WESTVIEW CHARGERS HEAD COACH JOB

3rddownpunt

4 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

McConnell left for a reason other than just going home. There is more to the story than we may ever know. 5 star qb for two more years and pretty solid roster. Like I said there is more to the story than wanting to go back to Camden. 

I can see some truth to that. It’s hard at WV because you have to share a stadium with UTM or at least I think that’ll be a problem, with booster money and everything else 

23 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

McConnell left for a reason other than just going home. There is more to the story than we may ever know. 5 star qb for two more years and pretty solid roster. Like I said there is more to the story than wanting to go back to Camden. 

I do not have any direct info but, I tend to agree with you on this. I believe there is more the story than just wanting to go home..

2 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

I do not have any direct info but, I tend to agree with you on this. I believe there is more the story than just wanting to go home..

I do have direct info, and there is nothing more to the story. He is a family man, his parents are aging, and his kids are not with their grandparents. He is also an avid fisher & duck hunter, not much water in Martin. 

1 hour ago, WesTNFootball said:

I do have direct info, and there is nothing more to the story. He is a family man, his parents are aging, and his kids are not with their grandparents. He is also an avid fisher & duck hunter, not much water in Martin. 

Maybe it's that simple but I do believe there is more to it. When Cody left Martin there was alot more to the story. I am certainly not knocking the man for going home but I do believe the Westview job there is certain politics that come with that job. Cannot go in to detail but things are different there.

On 12/15/2019 at 2:04 PM, lakecounty1968 said:

There was..Money.  We paid the man.

6 hours ago, WesTNFootball said:

Would Puckett be able to handle this job? Tough district & a completely different type of school than Lake Co

I mean absolutely no disrespect to Lake County,  but I think if someone can do what he has done there, then he can be successful anywhere.  Yes, it's a very tough district, but if given a few years to work the boys in the weight room, I think he'd get Westview back on track. He'd also be bringing his son with him as well, that would be another much needed target for Simpson. I think the Puckett kid will be either a sophomore or junior and could really compliment the QB and his spread offense. I think if Puckett is interested in the job they need to make it happen.

1 hour ago, WestVol said:

I mean absolutely no disrespect to Lake County,  but I think if someone can do what he has done there, then he can be successful anywhere.  Yes, it's a very tough district, but if given a few years to work the boys in the weight room, I think he'd get Westview back on track. He'd also be bringing his son with him as well, that would be another much needed target for Simpson. I think the Puckett kid will be either a sophomore or junior and could really compliment the QB and his spread offense. I think if Puckett is interested in the job they need to make it happen.

Something to remember about the son. If Puckett is hired as the coach and they don’t make a full move of residence to the Westview district in weakley co schools he will have to sit out a year per tssaa rules.