Possible Weekend Ranked Matchups

WrestlingGod

1 minute ago, fooseball95 said:

Have a good day John lol

you too Bruce

Oh, to help you out again, 7 of the 14 starters at CBHS were part of the Wave program

On the others

2 were new wrestlers, started as a freshman

Another's dad attended CBHS 

And 2 were from a local club that has no school affiliation and became friends with our kids, and I've never asked them why they chose CBHS, but maybe it's because of the reputation we have in town for molding young men into fine students. 

So no, none of these kids were recruited. And I could go back for years and show you the exact same stats

1 minute ago, PurpleWrestler said:

you too Bruce

Oh, to help you out again, 7 of the 14 starters at CBHS were part of the Wave program

On the others

And 2 were from a local club that has no school affiliation and became friends with our kids, and I've never asked them why they chose CBHS, but maybe it's because of the reputation we have in town for molding young men into fine students. 

So no, none of these kids were recruited. And I could go back for years and show you the exact same stats

:roflolk:

What’s strange is that you assume anyone who disagrees with you is me!! Like I’ve said...I am not hiding behind anything...if I have something to say on here you can be 100% sure that this is me. You guys have a good season!! And for your info....I went to Bradley...Foose went to Cleveland...if you’d dig a little you’d know that about Foose!

2 minutes ago, BOUNCE said:

What’s strange is that you assume anyone who disagrees with you is me!! Like I’ve said...I am not hiding behind anything...if I have something to say on here you can be 100% sure that this is me. You guys have a good season!! And for your info....I went to Bradley...Foose went to Cleveland...if you’d dig a little you’d know that about Foose!

Where have I said that about everyone that disagrees with me? And all I know is what I've been told by some pretty trusting friends. But that's fine, I wasn't being disrespectful in what I was saying, just arguing my point on the claims that were made. I don't have an issue with those claims either, as I'm sure that is common thought for a lot of people, it just happens to not be the case with everything that I know and I've been around for quite a few years now. So don't take that as anything other than a conversation. It's not personal. 

2 hours ago, PurpleWrestler said:

you too Bruce

On the others

So you want us to believe that Bowers and Derek coaching together for Team TN didn't have anything to do with the Bowers boys showing up at CBHS? They just moved 6 hours away for the fun of it? The rumor mill was churning pretty hard about Copper Flynn moving to CBHS once Bowers showed up too, but it didn't pan out.   I guess Wills Bronson just up and moved from Dalton, GA and picked CBHS without any outside influence?  The Wave club is the best recruiting tool possible... find good local talent at a young age and put them on travel teams. You are the only show in town.  

I am not saying that any of this is the wrong thing to do.  You should try to get the best talent in Memphis.  Father Ryan gets the best kids in Nashville.  They had a heavyweight out of Minnesota, John Hayes, a few years ago.  Parker Peterson wrestled for Park Hill, MO at one point.  Kids move! Ethan West lived in Georgia and won state titles for Cleveland. Hilton moved from Nashville to wrestle for Boom Ranch.  Baylor and McCallie attract their fair share of talent in all sports. No one thinks schools are out there doing in home visits.  The kids and parents are the ones that recruit...they want their kids to be on a good team. It happens in public and private, and it always will.  Social media has only made it easier.  There is a reason DII was created... stop crying about it.   Build nice facilities and hire committed coaches...then kids will show up...it's a law of nature. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BobCorker said:

So you want us to believe that Bowers and Derek coaching together for Team TN didn't have anything to do with the Bowers boys showing up at CBHS? They just moved 6 hours away for the fun of it? The rumor mill was churning pretty hard about Copper Flynn moving to CBHS once Bowers showed up too, but it didn't pan out.   I guess Wills Bronson just up and moved from Dalton, GA and picked CBHS without any outside influence?  The Wave club is the best recruiting tool possible... find good local talent at a young age and put them on travel teams. You are the only show in town.  

I am not saying that any of this is the wrong thing to do.  You should try to get the best talent in Memphis.  Father Ryan gets the best kids in Nashville.  They had a heavyweight out of Minnesota, John Hayes, a few years ago.  Parker Peterson wrestled for Park Hill, MO at one point.  Kids move! Ethan West lived in Georgia and won state titles for Cleveland. Hilton moved from Nashville to wrestle for Boom Ranch.  Baylor and McCallie attract their fair share of talent in all sports. No one thinks schools are out there doing in home visits.  The kids and parents are the ones that recruit...they want their kids to be on a good team. It happens in public and private, and it always will.  Social media has only made it easier.  There is a reason DII was created... stop crying about it.   Build nice facilities and hire committed coaches...then kids will show up...it's a law of nature. 

:popcorneater:

1 minute ago, BobCorker said:

First, the Bower's situation was totally different, and not going to drag all that up, but a ton of people were nasty to Ben, so I don't blame him for getting out of that area. He needed a change of scenery . So yeah, he went were he felt comfortable. 

Bronson's dad got a job in the Tupelo area, and they moved to Mississippi. Since he wanted to continue to wrestle, and there is NO wrestling in MS, they made the choice to look at CBHS, and were part of the Wave program, so try again. None of us really knew that family before hand

Cooper has been coached by Derek and Ed for a LONG time, (LONG before he really broke out and became a top level wrestler), so of course he had discussion about things.  And kids wanting to stay with a coach they are comfortable with is not the same as going out and finding state champions and bringing them in. If you can't see that, there is no reason to continue talking about it.

So with those 3 examples, none of them fit your statement about recruiting. 

Peterson's family MOVED to Nashville. Really don't think they did that for wrestling. Just happened, when they moved there, they had to decide where to put Parker, and chose Fr Ryan. Don't see one thing questionable about that. 

And kids wanting to stay with a coach they are comfortable with is not the same as going out and finding state champions and bringing them in. If you can't see that, there is no reason to continue talking about it.

And as for your statement about crying about DII being created, I totally get that. And I have no problem with that. My original statement was simply, make it fair. WHY are 2 kids that decided to go to a brand new school not allowed to wrestle, but 2 previous state champs were allowed to "move" and continue wrestling without a year sit out? That is all I'm arguing about. And I made a statement that the word "recruiting" and high school should never go together, and thus people made fake claims that all schools are doing that, and I deny that 100%. NOT ALL are doing it, some yes, and that is fine. To each is own, I don't care what they do, but I do care that 2 kids are not getting the same privileges as the others.