WESTVIEW CHARGERS HEAD COACH JOB

3rddownpunt

5 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Because where has Westview been in the last 3-4 years?

Exactly my point, if they are serious about wanting to win its time to spend some money and hire a proven head coach with a proven history of continuous playoff appearances. Don Cody left, talent was down, they promoted Cantrell to HC and he just couldn’t get it done. Cantrell is a good guy and a great assistant but didn’t need to be HC at the time. McConnell had them going in the right direction but has since gone home, time to right the ship.

12 hours ago, Beagle said:

Let them have high hopes.  The pay for coaches in the east usually stops any of them coming west. A kid from our 2010 team is a position coach in Chattanooga and makes more  than our HC here.He said the pay in the west sucks no matter the school in comparison. 

Really depends on the school system. Dyersburg and Dyer County pay at least $10,000 for the head coaching supplement in Football and Basketball. Crockett County pays well also. Shelby County Schools, Bartlett, Germantown, Colleirville, and Arlington pay higher teacher salaries that most places in the state but SCS pays a terrible coaching supplement. 

It is very hard for small school districts to justify paying coaches alot of money unless it's raised and paid by boosters. The state has really cracked down on tracking every penny to make sure it is used for educational purposes to benefit all students.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

Really depends on the school system. Dyersburg and Dyer County pay at least $10,000 for the head coaching supplement in Football and Basketball. Crockett County pays well also. Shelby County Schools, Bartlett, Germantown, Colleirville, and Arlington pay higher teacher salaries that most places in the state but SCS pays a terrible coaching supplement. 

It is very hard for small school districts to justify paying coaches alot of money unless it's raised and paid by boosters. The state has really cracked down on tracking every penny to make sure it is used for educational purposes to benefit all students.

I appreciate the knowledge  you passed on there and don't doubt your accuracy in the least bit. Thank you .

I feel the need to return the favor. "a lot" is not one word.We are now even.

That's one of those things that makes my eye  twitch go off.  :P  

1 hour ago, warmachine7954 said:

Dyersburg is the highest paying system in west ten outside of the Shelby co systems as far base pay goes. Add in that the coaching supplements are very good and it is one of the better gigs state wide. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Dyersburg is the highest paying system in west ten outside of the Shelby co systems as far base pay goes. Add in that the coaching supplements are very good and it is one of the better gigs state wide. 

Never been to Dyerburg  why is that? A growing community with extra cash?

5 hours ago, Beagle said:

I wish ya'll all the luck.  I would look into Coach Wolfe in West Carroll.  Great coach better person proven winner with out much community support.He deserves better support and less work. He basically does it all from what I hear 

I don't think he'd go to Westview. He might but just my thought. 

37 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Dyerburg and Dyer County is a pretty strong area. They've always paid a good teacher salary compared to other places in West TN. Sport's are a big part of the community so I guess they feel like it's something they should pay for. 

Shelby County School head coaching supplements are low in comparision to other places in the state. I was an assistant basketball coach a few years ago and my supplement was somewhere around $2000. After taxes it was thin. 

52 minutes ago, Beagle said:

They invest heavily in education as a whole. No they are not Alcoa or maryville but the sports programs overall are in good shape. Facilities are first class. Buildings, fields and everything. Lots of money spent on tech, curriculum and materials. They pay so good to attract the top teachers and they are regularly in the top 5% of academic performing school systems in the state. They are a reward system every year. They just decided what was important to their community and opened the checkbook. Been like that for a while. 

58 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

They invest heavily in education as a whole. No they are not Alcoa or maryville but the sports programs overall are in good shape. Facilities are first class. Buildings, fields and everything. Lots of money spent on tech, curriculum and materials. They pay so good to attract the top teachers and they are regularly in the top 5% of academic performing school systems in the state. They are a reward system every year. They just decided what was important to their community and opened the checkbook. Been like that for a while. 

That is fantastic. Kudos to them all around The  minds and bodies of our youth is definitely something to be highly invested in!

Edited by Beagle

1 hour ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I don't think he'd go to Westview. He might but just my thought. 

The drive from Camden is about the same  I really dont know why he still lives here TBH..seems after this hire  he may move.There is zero chance he is the HC here any time soon.  Maybe he will come back to be the DC...your last HC took a step back when he left