Cheatham County Coaching Search

BoardHater71

3 hours ago, JustAnotherGuy said:

b/c people like your wife who control county administration of the school system don't support county athletics or student athletes AT ALL so no one comes out for football or your dumb wrestling team either.

compare that to the system you mentioned, Aloca, who FULLY supports their athletic programs and student athletes, and thus you see why the HUGE discrepancy in athletic achievement comparatively between the two systems exists.

weird how that works, isn't it.

Do you have a real name?

For a minute I thought you may be someone who hides behind a screen name. Her voting record is public knowledge. Look it up and you will see she voted to keep assistant coaches pay. She also attended the spaghetti dinner along with myself at Cheatham Central to raise money for their assistant coaches. They had a nice little show in the auditorium afterward. She has tutored many a student who struggled in the classroom over the years and she works endlessly to support the teachers in her district as well as taking calls from concerned parents around the entire district. 

She has one vote. She does not spend her time trying to influence the other board members and to suggest otherwise says how you feel about those other members. 

When you criticize my program you criticize the student athletes who are members of that program, including the parents and my assistant coach. Same as when you criticize the football program. 

I support all programs at the school including the ones I am not involved with and so does she.

Maybe you take your crybabying to another thread. 

Oh, and one other thing. I encourage my wrestlers to play other sports.......including football.

Not sure why we have covered everything BUT the topic the thread suggest. This is about the next Head FOOTBALL Coach at Cheatham. This forum probably doesn't do any good to try to bring awareness of the insanely deprived athletic programs in Cheatham County. Anyone involved in that county knows that sports are placed on the backburner. Just remember those who vote the way they do the next time elections come around. Hopefully (not probable) things change or else I see multiple sports in all the counties schools looking for help. 

So back to the original question....Who is crazy/blind enough to take this job?

1 hour ago, Hamblin said:

Do you have a real name?

For a minute I thought you may be someone who hides behind a screen name. Her voting record is public knowledge. Look it up and you will see she voted to keep assistant coaches pay. She also attended the spaghetti dinner along with myself at Cheatham Central to raise money for their assistant coaches. They had a nice little show in the auditorium afterward. She has tutored many a student who struggled in the classroom over the years and she works endlessly to support the teachers in her district as well as taking calls from concerned parents around the entire district. 

She has one vote. She does not spend her time trying to influence the other board members and to suggest otherwise says how you feel about those other members. 

When you criticize my program you criticize the student athletes who are members of that program, including the parents and my assistant coach. Same as when you criticize the football program. 

I support all programs at the school including the ones I am not involved with and so does she.

Maybe you take your crybabying to another thread. 

Oh, and one other thing. I encourage my wrestlers to play other sports.......including football.

lol. yeah i'll make sure to give my real name to the husband of a BoE member with two restraining orders from county schools against her for harassment, i'm pretty sure losing one of them for a lot of money but it's sealed by NDAs.

doesn't matter who Cheatham hires, back to the original question, a football team will NEVER succeed anywhere close to "Alcoas" of the world when people who run the BoE, like your lovely Mrs., prioritize band programs to the tune of $18,000 band-$0 for football. never. in what world does someone outside of CC even understand that inane logic of ignoring the vast amounts of research proving the benefits of strong high school athletics. it's sad, and a shame for the kids most of all, but for whatever reason CC BoE has hated athletic programs and student athletes for literally decades now. lineemup is right that it will only change once scumbads like JE are gone and replaced with 4/6 members at BoE who recognize the problem AND give a darn to fix it. i won't hold my breath if the last 25 years are any indication.

you ever stop and wonder why all the best current athletes and academic students in CC balk at the idea of going to public school there instead choosing expensive tuition and lots of commuting in lieu of the failing CC school system. gee, if only there was an executive council in CC dedicated to ensuring the success of young, school aged kids in the county.....

goodluck to CCCHS and their final choice. God bless and help you through that Atlas Stone level struggle.

Edited by JustAnotherGuy

Coaching a "successful" season at Cheatham is not impossible. Coach Finley pushed through hard times and had good seasons... Hatley took less than 30 kids to the playoffs. It just takes hard work from all of the coaches and good support from the parents. They went from 0-10 to hosting a playoff game in 3 years. They have good tough kids. Now they need a good tough coach. 

9 hours ago, flyintheointment2019 said:

They should have hired Michael Jackson in 2013 when him, Hatley, and Jakobik interviewed for the job at central office.  When he was here our teams were strong and winning playoff games.  We beat Fairview when him and Cody was coaching here.  We get killed now every time we play them.  We led the state in rushing in 2012 too.  My son was one of the linemen on that team.  

That time has come and gone sir.  My brother went to school at Cheatham County and coached at Cheatham County from 2005-2012 and they had some great seasons.  He is now married with two children and resides in Fairview and lives literally 2 minutes from the school and is part of a very successful football program at FHS.  

So many former Cubs have gotten into coaching and really done great things for high school football players at numerous places.  Michael Jackson, Michael Conner, Billy Coleman, Jack Littlejohn, James Figeroua, Bubba Chandler, John Harrison, Dustin West, Bill Anderson, Danny Boner, Chris Langley, and I'm quite sure I'm missing some others.  

I can tell you as a former War Eagle (and I'm sure some of the former Harpeth standouts would say the same thing) that it's a great feeling to go back to the field where you made so many wonderful memories so many years ago and impact the lives of young men in such a positive way.  

Cheatham County Football in the 1990s (1991-1999) was such a force in Class 4A (what would be today's Class 5A).  1991-1997 were all "winning seasons" if memory serves me correctly.  The old timers will tell you that throughout the 50s and 60s Coach Spanger's teams were powerhouses.  He won 115 games as head coach (115-45-3).  In the 1970s and early 1980s Bennie and Charlie (who went on to win 90 games at Dickson) Daniel coached the program.  Bennie Daniel coached a 9-2 team that won the Booster Bowl in 1984.  The 1980s ended with Jimmy Stack leading the Cubs to the playoffs under the TSSAA format for the first time ever (1987 and 1988).  The 1990s saw some great years under the likes of Rick Butler, Terry Arrington, Tommy Tharp, and Walt Randolph.  Cody Finley had 11 great years as the coach from 2002-2012 reaching the playoffs 8 of 11 seasons (67-55 overall).  Eric Hatley returned in 2015 and led the Cubs to the playoffs for 4 consecutive years (2015-2018).  

There have definitely been some great years and memories at Cheatham County on the football field over the last 70 years.  I have so many personal favorites as a kid watching football and as an adult doing the football games for the local AM radio station (no longer exists).  

I want nothing but the best for the kids at Cheatham County (and those at Sycamore and Harpeth) because they definitely are hard workers that will battle for the right coach.  I hope Coach Boyd has a role in the hiring of the new coach.  He has been a part of it and experienced it first hand and knows that it's definitely a challenge.  

1 hour ago, Hamblin said:

Run for school board and fix it your self honey. You will then see that your words are weak and your “inside knowledge is even weaker” 

If you are married to a board member my advice for you would be to not engage in an online taunting battle.  It doesn't help the image and is actually counter productive.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustAnotherGuy said:

lol. yeah i'll make sure to give my real name to the husband of a BoE member with two restraining orders from county schools against her for harassment, i'm pretty sure losing one of them for a lot of money but it's sealed by NDAs.

doesn't matter who Cheatham hires, back to the original question, a football team will NEVER succeed anywhere close to "Alcoas" of the world when people who run the BoE, like your lovely Mrs., prioritize band programs to the tune of $18,000 band-$0 for football. never. in what world does someone outside of CC even understand that inane logic of ignoring the vast amounts of research proving the benefits of strong high school athletics. it's sad, and a shame for the kids most of all, but for whatever reason CC BoE has hated athletic programs and student athletes for literally decades now. lineemup is right that it will only change once scumbads like JE are gone and replaced with 4/6 members at BoE who recognize the problem AND give a darn to fix it. i won't hold my breath if the last 25 years are any indication.

you ever stop and wonder why all the best current athletes and academic students in CC balk at the idea of going to public school there instead choosing expensive tuition and lots of commuting in lieu of the failing CC school system. gee, if only there was an executive council in CC dedicated to ensuring the success of young, school aged kids in the county.....

goodluck to CCCHS and their final choice. God bless and help you through that Atlas Stone level struggle.

I remember now 17 years ago when the coaching stipends were reduced.  A couple of years later the last period "athletic weight training" classes were taken away.  More coaching stipends were taken away and in September of 2018 all assistant coaching stipends county wide were taken away.  A highly successful football coach in the southeast region of the country who used to coach at Cheatham County and Sycamore once uttered the words "get out while the getting out is good" when he stepped down in 2003.  He called it.  

Just now, howdoitknow said:

If you are married to a board member my advice for you would be to not engage in an online taunting battle.  It doesn't help the image and is actually counter productive.  

You are correct sir. My original intent was to offer the benefits of wrestling for the football player. I was not trying to antagonize anyone. When someone attack’s my wife with lies I will defend her. Although I’m not sure who you are you have defended me in the past and you are a strong proponent of Cheatham county sports. I support all programs including band, choir, and the theater group as well as all sports, as does my wife. I am sure you have been on the busy end of fundraising just like we are. We just find ways to get it done. 

The banter is why I’m not on Facebook nor do I care to be. Thanks for the advice.

Just now, Hamblin said:

You are correct sir. My original intent was to offer the benefits of wrestling for the football player. I was not trying to antagonize anyone. When someone attack’s my wife with lies I will defend her. Although I’m not sure who you are you have defended me in the past and you are a strong proponent of Cheatham county sports. I support all programs including band, choir, and the theater group as well as all sports, as does my wife. I am sure you have been on the busy end of fundraising just like we are. We just find ways to get it done. 

The banter is why I’m not on Facebook nor do I care to be. Thanks for the advice.

I assure you it's not difficult to figure out who I am on CoachT and have been through the years (CBarkley, catfish-hunter, Big Country, DaCatfish).  I've been very critical of the school board in Cheatham County for many years.  It's come at a great cost for me as well and I'll be the first to admit it.  I'll also be the first to tell you, Dr. Beck, Dr. Batson, Stacy Brinkley, or any member at the Board that so many success stories have been as a result of athletics in Cheatham County.  

Someone compared it to Alcoa (of all places) earlier.  I've stood in front of people such as Diane Williams, Dianne Profit, Tim Webb, Stan Curtis, Michelle Collins, Tim Williamson, Greg Horton, Tammy Lavender, and anyone else in Cheatham County and given my honest opinion of what could be the backlash from these "cuts" that have continued for going on 20 years.  It's a county that gave me and a lot of other great people an awesome childhood and a terrific education filled with wonderful memories.  

I still reside in Ashland City and see the kids in the community weekly.  I've coached against them at two different schools in the region now.  I still remain close with several who coach in the county and pour their heart into their jobs.  They do it for the number one reason that we chose this profession to begin with and that's the kids.  Just like THUNDERLIPS pointed out earlier the numbers on the football teams are low across the board.  That's because athletics have been secondary for so long that another generation has passed and now those kids that suffered through it as teens are the parents of today's youth and they do not want their children to lay their bodies on the line for something that's not valued by those who should honestly value it the most at the end of the day.  

I have never met you but I think I know who you are. I associate with others who are likely friends of your as well. 

I have also seen a board or two and I will honestly say the current board is doing everything they can to correct the mistakes of the past and it’s been an uphill struggle for them. 

Regarding low numbers I could give you a completely different perspective on why boys are not playing sports today like they did in the past but I won’t open that door here. I eat breakfast at Cody’s most mornings, sit with me and I will tell you my thoughts on that.