R'dale 2020

Lost Old Dad

Starting the thread now............so I can tell the young men their next year STARTED the day the last one ended.  Right now you are a blank sheet waiting to write great things upon.

It ALL starts in the weight room and will require SWEAT.  Lots and lots of sweat from hard work EVERY day.  The more you sweat, the more your opponents will feel what it is like to be embarrassed by getting knocked on the backs play after play after play!

Now what do you say?  Do you want to be the ones hoisting the Gold Ball trophy this time next year, or do you want to be just another want to be?

The answer is yours to write!

Now Coaches it is time for you to actually talk to and TEACH the young men.  Are YOU up to it?

21 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Starting the thread now............so I can tell the young men their next year STARTED the day the last one ended.  Right now you are a blank sheet waiting to write great things upon.

It ALL starts in the weight room and will require SWEAT.  Lots and lots of sweat from hard work EVERY day.  The more you sweat, the more your opponents will feel what it is like to be embarrassed by getting knocked on the backs play after play after play!

Now what do you say?  Do you want to be the ones hoisting the Gold Ball trophy this time next year, or do you want to be just another want to be?

Now Coaches it is time for you to actually talk to and TEACH the young men.  Are YOU up to it?

Solid pre-game speech sir

19 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Win one for the Gipper

All right almost time for Christmas Break.

Coaches have you made arrangements for the young men to be able to lift during the break at a private gym facility.  You know like maybe that Purple Painted one behind the Walgreens on Veterans?  If not, why not?

Your three year free ride from me is OVER.  Produce or get ridden HARD!

WINNING football is NOT a three month endeavor.  It is ALL YEAR!

Edited by Lost Old Dad

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:52 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

Do you seriously advocate lifting weights every day?

15 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Do you seriously advocate lifting weights every day?

Yes, and running at least a mile.  Son ran his with a military pack and 75 pounds of weights in it his senior year.   Son was also lifting right at 1600 pounds between his three main lifts his Senior year.   Until Coach A got embarrassed and took the boards down showing what the young men on the team lifted, 'clones' was number 1 in the weight room!

When he came back from his first tour in Iraq he told me it saved his life as the others were winded and lucky just to be able to put on their gear.   Just the normal combat load without ones pack is close to 100 pounds.  Then add a 75-150 pound combat load pack to that.

Football is just civilized war, and I raise Warriors to WIN in BOTH!

• Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 3:52 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

Sounds like this dad didn’t raise no water boy. My extended gratitude to your son for serving our country. I hope he is enjoying life.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:28 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

Yes, and running at least a mile.  Son ran his with a military pack and 75 pounds of weights in it his senior year.   Son was also lifting right at 1600 pounds between his three main lifts his Senior year.   Until Coach A got embarrassed and took the boards down showing what the young men on the team lifted, 'clones' was number 1 in the weight room!

When he came back from his first tour in Iraq he told me it saved his life as the others were winded and lucky just to be able to put on their gear.   Just the normal combat load without ones pack is close to 100 pounds.  Then add a 75-150 pound combat load pack to that.

Football is just civilized war, and I raise Warriors to WIN in BOTH!

Tell your son that Blazer Nation appreciates his service to our country.   And that is amazing what he handled, even professional bodybuilders and powerlifters who have one in a million genetics and take dump truck loads of steroids, growth hormone, etc. don't lift weights every day.

21 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Tell your son that Blazer Nation appreciates his service to our country.   And that is amazing what he handled, even professional bodybuilders and powerlifters who have one in a million genetics and take dump truck loads of steroids, growth hormone, etc. don't lift weights every day.

The days he did not go to the gym to lift, he at least did some minor lifting with hand weights.  I made it VERY clear when he first started playing ball at R'dale if ANYBODY ever came near the clone with a steroid, their butts would be spending the night at least in JAIL.  Coach Britton agreed with me.  That is another reason he and I got along.

As to his military service, it is what our family does in life.  There has been a male member of my Dad's side of the family in some form of Military/Colonial Militia continuously since 1645 in this country.

Even though I am retired, even I still get calls and e-mails every time there is a Muslim incident anywhere.  The last two was the London Bridge incident and Pensacola.  I got both e-mails and calls on both of them.

Three more years and they can STICK IT!

Is ANY of the current players parents even aware of Coach T?  I ask as the program used to want to keep it 'secret'.

Should have seen the dirty looks I got from Rankin when I wore my Coach T shirt to practice and games.  To tell the truth I used to wear it ALOT around him.  I looked at it as 'motivation'.  LOL

Wife did get a little motivated herself when I wanted it washed and ironed every other day.  LOL

Then I bought TWO more of them!  They are now just about worn out so that means I MUST buy more!

On 12/5/2019 at 3:52 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

No offense, but the only thing that Riverdale is going to be hoisting at the end of the year is a water cooler. Putting things away at the end of the season.

8 hours ago, LawandOrder said:

No offense, but the only thing that Riverdale is going to be hoisting at the end of the year is a water cooler. Putting things away at the end of the season.

They will never know until they TRY!

R'dales record for the 2020 season is exactly the same as the rest of the Region, and State.

Merry Christmas Y'all!