2020 1A- Who ya got???

Mustang1969

6 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Not stewing at all about it. Just making conversation about Lake County. People seem to forget that Lake County is a traditional 1A power. LC has been good in every decade and with a few breaks along the way Lake County could have 3 or 4 more gold balls. Lake County is kind of forgotten among the best programs in 1A. Yes, LC has down years but most of the time LC has very good years. Maybe I could have worded different. LC has been a top tier program since the 60s. My point was Lake County usually has to get through some of the best in 1A year and year out to even think about making it to Cookeville. The only private school I will ever be bitter toward is ECS. 

To be fair, I have rather bitter feelings towards ECS myself. Our quarterbacks knees or injured by their players two years in a row and quite possibly cost us 2 two chances at a gold ball because his Mobility was extremely Limited after the injuries and he basically played on one leg. Sadly we will never know what might have happened and either your case or mine. Please believe me when I say that I have much respect for Lake County and I enjoyed the competition against them with both schools I have represented behind the microphone

On 12/14/2019 at 10:34 AM, lakecounty1968 said:

Not stewing at all about it. Just making conversation about Lake County. People seem to forget that Lake County is a traditional 1A power. LC has been good in every decade and with a few breaks along the way Lake County could have 3 or 4 more gold balls. Lake County is kind of forgotten among the best programs in 1A. Yes, LC has down years but most of the time LC has very good years. Maybe I could have worded different. LC has been a top tier program since the 60s. My point was Lake County usually has to get through some of the best in 1A year and year out to even think about making it to Cookeville. The only private school I will ever be bitter toward is ECS. 

No none that knows the history of Class A and 1a football forgets about Lake 'County.

On 12/14/2019 at 9:34 AM, lakecounty1968 said:

I garuntee we knowd along time about you Lake County fellars.  We been feuding for a while.  We have traded punches in that championship game.  In 1985 Grider didn't have a answer for that Flagg man then that Wilson man won in 1994 when you had that Flowers man.  One thing is for certain.  You fellars got the respect from the fake honey hole fellars.  LRDAO... You think im joking but im not. 

Edited by Roy Dillard

On 12/9/2019 at 5:46 PM, Mustang1969 said:

And no parent of an athlete has ever gained employment at your school after athlete has agreed to come there?  No athlete has ever worked for school in lieu of payment? Everybody knows y’alls honeyhole back in the day was Gerdau. If the kid could excel at a sport then their parent could get a job there. I don’t have a hatred for private’s only sanctimonious  turds that want everyone to believe their poop doesn’t stank. Now this would be a good time for you to hush if your narcissistic personality will allow you too.

My father worked Gerdau for decades. Started out in one of the lowest positions in the melt shop and retired as one of the senior executives. I can confirm what you said to be false. And for the record I am a Milan fan not a TCA fan. @ReitzFan

51 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

My father worked Gerdau for decades. Started out in one of the lowest positions in the melt shop and retired as one of the senior executives. I can confirm what you said to be false. And for the record I am a Milan fan not a TCA fan. @ReitzFan

Doesn’t Milan have a coach that use to play for Union City? Is that the head coach or an assistant. I think his family was big at Union City at one point.