2019 college choices

WarChant

2 hours ago, WarChant said:

I like to keep up with these young men and try to follow there college career to see how they do in the future. Just to name a few in the past that’s not from my area Dresser Winn and Parker McKinney!! If anyone knows of any please share !!!

Parker is at EKU and Winn is at UTM. One of best linebackers we have had in a long time Jaden Harris played his last down of football last week for Maryville College. Heard that big Puckett might be heading to Memphis. Looking forward to see where Ronto Tipton ends up. Snyder fo LC as well. We faced some good ball players this year. 

10 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Parker is at EKU and Winn is at UTM. One of best linebackers we have had in a long time Jaden Harris played his last down of football last week for Maryville College. Heard that big Puckett might be heading to Memphis. Looking forward to see where Ronto Tipton ends up. Snyder fo LC as well. We faced some good ball players this year. 

I heard Ronto has some small offers. Will 52 stick with VT? Where will the QB end up? Do you think 23 ends up at UT?

10 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

I heard that Memphis came in late and told Hunter Ensley he could play both baseball and football, but he went ahead and signed for baseball with UT and plans to walk on in football. This depends on MLB draft where he is being projected to be a 3rd-4th round selection I have heard.

Where does Hunter Ensley play high school ball?

20 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

I heard that Memphis came in late and told Hunter Ensley he could play both baseball and football, but he went ahead and signed for baseball with UT and plans to walk on in football. This depends on MLB draft where he is being projected to be a 3rd-4th round selection I have heard.

He better stick with baseball. Sec football  ain’t high school football 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TigerGoat said:

I’m also curious to hear from @Gbnation or Cherokee23 about Holden. I assume he’s going to wait to sign until February unless that UT offer comes within the next few days, then I would guess he would go ahead and sign in December. Pure speculation on my part. I’m like 95% sure I’m wrong. Lol

I hope Tennessee offers him! Good player it would be well deserved, heard nothing but good of the kid the past four years.

One I kept up with that I really enjoyed watching play. His team never made it to Cookeville but he was a heck of a player. 

Former University of North Alabama All-American quarterback Jacob Tucker, a native of Linden, Tenn.,  returned to the UNA football program as a graduate assistant coach in 2018 and will work with the team's running backs again in 2019.

In 2018 he helped lead the Lions to a successful 7-3 finish in the program's first season of Division I FCS competition.

A four-year letterman and five-year member of the UNA football program, Tucker led UNA to an 11-2 record in 2016 that included a Gulf South Conference Championship and a berth in the NCAA Division II National Championship Game.

He returned to UNA after playing one season at quarterback where he led the Potsdam Royals to a German Football League championship in 2017.

In 2016, Tucker was named the GSC Offensive Player of the Year as well as Super Region 2 Offensive Player of the Year by Don Hansen and the D2CCA. He finished third in the Harlon Hill Trophy voting for the Division II National Football Player of the Year and was tabbed All-American by D2Football.com and Don Hansen. The two-time GSC Player of the Week set the school record for most touchdowns responsible for in a season (37) and ranked second in the league in total offense (289.8).

As a senior, Tucker led UNA with 928 rushing yards and 16 touchdowns and completed 199 of 342 passes for 2,840 yards and 21 touchdowns. He finished his career as just UNA's fourth quarterback to rush for more than 1,000 yards in a career with 1,907 total rushing yards from 2013-16. He threw for 3,634 career yards and 28 touchdowns and accounted for 5,541 total yards. His 33 career rushing touchdowns ranks sixth best in school history and his 61 career touchdowns responsible for is tied for fifth.

While at UNA he was a member of four straight Gulf South Conference Championship teams and four straight NCAA Playoff teams.

Named a permanent team captain and the recipient of UNA's Phil Logan Senior Leadership Award, Tucker was the recipient of the 2017 Gulf South Conference Commissioner's Trophy as the top male student-athlete in the league and was named state Small College Athlete of the Year by the Alabama Sports Writers Association.

Tucker completed his Biology major with a 3.39 GPA and posted back-to-back Academic All-GSC honors. He was twice named the UNA Athletic Director Scholar Athlete, earned the UNA Male Student-Athlete of the Year and took home the UNA Lion King as the top all-around student-athlete at the university.

Tucker served as the President of the UNA SAAC and was Vice-Chair of the GSC SAAC. Tucker served as the athletic department representative at the UNA Culture Fest and UNA "The Big Deal Pep Rally." Locally, he participated in the reading programs at the Kilby School and Harlan Elementary School, the Florence Middle School Mentoring Program and the Lauderdale County Anti-Bullying Program.

A graduate of Perry County High School, Tucker played quarterback, linebacker, kicked and punted for the Vikings as they made three straight state playoff appearances. Selected Tennessee's Mr. Football in 2011 after being a finalist the year before, Tucker earned all-state honors as a linebacker in 2009, an athlete in 2010 and as a quarterback in 2011.

1 minute ago, TigerGoat said:

I’m also curious to hear from @Gbnation or Cherokee23 about Holden. I assume he’s going to wait to sign until February unless that UT offer comes within the next few days, then I would guess he would go ahead and sign in December. Pure speculation on my part. I’m like 95% sure I’m wrong. Lol

It will be in February before he signs. He has an official visit with UT in January but regardless it will be February before he signs anywhere. He has 6 offers and several others that’s been talking to him so we are waiting to see what all options he has and then go from there. 

2 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

It will be in February before he signs. He has an official visit with UT in January but regardless it will be February before he signs anywhere. He has 6 offers and several others that’s been talking to him so we are waiting to see what all options he has and then go from there. 

Best of luck. Hope he chooses a place where he fits in to their offense. He was a great player. Wishing a speedy recovery with the ankle