

16 hours ago, WesTNFootball said:

I don’t think they’re putting any stock in Puckett, at least I haven’t heard his name as being interviewed..... I’m not a historian on Westview football, but I think they did go 42-0 back before the gold balls. And up until the Cantrell era, they were a pretty solid football team. 

They did have a long win streak in the late 60s and early 70s. Cody did take Westview to the playoffs several times but usually was gone by the 2nd round. I hope Westview gets a good coach just now LC coach.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

Any word on interviews?

Interviews that have already taken place and can be confirmed are: Adam Renshaw from Cleveland, Josh Wolfe from WC

It appears as though Brandon Gray from Adamsville was a top choice among very few, along with Don Coady. It should be very interesting to see how it all plays out. Stay tuned.....

16 minutes ago, mamabear37 said:

Interviews that have already taken place and can be confirmed are: Adam Renshaw from Cleveland, Josh Wolfe from WC

It appears as though Brandon Gray from Adamsville was a top choice among very few, along with Don Coady. It should be very interesting to see how it all plays out. Stay tuned.....

Josh Wolfe would be a good one. Just my two cents....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Renshaw would also be worth looking into. We tried to tempt him a few years back, but his family situation was in the wrong state at the time. He knows the game, and I figure he'll come back west eventually. Really good guy from some people close to him too.

Without a doubt. A+ hire if it turns out to be him. Westview football would be lucky to have someone like Josh Wolfe. How can you not like the guy?  Wolfe is an all around outstanding  person, the kids really relate to him, they love him, and he loves them. He’s in the coaching profession for all the right reasons and it shows. With the right support staff in place at WHS, he has potential to do big things. Absolutely a hire the parents would be pleased with having at the helm. 

1 hour ago, mamabear37 said:

All of these guys would be good hires. Not sure about Cody coming back, but he had success at one point 

Yes he would..sound Head coach great guy doesn't take any gruff from parents or kids but everyone still loves the guy..x'x and o's are impeccable . He has done  so much in WC with so little and no help from the school district at all. Kids want to play for him and play hard.  I know McConnell was a win for camden but to be honest I wanted Josh Wolfe and was disappointed when he wasnt the choice  

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, mamabear37 said:

Without a doubt. A+ hire if it turns out to be him. Westview football would be lucky to have someone like Josh Wolfe. How can you not like the guy?  Wolfe is an all around outstanding  person, the kids really relate to him, they love him, and he loves them. He’s in the coaching profession for all the right reasons and it shows. With the right support staff in place at WHS, he has potential to do big things. Absolutely a hire the parents would be pleased with having at the helm. 

Spot on.  He is also  a winner and as competitive as they come.

• Upvote 1

On 12/30/2019 at 6:35 PM, mamabear37 said:

Wow......if Gray takes that job, that's an absolute coup. What he's done down here is unbelievable. I have a hard time believing he'd leave his hometown, but who knows.

Good list of candidates....will continue to follow.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 12:52 PM, SWTNFB said:

Wow......if Gray takes that job, that's an absolute coup. What he's done down here is unbelievable. I have a hard time believing he'd leave his hometown, but who knows.

Good list of candidates....will continue to follow.

I think he has the best resume out of the three, but probably the least likely to leave his current position. Surely Adamsville would step in & try to keep him.