Cheatham County Coaching Search

BoardHater71

9 minutes ago, TripleO said:

What i saw of Sycamore this year the defense wasnt the problem. If the offense didnt turn the ball over they would go 3 and out. Hasnt this team averaged 14 points per game the last 4 years?

Your defense sucks too, but its because your offense puts them in bad stops. 

They should fire their OC.

I'm sure their OC and DC are the same person, they have like 2 coaches.... They placed 2nd in the region and put up 40+ on the team that was supposed to win the region and played the team that won the region very close until late in the game when their defense couldn't stop Fairview's RB. From what I seen the Line wasn't too impressive either offensively.

Back to the original post though, Cheatham will have a football coach and they will have a heck of a challenge in front of them.

14 minutes ago, TripleO said:

Here is the thing coach Robison is a joke of a coach. He had a player on his team verbally assault an official and he kept the kid on the team. Hopefully Sycamore will be hunting for a coach soon as well. 

Didn't they just win the A.F. Bridges sportsmanship award that is voted on by officials? You continue to lose credibility and respect of anyone with half of a football mind. If you hate the school system and its coaches so much, maybe you should apply for the Cheatham job.. sounds like you have it all figured out and know all the ins of they Sycamore program as well. Maybe you could win the powder keg back since it has been a while.

• Upvote 1

Sycamore War Eagles Varsity Football Coaching History:

1999-2003:  Tommy Tharp (29-28):  4x State Playoffs; 3 Playoff Wins

2004-2010:  Gary Halstead (38-37):  2x State Playoffs; 3 Playoff Wins

2011-2014:  Tyler Williams (17-25):  2x State Playoffs

2015:  Al Pelligrino (6-5):  1x State Playoffs

2016-2019:  Justin Robison (20-23):  3x State Playoffs

Sycamore reached the Quarterfinals in 2001 and 2006.  They also reached the Second Round in 2003 and 2008.  In 1998 when Sycamore opened the Football Program played a Freshman/JV Schedule that season before they made the move to the Varsity level in 1999.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lineemup said:

I'm sure their OC and DC are the same person, they have like 2 coaches.... They placed 2nd in the region and put up 40+ on the team that was supposed to win the region and played the team that won the region very close until late in the game when their defense couldn't stop Fairview's RB. From what I seen the Line wasn't too impressive either offensively.

Back to the original post though, Cheatham will have a football coach and they will have a heck of a challenge in front of them.

That is not true.  The OC is Justin Robison and the DC is K.C. Littlejohn.  

All-Time Sycamore vs Cheatham Series History (11-8 War Eagles Lead)

Most Wins As Head Coach (Cody Finley = 5)

2001:  Sycamore (33-12)

2002:  Sycamore (22-0)

2003:  Cheatham (41-28)

2004:  Sycamore (36-22)

2005:  Cheatham (41-10)

2006:  Sycamore (30-28)

2007:  Sycamore (35-6)

2008:  Cheatham (15-14)

2009:  Sycamore (27-0)

2010:  Cheatham (14-0)

2011:  Sycamore (22-13)

2012:  Cheatham (42-14)

2013:  Cheatham (24-7)

2014:  Sycamore (28-21)

2015:  Sycamore (42-20)

2016:  Cheatham (28-6)

2017:  Cheatham (21-0)

2018:  Sycamore (21-7)

2019:  Sycamore (22-0)

A few years ago Alcoa had 8 heavyweights on their wrestling team. They also had the #13 heavyweight in the nation. Those other 7 heavyweights were not there to beat the number 13 kid. They were there to develope skills to help them become better linemen. 

What does Alcoa know that others don’t?

For the life of me I don’t understand why football coaches don’t push boys to wrestling. Boys big and small can develop invaluable skills while wrestling. Now I know I am inviting ignorant comments from the keyboard warriors but its okay, they are ignorant to the truth and they choose to remain that way. 

Bruno Regan told a group of boys at Goodpasture a few years back that it was not football that got him to Vanderbilt it was wrestling. I know this because I was there.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hamblin said:

A few years ago Alcoa had 8 heavyweights on their wrestling team. They also had the #13 heavyweight in the nation. Those other 7 heavyweights were not there to beat the number 13 kid. They were there to develope skills to help them become better linemen. 

For the life of me I don’t understand why football coaches don’t push boys to wrestling. Boys big and small can develop invaluable skills while wrestling. Now I know I am inviting ignorant comments from the keyboard warriors but its okay, they are ignorant to the truth and they choose to remain that way. 

Bruno Regan told a group of boys at Goodpasture a few years back that it was not football that got him to Vanderbilt it was wrestling. I know this because I was there.

Not a lot of wrestling teams in Tennessee  TBH  especially here in the west. I Graduated from a school in California that excelled in both football and wrestling for 20 plus years  the wrestling team never lost a distinct duel meet .  Most of the Wrestlers were also football players as well.  I never met a football coach that didnt let his kids wrestle.   strength flexibility balance hand combat and footwork are stressed in both  so ,that would be dumb.  when i moved here 29 years ago i was shocked at the small number of schools that had wrestling programs.. but it is what it is

On 12/7/2019 at 4:12 PM, THUNDERLIPS said:

People said that 5 years ago and Eric Hatley walked in and took Cheatham to 4 straight playoff runs. Including a home playoff game.

They should have hired Michael Jackson in 2013 when him, Hatley, and Jakobik interviewed for the job at central office.  When he was here our teams were strong and winning playoff games.  We beat Fairview when him and Cody was coaching here.  We get killed now every time we play them.  We led the state in rushing in 2012 too.  My son was one of the linemen on that team.  

1 hour ago, flyintheointment2019 said:

They should have hired Michael Jackson in 2013 when him, Hatley, and Jakobik interviewed for the job at central office.  When he was here our teams were strong and winning playoff games.  We beat Fairview when him and Cody was coaching here.  We get killed now every time we play them.  We led the state in rushing in 2012 too.  My son was one of the linemen on that team.  

You had a son on the 2012 team and the 2019 team? 

I'd say most Fairview fans would agree that the 2012 team couldn't beat any team they've had since. Especially on the defensive side. Then add a few studs running the ball. Hard to beat. A few years ago they almost beat Fairview but the special teams were terrible that game. Killed us. 

The 2012 Cheatham team was obviously good. Physically beat people up on the line. Until this year Cheatham hasn't had a line that big or strong. 

Also the region now plays much better competition in the playoffs. 

None of that should matter since Coach Daniel said he's the first coach to come through Cheatham County that taught proper technique and prepared kids for college the right way. 

What number was your kid? 

21 hours ago, Hamblin said:

b/c people like your wife who control county administration of the school system don't support county athletics or student athletes AT ALL so no one comes out for football or your dumb wrestling team either.

compare that to the system you mentioned, Aloca, who FULLY supports their athletic programs and student athletes, and thus you see why the HUGE discrepancy in athletic achievement comparatively between the two systems exists.

weird how that works, isn't it.

Edited by JustAnotherGuy
added content
  • Like 2