2020 1A- Who ya got???

Mustang1969

3 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I will have to wait and see what all we can orchestrate before I can answer this question. We have a stud class of freshman coming in also. Probably make the semifinals and get beat by South Pitt. They will be loaded at the skill positions. Out west I think we will see someone new. Not the usual suspects next year.

Junior said you fellars need to orchestrate a defensive coach.  You think im joking but im not. 

57 minutes ago, Waker said:

I think it could be Freedom Prep

If they don’t get better coaching they will continue to get beat by LC. They probably have the most athletic team in 1A but absolutely no discipline and horrible fundamentals. The well coached teams like Huntington/LC would run it up on them. Imo it’s LC and Huntington again, unless Fayetteville/hunt land/cville can beat huntington in round 3. After seeing the performance from our sophomores/juniors in the championship game I think LC will 100% compete again

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree with you on a lot of what you say. But honestly do you feel you would get the kids beat effort if they were forced to be there and didn’t want to be. 

Some kids no- A great example of that would be #7 from last years Huntingdon squad. He decided that football wasn’t for him. With him playing this year with a good attitude would have went a long ways for this team.  I’m afraid it will be a hard lesson for him. I hope not, I hope he will learn to grow up and be a man. I still believe football to be more about teaching boys to be good men than anything else.

3 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

Some kids no- A great example of that would be #7 from last years Huntingdon squad. He decided that football wasn’t for him. With him playing this year with a good attitude would have went a long ways for this team.  I’m afraid it will be a hard lesson for him. I hope not, I hope he will learn to grow up and be a man. I still believe football to be more about teaching boys to be good men than anything else.

There is a lot of life lessons to be learned from playing high school football. 

2 minutes ago, Outsider1998 said:

If they don’t get better coaching they will continue to get beat by LC. They probably have the most athletic team in 1A but absolutely no discipline and horrible fundamentals. The well coached teams like Huntington/LC would run it up on them. Imo it’s LC and Huntington again, unless Fayetteville/hunt land/cville can beat huntington in round 3. After seeing the performance from our sophomores/juniors in the championship game I think LC will 100% compete again

100% agree on Lake County. Huntingdon could surprise some folks in 2020, no experience but I like our size and we have some young athletes. We have to get better at qb. 

16 hours ago, Mustang1969 said:

TSSAA gonna have to get a handle on all the transfers. Unfortunately that’s the society we live in today. People want everything to be like travel ball where you can just pick up and leave if you don’t like the team your on. 

First it was private schools, now it's transfers. What will the next complaint of the week be?

Edited by ReitzFan

1 minute ago, ReitzFan said:

Did the truth hurt or did it hit too close to home plow boy?

The truth is the same as it’s always been. Play for the public school your supposed to play for or go to a private school and play against the competition that follows the same rules you follow. I don’t know what girls basketball has to do with it.

Just now, Mustang1969 said:

The truth is the same as it’s always been. Play for the public school your supposed to play for or go to a private school and play against the competition that follows the same rules you follow. I don’t know what girls basketball has to do with it.

I forgot, you small fellers also cry about the open zoned schools too.

My whole point being that it is consistantly the smaller schools always being the ones to complain about private schools, transfers, recruiting,  and open zone rules.