WESTVIEW CHARGERS HEAD COACH JOB

3rddownpunt

On 1/8/2020 at 9:57 PM, WesTNFootball said:

From inside sources, no coach has turned down the job. They are still working on it, idk why they haven’t been in a hurry to get a new coach 

FACT...2 coaches have turned the job down. There are others that pulled their name from consideration for the position. Where there is smoke, there is fire & seems to me, there’s a whole lot of smoke. Funny how you continue to refer to your “inside sources”, but yet have no idea what you are talking about. The truth is,  no successful, proven coach seems to want the HC job at Westview. The BIG question we all need to be asking is why?     

Edited by mamabear37

32 minutes ago, mamabear37 said:

FACT...2 coaches have turned the job down. There are others that pulled their name from consideration for the position. Where there is smoke, there is fire & seems to me, there’s a whole lot of smoke. Funny how you continue to refer to your “inside sources”, but yet have no idea what you are talking about. The truth is,  no successful, proven coach wants the job at Westview. The BIG question we all need to be asking is why?     

I know a coach personally who would've been a heck of a coach for Westview, but decided to stay where he's at. I don't know mamabear or westtnfootball or a few others on here commenting, but from the coaches I know and talk to (and that's several) is that WV can't really compete in that classification or in that Region...right now.

The parents of a few of the players are allowed to be too involved and a couple have even made "threats" to move their kid, if they don't get what they want. To me, the Principal/AD just needs to make a decision and if those families feel that strong about it, then wish them well and happy trails. Football is a "we" sport and not an "I" sport. Those kids/parents are typically cancers on a team anyway and you're better off without them in the long run.  WV should be a good spot for an up & coming coach who has "deaf" ears. 

Edited by SuperFan14A
spelling
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

I know a coach personally who would've been a heck of a coach for Westview, but decided to stay where he's at. I don't know mamabear or westtnfootball or a few others on here commenting, but from the coaches I know and talk to (and that's several) is that WV can't really compete in that classification or in that Region...right now.

The parents of a few of the players are allowed to be too involved and a couple have even made "threats" to move their kid, if they don't get what they want. To me, the Principal/AD just needs to make a decision and if those families feel that strong about it, then wish them well and happy trails. Football is a "we" sport and not an "I" sport. Those kids/parents are typically cancers on a team anyway and you're better off without them in the long run.  WV should be a good spot for an up & coming coach who has "deaf" ears. 

There is a lot of truth in this post. 

The whole narrative about the parents being the problem is false. You can spin it anyway you’d like & it’s still bs. If anything, parents are fed up with the politics of it all, the lack of consistency, integrity & professionalism. To my knowledge NO “threats” to leave have been made by parents. Many legitimate concerns have been raised by parents, & rightfully so, given the state of the program over the last several years. Why,  when looking at all the successful programs across West TN, would parents not be considering better for their kids?! Enough is enough. 

2 minutes ago, mamabear37 said:

The whole narrative about the parents being the problem is false. You can spin it anyway you’d like & it’s still bs. If anything, parents are fed up with the politics of it all, the lack of consistency, integrity & professionalism. To my knowledge NO “threats” to leave have been made by parents. Many legitimate concerns have been raised by parents, & rightfully so, given the state of the program over the last several years. Why,  when looking at all the successful programs across West TN, would parents not be considering better for their kids?! Enough is enough. 

Key words “to my knowledge”. Not saying you are necessarily wrong. You just can never say something isn’t happening just because YOU didn’t hear it. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Key words “to my knowledge”. Not saying you are necessarily wrong. You just can never say something isn’t happening just because YOU didn’t hear it. 

True. You said a mouthful there. Would you care to give your opinion on my last question in the previous post?  To be from Milan, you sure seem to know a lot about what’s going on over here in Martin. 

Edited by mamabear37

6 hours ago, mamabear37 said:

FACT...2 coaches have turned the job down. There are others that pulled their name from consideration for the position. Where there is smoke, there is fire & seems to me, there’s a whole lot of smoke. Funny how you continue to refer to your “inside sources”, but yet have no idea what you are talking about. The truth is,  no successful, proven coach seems to want the HC job at Westview. The BIG question we all need to be asking is why?     

Sooo. To this point, no one on this website has mentioned the coach I believe would be perfect for Westview. However, he does not have any "head coaching experience" but everything else checks the box for the Chargers. Due to privacy and respect, I will not mention his name until Westview has announced their coach.

1 hour ago, mamabear37 said:

True. You said a mouthful there. Would you care to give your opinion on my last question in the previous post?  To be from Milan, you sure seem to know a lot about what’s going on over here in Martin. 

To answer your last question yes you might want to consider other programs.  I blame no one at all for wanting to do that. I have two sons in elementary school and if their interests are football I would want them to be part of a successful program. However it would have to be one with sound academics as well. As a teacher and “coach” I will always have academics as first priority. If a program is available, and there are some, where children can get the best of both worlds it is a no brainer. And I know some stuff about west view because my wife worked there until recently. I know lots of people there. Plus I have been an educator in West TN for 21 years now. Lots of connections. I do sincerely wish y’all nothing but the best in finding your new coach. 

• Thanks 1