District 6A Rankings

Ucdad

On 1/24/2020 at 10:33 PM, mrbasketball said:

After watching several games last few weeks I definitely think West should be MVP of district.  Brings it every night and if you take him off that team they probably finish in bottom 3 of district.  He definitely makes all his teammates better.  Marsh should be 2nd and I would go with Strong and Ashlock has 3rd and 4th.  Still think if Strong can shoot 3 little better he may have most college potential.

I disagree.  I think Marsh is the MVP.  He is more valuable to his team, take him away and RBS would struggle to win 4 or 5 games.  The kid gets double and triple teamed night in and out and still puts up big numbers.  I'm not taking anything away from the West kid because he's a player!  I just have Marsh in front of him.  

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 8:38 AM, mrbasketball said:

1. Clay County--most talent overall, way deeper than anyone else in district.

2/3.  Monterey/RBS--Teams are very different but both rely on one player to get most of their offense.

4/5.  Gordonsville/Pickett Co--I could see either team filling in last spot to make the region.

6/7.  Jackson Co./Trousdale--Both have guys that can play.  Consistent play just not there for either yet.

8.  Clarkrange--least talented team but wouldn't surprise me if they beat someone in district tournament.

I don't believe the district to be a toss up.  I think Clay has the best team.  It would not shock me if they get beat again in district but only if they don't play to potential. 

MVP race will be interesting.  Probably a 2 horse race with Marsh(RBS) and West(MHS).  Strong kid from Clay will likely be next choice but other 2 are more valuable to their team IMO.  I do think Strong kid will be great player before he is done but would not make him MVP this year. Anyway, my 2 cents worth.

Monterey is just as good as Clay. I do believe either team could win on a given night. So I think it is a toss up. Some really great young men on both teams. 

I also believe Peyton should be the MVP. He is the most talented and a difference maker. Marsh is an excellent player but Peyton wins games. His record as a starter is unmatched in the district over the last three years. IMO.

On 2/1/2020 at 1:08 AM, Ucdad said:

Monterey is just as good as Clay. I do believe either team could win on a given night. So I think it is a toss up. Some really great young men on both teams. 

I also believe Peyton should be the MVP. He is the most talented and a difference maker. Marsh is an excellent player but Peyton wins games. His record as a starter is unmatched in the district over the last three years. IMO.

Marsh is the best player not only in 6A but in the entire Upper Cumberland. I’m including all A, AA and AAA teams. I watched him play against Upperman and he was the best player on the floor. He demands double and triple teams every night. I’m not taking anything away from any of the other candidates. If Marsh has the supporting cast that West in Monterey has they’d win the state.  

18 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Pickett lost to Monterey by 1 and 2, led Clay at home until the 3rd quarter, beat Gordonsville by 15 and beat RBS on Friday. 7th????Hardly!

Doesn’t matter who you’ve almost beat, good teams find ways to win. District tournament will be one of the best in years.  Teams better bring their A game or they will get beat. 1-6 could beat each other. Bad game in District could send a good team home. The only teams that can have a let down in the District are the #1and #2 seed because they get double bye and automatically go to Region. Looking forward to Tournament. 

Marsh is a very good ball player at 6'7 or 6'8 he is hard to handle because he is by far the tallest player in the district or in the Upper Cumberland area. However you get him a few feet away from the rim and he is not near the same threat. West is what 5'10 -6 foot at best and he gets double and triple teamed every ball game and he can hurt you from the 3 or he can drive in and score in the paint with the post players. He is by far the best and most complete player in the district and should be the District MVP. They gave it to Marsh last year because of his size and I don't believe West should be cheated again this year.  

7 hours ago, ref83 said:

Doesn’t matter who you’ve almost beat, good teams find ways to win. District tournament will be one of the best in years.  Teams better bring their A game or they will get beat. 1-6 could beat each other. Bad game in District could send a good team home. The only teams that can have a let down in the District are the #1and #2 seed because they get double bye and automatically go to Region. Looking forward to Tournament. 

I believe Clay and Monterey locked up the top two seeds last night.  

9 hours ago, ref83 said:

You are PARTLY right. Close games show that teams are of similar strength and the next game can go the other way. AND, Pickett beat Gordonsville by 15 when they were tied for #1 with Clay and beat RBS. Last night they lost by 2 at Clay. They are as good as anyone now.

42 minutes ago, bobcatfan300 said:

You are PARTLY right. Close games show that teams are of similar strength and the next game can go the other way. AND, Pickett beat Gordonsville by 15 when they were tied for #1 with Clay and beat RBS. Last night they lost by 2 at Clay. They are as good as anyone now.

Actually I’m completely right it doesn’t matter who you almost beat it’s how you play the next game. Tournament time changes every team, coaching comes in to play more in the tournament in my opinion. Again any of the 1-6 can win if you don’t bring your A game. May be the best District Tournament we had in several years. The only teams that can have and off night will be Monterey and Clay County because both get double bye in tournament and automatically go to Region. 

On 2/5/2020 at 10:32 AM, basecoach said:

Marsh is a very good ball player at 6'7 or 6'8 he is hard to handle because he is by far the tallest player in the district or in the Upper Cumberland area. However you get him a few feet away from the rim and he is not near the same threat. West is what 5'10 -6 foot at best and he gets double and triple teamed every ball game and he can hurt you from the 3 or he can drive in and score in the paint with the post players. He is by far the best and most complete player in the district and should be the District MVP. They gave it to Marsh last year because of his size and I don't believe West should be cheated again this year.  

Why would you say something like this?  Marsh was the best player last year. West was a good player and is a good player this year.  He wouldn’t be a bad choice for MVP this year and if he was to win it I wouldn’t say they “cheated” Marsh. Last year Woodcock from Clay County was as good as West was so to say West was cheated is just being a homer.  I don’t recall West being double teamed on every single possession like Marsh is. And to say you get him away from the basket is just dumb. He’s a post player!  Shaq couldn’t shoot a free throw but it didn’t keep him from being the MVP of the NBA!  Both are very deserving so whomever wins it let’s let these young men enjoy it. I promise you, they’d both give up any individual award to win a team championship!  Both are really good young men, great families and team players.