District 6A Rankings

Ucdad

31 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Why would you say something like this?  Marsh was the best player last year. West was a good player and is a good player this year.  He wouldn’t be a bad choice for MVP this year and if he was to win it I wouldn’t say they “cheated” Marsh. Last year Woodcock from Clay County was as good as West was so to say West was cheated is just being a homer.  I don’t recall West being double teamed on every single possession like Marsh is. And to say you get him away from the basket is just dumb. He’s a post player!  Shaq couldn’t shoot a free throw but it didn’t keep him from being the MVP of the NBA!  Both are very deserving so whomever wins it let’s let these young men enjoy it. I promise you, they’d both give up any individual award to win a team championship!  Both are really good young men, great families and team players. 

I guess you have not been to any of Monterey's games. To say that you don't recall West being double teamed on every possession lets me know you have not watched him play much this year. I should not have worded my first post as saying he was cheated because it did sound like I was taking away from Marsh and I didn't mean it that way, sounds like I was being a "homer", whatever that means. Marsh is a very dominant player and competitor. I am sure both young men come from great families and I never or would I ever insinuate anything any different. I also believe Woodcock was a very good player but I don't think he was as good as West then or now. Clay County had several players last year and have several this year that all contribute to their success. I felt like Silk was as important to their success as Woodcock. You are right Shaq was a very dominant post player but he was no Michael Jordan. Both Marsh and West are great ball players and I don't want to take anything away from either one but in my personal opinion West is the better of the 2 and I feel he deserves MVP. I am guessing he is averaging 25 points a game or more and he has to work his but off for every single one of them.  You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine and I felt like West was MVP last year and I believe he is this year.       

22 hours ago, ref83 said:

Actually I’m completely right it doesn’t matter who you almost beat it’s how you play the next game. Tournament time changes every team, coaching comes in to play more in the tournament in my opinion. Again any of the 1-6 can win if you don’t bring your A game. May be the best District Tournament we had in several years. The only teams that can have and off night will be Monterey and Clay County because both get double bye in tournament and automatically go to Region. 

Nonsense. Scores indicate the strength of a team. So now you're saying that just because Clarkrange lost to Clay Co, now they could beat them in the tournament. But I guess you have to be right, no matter how illogical your statement is. PC isn't a team anyone wants to play right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, basecoach said:

I guess you have not been to any of Monterey's games. To say that you don't recall West being double teamed on every possession lets me know you have not watched him play much this year. I should not have worded my first post as saying he was cheated because it did sound like I was taking away from Marsh and I didn't mean it that way, sounds like I was being a "homer", whatever that means. Marsh is a very dominant player and competitor. I am sure both young men come from great families and I never or would I ever insinuate anything any different. I also believe Woodcock was a very good player but I don't think he was as good as West then or now. Clay County had several players last year and have several this year that all contribute to their success. I felt like Silk was as important to their success as Woodcock. You are right Shaq was a very dominant post player but he was no Michael Jordan. Both Marsh and West are great ball players and I don't want to take anything away from either one but in my personal opinion West is the better of the 2 and I feel he deserves MVP. I am guessing he is averaging 25 points a game or more and he has to work his but off for every single one of them.  You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine and I felt like West was MVP last year and I believe he is this year.       

Totally agree with you about Gavin Silk from Clay last year. The young man never got the credit he deserved. West is good no doubt about it. I’m looking forward to watching him and his team in the tournament. 

8 minutes ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Nonsense. Scores indicate the strength of a team. So now you're saying that just because Clarkrange lost to Clay Co, now they could beat them in the tournament. But I guess you have to be right, no matter how illogical your statement is. PC isn't a team anyone wants to play right now.

Agreed!  They are dangerous and well coached. PC will be a tough out for sure. They seem to play with that underdog mentality and I like that!  Coach Ammonett has done a great job with this team. Much improved from the beginning of the year. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Scores don’t indicate the strength of a team. What if Clay won by 2 but half the team was sick and only played 1/2 the game or Monterey only won by 1-2 both times and they had key players not playing ( not saying this happened just saying if teams are not full strength it doesn’t mean anything). I think any team could win in the tournament, but really believe that the top 6 could definitely beat the others. Right now my opinion Pickett Co and Trousdale Co are teams you don’t want to play. Clay and Monterey can have a slip up in District and still advance because of getting double bye and will go to Region. If any of the other teams have a bad game or players sick they could be home after their first game. Again this should be one of the best tournaments we’ve had in years. 

But my point is this games in regular season don’t mean anything but seeding. Winning or losing a close game in regular season don’t show your strength it only shows you almost won. And you are correct Pickett Co playing great basketball right now would no want them in a loser go home game. 

18 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

In my personal opinion it is not just Pickett County. How many other districts have 5 of the 8 teams that have been ranked in the top 20 all year and the other 3 teams that are not ranked could win on any given night. This is 1 of if not the hardest districts to be in. Just from reviewing the teams in the other districts and the games that they have played, there has been real lopsided scores. You review the scores from the district games played in District 6 and there are not many lopsided scores in district games. No team in this district can take a night off and still win.  

On 2/9/2020 at 11:24 PM, Ringmaster17 said:

Jackson County is dangerous. They can turn a game around in a New York minute. A lot of the games in this district have been way closer than the final score shows. Will be some great games coming up. Hope everyone stays healthy and injury free. 

In the last week Jackson County has beaten Pickett and Monterey. Maybe they are about to make some noise in the district tournament?  We shall see!

Everyone had this year as the year to beat Clay County for the district title since they had to replace 4/5 starters from last year. However Coach Edwards and Clay County just keep on winning!  Congratulations Coach Edwards. One of your finest years coaching and developing this young team!  Looking for big things from this group over the next 3 years!