R'dale 2020

Lost Old Dad

• 4 weeks later...

Our Facility is coming along and hopefully will be done soon.  We have a lot of young talent as our past 2 freshman classes did very well. so our Jr and SO class has a lot of talent and I do feel the coaching staff is making them better.

LOD is right this will take awhile to get back.  Many may not realize but Riverdale is the ONLY school in the county without a Middle school and I think an Elementary school.  Our kids are coming to Riverdale not knowing anyone .  That is ok though they try to keep us down and like always we are WARRIORS AND FIGHT OUR WAY BACK!  That is how it is in life though isn't it .  The road in life is never easy how you handle it is what matters most!!!

GO WARRIORS!!!! 

If I am not mistaken Riverdale has two middle school feeder programs in Christiana and Whitworth Buchanan. They may not be on the same grounds and may have different names but that is just logistics. It's no different than Smyrna High being fed by Smyrna Middle and Rocky Fork. Really it's no different than LaVergne being fed by LaVergne Middle and part of Rock Springs I think. Just my opinion. 

Also I have a hard time believing the kids don't know the coaches. A Riverdale alum is the head coach at Christiana. They also play home games at Riverdale. I have A hard time believing Riverdale coaches aren't at the games supporting the feeder schools. Maybe you are right on that part I just can't see why if you are.

3 minutes ago, Coach said:

Why is Murfreesboro Central Magnet not coop with Riverdale in football. This could be a school that feeds them.

That decision was made by the school board when the magnet school opened up.  Eagleville was the only school that the 6a schools would agree to be the co-op school for football.

27 minutes ago, Coach said:

Why is Murfreesboro Central Magnet not coop with Riverdale in football. This could be a school that feeds them. Central was a middle school at one time and fed Riverdale I believe.

Actually it fed both R'dale and Oakland.  Where they went depended on where they lived or where and who their father was.  One with a QB son took his from R'dale to Oakland after he had a confrontation with Rankin on the practice field one day.  The Coach/Dad insisted his son was a better QB than the one that was the little Brother QB of the OLD starting QB that both had the Freshman  HC Dad.  You know the Coach that was RECRUITED from South Carolina that was given a job and guarantee that BOTH of his sons would be a first string QB at R'dale.  This was a couple of years after Rankin recruited from both Cookeville and Blackman for RB's.

Coach W carried a clipboard because without it you had a time following the show on the field.  LOL

On 2/28/2020 at 10:46 AM, Coach said:

Why is Murfreesboro Central Magnet not coop with Riverdale in football. This could be a school that feeds them. Central was a middle school at one time and fed Riverdale I believe.

There ain't nary a football player one walking the halls of Central Magnet.

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 8:20 AM, Coach said:

Why would any school board in America inconvenience any student to drive that far out of the way. Central has enough students to have their own football team it seems.  Why do they not have one.

Ever watched "Big Bang Theory"?  That is their student body!  Got a bunch of 'Amy' types but they are SEVERLY lacking in 'Penny' though.  LOL

Edited by Lost Old Dad

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2020 at 3:34 PM, TomLHS said:

Riverdale will be playing for first loser like everyone else in the district that has been dominated by Kevin Creasy’s Patriots for the last 5 years.  

Maybe, but at least they will know they have been in a game.   When it comes to Oakland vs R'dale, you can throw out all the stats and favorites.  It is going to be a battle.  Thusly the name of the yearly  "Battle of the Boro".  While it is not the rivalry it once was when there was only the two of them in the City, it is not a game to blow off as a given.