CPA vs ECS game thread

Mothman26

57 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I couldn't tell if he trapped the ball or not.  Awfully close.  I had the advantage of viewing replays on TV a few times.  From the angles they showed I just couldn't tell.  

Definitely a defensive battle in the 2nd half. 

Joe_spears7 has the video on twitter. You can see it skip.

Good hard fought game. I am a huge Ingle Martin fan, but really didn't understand the 3 times CPA had 3rd and 3 or 4 and knew they were going for it on 4th down but didn't do what they are best at and pound the rock. Ran end around once on 3rd and 4 and got nothing, then ran inside on 4th and failed. Another time passed incomplete on 3rd and 4, then ran on 4th and failed. If the strength of your team is running between the ends and you know you are going to go for it on 4th down, then run it twice and try to get 4 yards on those 2 runs. But if I was coaching, they never would have gotten that far.
I haven't looked at replay but how do you have a defensive holding 10 yards down the field chasing a back running a sweep? The 4th down catch was not a catch, but that's what you get sometimes with HS refs and no replay. There were some other bad calls both ways during the game but that one determined the final outcome. Called incomplete correctly and CPA wins. Too bad. 
With all that said, CPA made way too many mistakes and mostly squandered too many trips inside ECS's 25 yard line. If they had taken care of the ball and taken care of business when they had good field position, the refs wouldn't have mattered. Also it is hard to win a state crown without a FG kicking game. Credit to ECS for bending and not breaking defensively and for a great season and championship. 
BUT watch out next year. CPA will be VERY tough.

To all the CPA fans on here and all over, congratulations on a great season.

That game was truly a battle of two tough, battle tested, well coached football teams.  We knew when we played CPA in week one that the team that would be in the playoffs would be vastly improved from week 1, and boy were they.  Very physical, great fundamentals, and well coached for sure.

It wasn't the prettiest of games with all the turnovers, but nonetheless it was a true battle between two very good football teams.  Very physical, hard hitting game.  Both teams looking to get in a phone booth and win it the old fashioned way.

I also have to say that both times we played CPA this year, every encounter I had with CPA fans, parents and coaches was very positive.  Very complimentary towards us after the game.  It is always nice when after the game the parents can appreciate each other and show great sportsmanship.  CPA truly has a great football program and we have great respect for their school as a whole.  

As for next year, CPA will certainly be in the mix for the gold ball again, likely the favorite.  Best of luck to them, and I believe we will open our seasons next year against each other again!

I appreciate all of the congratulations from all the fans on here.  Our football program took a pretty serious dip a few years ago.  We've been blessed in the last 3 years to put together a coaching staff that re-established a culture of hard work, accountability and service that culminated this year in a championship.  This senior class had 3 head coaches over 4 years, and, as every team does, this year's team had some challenges and potential pitfalls that most fans never see.  But to their credit, our seniors and the rest of the team never let those things alter their mindset.  As a parent they have been a joy to watch all year.

Once again, congrats to all, and now looking forward to a little rest to start building excitement for next season!

• Like 2

Congrats to the Evangelicals...

no one wants to talk much about the ECS interception at the end of the game where the ball bounce up in the air.....and the ecs kid catches it ....game over....and the zebras give CPA another chance to when it at the end of the game if they could throw the ball.....quit the whinin

...there where no more advantage bad calls to one side than the other......Hillary happens..

..there is a shortage of zebras in TN HS FB right now.....u all can aplly now..and when next season rolls around.....u all can call those perfect games

Great game...glad Booger got to witness it...along with the other games ....most of them anywho

....cant imagine who takes the gold ball away from the Presbyterians next year...

Booger just sayin :roll: