2019 college choices

WarChant

On 12/21/2019 at 4:25 PM, lakecounty1968 said:

Best all around football player that I ever saw. Best running back that I have seen is Jewell Flowers especially at the 1 through 3A level.

Best high school back for me would be Golden Tate/Randall Cobb. Have to admit I have never heard of and never saw Jewel Flowers. 

Edited by 4thandGoal

15 hours ago, Mustang1969 said:

For me I would have to go with Kelcey Williams from Humboldt as the best rb with Flowers a close 2nd. Followed in no particular order. Mario Mcelrath from UC. Nick Hampton WV, Raphael Hill WV, Earnest Fields Milan, George Kidd Milan, Joe Longmire, Bruceton. All Around players. Willis by a long shot. Fields, Kidd, Chris Donald.

I would put Milan Rod Smith ahead of Fields and Kidd. Just my two cents though. All three were fine high school running backs but Smith was going to the nfl if not for a freak injury. 

On 12/20/2019 at 6:17 PM, Mustang1969 said:

Willis wanted to go to UT but UT was crazy over another West Tn kid, Daniel Brooks from JCM. The Oline coach at the time, Mike Barry was sold on Willis and was the only coach to watch him live, west tn was his recruiting territory. Barry had a fit over Tn not offering him. I’ve heard he and Chavis almost came to blows over it. Anyway, Brooks got an offer and was kicked off the team within a year and Patrick Willis went on to Ole Miss and NFL stardom. Mike Barry resigned at UT.

I even recall an interview after Willis was already a 49er. Fulmer said he didn't think Willis' ceiling was as high because he played 1A ball or something to that effect. 

On 12/23/2019 at 10:32 PM, Mustang1969 said:

For me I would have to go with Kelcey Williams from Humboldt as the best rb with Flowers a close 2nd. Followed in no particular order. Mario Mcelrath from UC. Nick Hampton WV, Raphael Hill WV, Earnest Fields Milan, George Kidd Milan, Joe Longmire, Bruceton. All Around players. Willis by a long shot. Fields, Kidd, Chris Donald.

Chris Donald had a better freshman year than most will have as a senior. That guy was a freak!

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, WarChant said:

I’ve never been a fan of anything in Florida... but looks like things have changed now and I will be a USF/Holden fan... congrats!!!! I know you will go represent well for the geeenback community @Gbnation @ladykee @cherokee23

Old Pirate says, “Congrats on the opportunity to continue to play the game, Best of Luck”

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, WarChant said:

I’ve never been a fan of anything in Florida... but looks like things have changed now and I will be a USF/Holden fan... congrats!!!! I know you will go represent well for the geeenback community @Gbnation @ladykee @cherokee23

Thanks! He’s been given a great opportunity to play for  a championship winning OC who has assembled an unbelievable staff. Brought some from Clemson. Holden had developed relationships with them at Clemson camp back in 2018 but never saw this coming. His position coach Joey King played QB at Carson Newman & was Trevor Lawrence’s HC at Cartersville, GA and had been coaching at Coastal Carolina the last season or two. The new OC is Charlie Weiss JR. (Bama staff & with Kiffin at FAU). RBs coach is former two-time Heisman finalist QB Pat White-WVU. DL coach “Mo” is from Sevier County mid 90s and played for UNC. He has coached for almost 20 years with stops at Temple & FAU (with Kiffin) most recently. The list keeps going on! They are scheduled to have a $65M indoor/outdoor training facility completed by 2021. They have over 25,000 students at the main Tampa campus alone so it’s big. It’s the perfect fit for Holden and the offense they plan to run! Go Bulls! 

• Like 3