District 6A Rankings

Ucdad

Somewhat.  My Clay County Dogs have a ways to go they are young though so there's time.  Gordonsville looked the part.  Anyone know why RBS didnt play last night?  I heard Pickett Montery got cancelled, but heard Monterey Principal wouldnt let them go?  If anyone knows why RBS didnt go to the Clarkrange please post.  Im waiting on a few txts from people from Celina to see if they know.

1-Clay Co- Even with the upset, I still rank them first.

2-Monterey-saw them twice at Pickett Thanksgiving Classic. They struggled with Oneida but Pickett Co didn't the next day.

3-Gordonsville-Pickett Co- With their new Coach Bibb, they will be good. He was an excellent coach at Pickett Co.  Pickett Co is greatly improved over last year. Only loss is by a point to DeKalb Co.

5-RBS-If Marsh gets into foul trouble they will be in trouble.

6-Trousdale Co-Jackson Co- I think they will split this season and end up tied for 6th.

8-Clarkrange

A big win for Pickett Co over AAA Warren Co (7-2) tonight. PC fell behind 33-23 at the half but scored 18 straight to start the 3rd quarter. They were up 47-42 after three. Warren regained the lead at 59-58 but PC made 5 of 6 free throws for the win. They are 7-1 with a 1 point loss to DeKalb. They are vastly improved over last year and are still a young team. They were talented last year but started two freshman, a sophomore and two juniors and were just inexperienced.

Edited by bobcatfan300
Left a word out.

This year for district 6 is a virtual toss up between Clay, Monterey, Pickett, RBS, & Gordonsville. Monterey went to Clay County Tues night and ran into a buzz saw! Clay County is a force to be reckoned with again this year! The Strong kid is amazing! I'm looking forward to how this year shakes out!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/19/2019 at 10:33 AM, CatFan56 said:

This year for district 6 is a virtual toss up between Clay, Monterey, Pickett, RBS, & Gordonsville. Monterey went to Clay County Tues night and ran into a buzz saw! Clay County is a force to be reckoned with again this year! The Strong kid is amazing! I'm looking forward to how this year shakes out!!

1. Clay County--most talent overall, way deeper than anyone else in district.

2/3.  Monterey/RBS--Teams are very different but both rely on one player to get most of their offense.

4/5.  Gordonsville/Pickett Co--I could see either team filling in last spot to make the region.

6/7.  Jackson Co./Trousdale--Both have guys that can play.  Consistent play just not there for either yet.

8.  Clarkrange--least talented team but wouldn't surprise me if they beat someone in district tournament.

I don't believe the district to be a toss up.  I think Clay has the best team.  It would not shock me if they get beat again in district but only if they don't play to potential. 

MVP race will be interesting.  Probably a 2 horse race with Marsh(RBS) and West(MHS).  Strong kid from Clay will likely be next choice but other 2 are more valuable to their team IMO.  I do think Strong kid will be great player before he is done but would not make him MVP this year. Anyway, my 2 cents worth.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 8:38 AM, mrbasketball said:

MVP race will be interesting.  Probably a 2 horse race with Marsh(RBS) and West(MHS).  Strong kid from Clay will likely be next choice but other 2 are more valuable to their team IMO.  I do think Strong kid will be great player before he is done but would not make him MVP this year. Anyway, my 2 cents worth.

After watching several games last few weeks I definitely think West should be MVP of district.  Brings it every night and if you take him off that team they probably finish in bottom 3 of district.  He definitely makes all his teammates better.  Marsh should be 2nd and I would go with Strong and Ashlock has 3rd and 4th.  Still think if Strong can shoot 3 little better he may have most college potential.