Cheatham County Coaching Search

BoardHater71

9 hours ago, Hamblin said:

I have never met you but I think I know who you are. I associate with others who are likely friends of your as well. 

I have also seen a board or two and I will honestly say the current board is doing everything they can to correct the mistakes of the past and it’s been an uphill struggle for them. 

Regarding low numbers I could give you a completely different perspective on why boys are not playing sports today like they did in the past but I won’t open that door here. I eat breakfast at Cody’s most mornings, sit with me and I will tell you my thoughts on that.

I cannot speak on the behalf of today's BOE at Cheatham County.  I'm not an employee of the school system and as I previously mentioned the people I spoke with about 7-8 years ago are no longer on the board.  I'll be more than happy to meet with you or anyone in Cheatham County and state my concerns from the past.  I was very vocal and wanted change so badly.  Things just continued to go in a non-productive direction and thankfully God blessed me enough to put me in a great situation to educate young men and women in the classroom and impact them in the field of athletics as well outside of the classroom.  

On 12/11/2019 at 2:18 PM, THUNDERLIPS said:

The 2012 Cheatham team was obviously good. Physically beat people up on the line. Until this year Cheatham hasn't had a line that big or strong. 

3 backs that ran for 1500 yards and as a team rushed for over 5000 yards.  The coaching then was a lot better than its been since and the boys believed they could beat anyone.  I'm sure Marcus or Joey still has the stats from that year.  Those guys played from the time they was freshman and got so much bigger and stronger than everyone.  If CPA wasn't in 3A football I think we could have gone all the way.  

17 minutes ago, flyintheointment2019 said:

3 backs that ran for 1500 yards and as a team rushed for over 5000 yards.  The coaching then was a lot better than its been since and the boys believed they could beat anyone.  I'm sure Marcus or Joey still has the stats from that year.  Those guys played from the time they was freshman and got so much bigger and stronger than everyone.  If CPA wasn't in 3A football I think we could have gone all the way.  

I no longer have that information.  I submitted all of it to the Tennessee High School Football Database.  It was such an awesome site for historians to go back and look at and I wish that they would bring it back.  

On 12/12/2019 at 6:56 PM, flyintheointment2019 said:

Cheatham Co was a fine team that year. But it was an extremely tough year in 3A that year. Remember CPA didn’t even make it to the championship that year. They were beaten by Milan at their place. And CAKe destroyed Milan in the title game. The only team to even challenge CAKe was Alcoa in the semis. In my opinion all 4 of those teams were better than Cheatham but like I said extremely tough year and you definitely had a fabulous team. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, InterestingDan said:

They should hire Carter

Coach Carter would be a very good hire.  The kids love and respect him and there is a past rapport there as well.  I also think some of the guys who have helped him as assistants in the past on his middle school staffs would be excited about helping him at the high school level.  He was one of the three names I mentioned to Coach Boyd when we spoke on the phone about the position back in July.  He would tell you the same thing.  

Until  Cheatham County pays  coaches and  fully funds athletics,  nothing will change.  Its been happening  for going on 20 years now. It is a slap in the face of former, current, and future athletes and coaches from the  county schools. No telling how  many young men and women this policy had negatively impacted over these years.  Bad leadership from the top down can ONLY be reversed by new leadership doing the right thing. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 10:45 AM, howdoitknow said:

Coach Carter would be a very good hire.  The kids love and respect him and there is a past rapport there as well.  I also think some of the guys who have helped him as assistants in the past on his middle school staffs would be excited about helping him at the high school level.  He was one of the three names I mentioned to Coach Boyd when we spoke on the phone about the position back in July.  He would tell you the same thing.  

Any word on interviews?

14 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Maybe they'll hire a former Cub who has coached at places like Smyrna, Rossview, and Northwest 

I've also heard that an assistant at Cleveland is in the mix for the job.  

A lot of other schools have already made hires. Cheatham may already have their guy, or at least i hope so

Edited by InterestingDan