2020 1A- Who ya got???

Mustang1969

On 12/6/2019 at 11:27 PM, rlh said:

SP loses some but has some coming back.  Several running backs will be back.  We will have to see how the QB recovers.  Key will be some linemen on both sides as well as Tipton and the receiver Hubbard.  People better keep an eye on Gordy the next couple or 3 years.

gordy is going to lose a lineman to TC. May be more . 

20 hours ago, Mustang1969 said:

The 100 miles was just a number I threw out. You telling me that if your son was in high school you couldn’t drive from Atwood to Union City?

I probably would drive if he was in school. But if I decided to.move the family the kid shouldn't suffer. He shouldn't suffer if I decided to move 7 miles down the road to Milan either. 

Edited by WarEagleCartman

34 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I probably would drive if he was in school. But if I decided to.move the family the kid shouldn't suffer. He shouldn't suffer if I decided to move 7 miles down the road to Milan either. 

Your trying real hard boss. But if you decide to move 7 miles down the road to Milan do it when he’s an 8th grader. 

On 12/6/2019 at 9:59 PM, Mustang1969 said:

TSSAA gonna have to get a handle on all the transfers. Unfortunately that’s the society we live in today. People want everything to be like travel ball where you can just pick up and leave if you don’t like the team your on. 

So what if you move for the betterment of the kid? I know it’s a stretch but some (not all) move their child to a better atmosphere! Hypothetically speaking, the school said child attends has problems dealing with and controlling undisciplined kids that interfere with your child’s education! Teachers quitting and finally firing the principal! 
 Would you still require the child to sit out a full year? Legitimate legal move with change of address that is checked by the school and a TSSAA official. 

4 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

So what if you move for the betterment of the kid? I know it’s a stretch but some (not all) move their child to a better atmosphere! Hypothetically speaking, the school said child attends has problems dealing with and controlling undisciplined kids that interfere with your child’s education! Teachers quitting and finally firing the principal! 
 Would you still require the child to sit out a full year? Legitimate legal move with change of address that is checked by the school and a TSSAA official. 

Your on to something now.  I don’t have a problem with the rule as it reads now, but you would think that the TSSAA would actually have an official to do some checking. We really don’t have a problem with this in rural west tn. But the events of the past season make me see that there is a problem in other areas of the state. When the playoffs could potentially be stopped due to court injunctions it’s time to get a better process.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

Your on to something now.  I don’t have a problem with the rule as it reads now, but you would think that the TSSAA would actually have an official to do some checking. We really don’t have a problem with this in rural west tn. But the events of the past season make me see that there is a problem in other areas of the state. When the playoffs could potentially be stopped due to court injunctions it’s time to get a better process.

All I can honestly tell you is when I moved my stepson to SP from Alabama, I had to provide proof to the school of my new legal address and a TSSAA official came to my address to make sure we lived there! No fake address or mailbox on a empty lot! Even after all that, his mother and myself was called out repeatedly by different fans from different schools about recruiting and false address! One went as far to post pics from his mother’s Facebook page of us at our old house before we moved! Yes his father still lived in Alabama and so did his father’s family. So of course he would be seen in Alabama but he lived with his mother and me!

If all transfers were treated as we were they’d be not doubt if it was a legit legal move or some shady behind the scenes activity! If the TSSAA says it’s legit then how do you argue that fact! Like I said, it needs to be checked by an official just not the school!

1 hour ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

That's covered also... it's called a hardship.