WESTVIEW CHARGERS HEAD COACH JOB

3rddownpunt

Been over a month and I have heard of several coaches turning down the job.   Why?  What is going on in Martin.  Not saying this is a premier job, but it is very strange that a coach leaves after one season and they appear to be having so much trouble finding someone they can be happy with that will actually take it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, riverrat said:

Been over a month and I have heard of several coaches turning down the job.   Why?  What is going on in Martin.  Not saying this is a premier job, but it is very strange that a coach leaves after one season and they appear to be having so much trouble finding someone they can be happy with that will actually take it.

Other than their quarterback, what makes this job appealing? 

11 hours ago, riverrat said:

From inside sources, no coach has turned down the job. They are still working on it, idk why they haven’t been in a hurry to get a new coach 

I told mama that it's not bad but you've got what has been a successful college coach watching over his talented son and as anticipated the expectations are high.  Anything less cold negatively impact little Simpsons future.  I like Coach Simpson and he treated my son fairly when Simpson arrived to UTM in the mid 2000's. The HC position has the potential to develop into a job that has a 8 mile screwdriver stuck in it.  No matter how much potential little Simpson shows the supporting cast has to be there or he risks not being able to showcase his talents.

On 1/8/2020 at 8:42 PM, GCPioneer said:

... the kicker.....

No doubt. I heard the kicker is being looked at by Alabama. Hopefully, Carver won't end up there. If he's going to the SEC, then he needs to head to the hill and play at big brother's house, the Vols. The kid has a leg and kicks it very high, which is needed at the next level.