Cheatham County Coaching Search

BoardHater71

On 1/7/2020 at 7:21 AM, InterestingDan said:

A lot of other schools have already made hires. Cheatham may already have their guy, or at least i hope so

They tried to hire a couple of coaches.  One didn't want it because of the insurance situation in the county.  The other had something from his past that showed up.  Maybe they should just let Daniels be the coach.  I think he did a good job after he got rid of West and brought his buddy from Dickson to call the offense.  

22 hours ago, flyintheointment2019 said:

They tried to hire a couple of coaches.  One didn't want it because of the insurance situation in the county.  The other had something from his past that showed up.  Maybe they should just let Daniels be the coach.  I think he did a good job after he got rid of West and brought his buddy from Dickson to call the offense.  

Broadway is a good coach but doesn't want to come back. They've already said Coach Daniel isn't coming back for obvious reasons. West was asked to come back but he isn't. 

Tough job for whoever takes it. 

30 minutes ago, THUNDERLIPS said:

Broadway is a good coach but doesn't want to come back. They've already said Coach Daniel isn't coming back for obvious reasons. West was asked to come back but he isn't. 

Tough job for whoever takes it. 

Are they not letting Coach Daniel come back to his original spot in the school system?  Not sure they were better when the coaching additions/subtractions happened.  They were shut out in a couple of games by bad teams the 2nd half of the season, but they did give up fewer points down the stretch.  East Hickman was bad and scoring only 20 against them is not better.  But, it was a tough situation for everyone involved. 

16 minutes ago, ocac said:

Are they not letting Coach Daniel come back to his original spot in the school system?  Not sure they were better when the coaching additions/subtractions happened.  They were shut out in a couple of games by bad teams the 2nd half of the season, but they did give up fewer points down the stretch.  East Hickman was bad and scoring only 20 against them is not better.  But, it was a tough situation for everyone involved. 

Haven't heard about whether or not he'll stay at the school. He's not a teacher so there's no telling what they'll do with him. 

7 hours ago, THUNDERLIPS said:

They've already said Coach Daniel isn't coming back for obvious reasons. West was asked to come back but he isn't. 

I've talked to other parents and if he is even considered to return as a coach that will be the last day they allow their boys to play.  He's unstable and a terrible example for kids that age.  I still can't believe they let him coach so long.  

28 minutes ago, flyintheointment2019 said:

I've talked to other parents and if he is even considered to return as a coach that will be the last day they allow their boys to play.  He's unstable and a terrible example for kids that age.  I still can't believe they let him coach so long.  

Are you talking about the parents he sat with every game in the stands or the players that ran over to hug him after every game? There's no need to make things up. The program has enough issues as it is

17 hours ago, flyintheointment2019 said:

West or Daniel?

On 1/26/2020 at 10:43 AM, flyintheointment2019 said:

I think he did a good job after he got rid of West and brought his buddy from Dickson to call the offense.  

West and I aren't the closest of friends however they were definitely better when he was calling plays and they were running the triple option.  It fit to the strengths of some of the players.  Anyone who knows football would say that.  

It's been nearly two months and I hate that the players still don't know who the coach is going to be.  The insurance costs combined with other factors are making it a difficult sell on outsiders.  I hope that they are able to find a coach soon.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

West and I aren't the closest of friends however they were definitely better when he was calling plays and they were running the triple option.  It fit to the strengths of some of the players.  Anyone who knows football would say that.  

It's been nearly two months and I hate that the players still don't know who the coach is going to be.  The insurance costs combined with other factors are making it a difficult sell on outsiders.  I hope that they are able to find a coach soon.  

That was my point I tried to state earlier:  They seemed able to compete more early in the season before the changes the last half of the season.  Getting shut out by 2 below average teams is not a good look.  I am not really familiar with the situation, just looking at the numbers on their schedule.  I hope the best for the kids.  Tough jobs in all of Cheatham County.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

was he the coach a couple of  or maybe 3 seasons back? I really felt he had the team headed in the right direction. I was working the sticks as a fill in when they came in and beat us in Camden . He was excitable and cussed like a sailor but he had a good game plan and the kids seemed to respect him  from the one game i spent on their sidelines. If he is the coach I am thinking of  and i think it is from the triple option they ran  then I agree with you. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1