2A REGION 5 2020

GeneralForrest

On 1/15/2020 at 4:53 PM, Tata said:

I've got some relatives that live in Murfreesboro and they said that EV is getting some good players in all sports from Murfreesboro Central. He said that there are getting them in every sport. If Forrest or Louis Co could add 3 or 4 quality starters  then how good could they be. I bet Riverside/parsons would not have beaten Forrest or Louis. Maybe Eagleville should be 3A with the players that they get from Murfreesboro.  I don't have a dog in this, but I am a HS football fan  with an opinion.

you must mean central magnet. i dont think they have a football team 

4 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

you must mean central magnet. i dont think they have a football team 

It just seems that if a school has 400 students and they can get players from a school that has 1000 they would have a huge advantage over a school that has 500 students.  Weather the school with 1000 students has Football or not really doesn't matter. If Forest could get players from the biggest town in Marshall County how much better would they be? Or if Louis County could get players from their biggest town it would make them better as well, right?

1 minute ago, Tata said:

It just seems that if a school has 400 students and they can get players from a school that has 1000 they would have a huge advantage over a school that has 500 students.  Weather the school with 1000 students has Football or not really doesn't matter. If Forest could get players from the biggest town in Marshall County how much better would they be? Or if Louis County could get players from their biggest town it would make them better as well, right?

I 100% agree with your point that EV has an advantage that LEWIS (not Louis) or Forrest doesn’t have and it should be addressed by the TSSAA. Don’t hold your breath because this one of many examples of cooperating schools getting additional players with no accountability. Secondly, Lewisburg has a FB team, but even if they did not they should‘nt be allowed to play for Forrest without counting them in some way. Lastly, there is not but 1 town or HS in Lewis Co.  So there is NO opportunity to have any players except Hohenwald kids.

On 1/18/2020 at 9:16 AM, EHSEagles said:

We don't get that many from Central. This past year we had 6.

I don’t blame EV for getting players from another school. I would love to be able to add 6 additional players to our team each year, but we don’t have that opportunity. How much better could LC be? We will never know.