District 6A Rankings

Ucdad

On 2/6/2020 at 4:44 PM, ref83 said:

Scores don’t indicate the strength of a team. What if Clay won by 2 but half the team was sick and only played 1/2 the game or Monterey only won by 1-2 both times and they had key players not playing ( not saying this happened just saying if teams are not full strength it doesn’t mean anything). I think any team could win in the tournament, but really believe that the top 6 could definitely beat the others. Right now my opinion Pickett Co and Trousdale Co are teams you don’t want to play. Clay and Monterey can have a slip up in District and still advance because of getting double bye and will go to Region. If any of the other teams have a bad game or players sick they could be home after their first game. Again this should be one of the best tournaments we’ve had in years. 

But my point is this games in regular season don’t mean anything but seeding. Winning or losing a close game in regular season don’t show your strength it only shows you almost won. And you are correct Pickett Co playing great basketball right now would no want them in a loser go home game. 

Half the Clay team was not sick. Obviously anyone would take that into consideration. Monterey was at full strength. So again...nonsense. Weak teams do not lose by two points to the #4 team in the state on Clay's home court. One close game doesn't mean a lot, but several close games to top teams does. Beating Gordonsville when they were tied for 1st by 15 points like Pickett did, does. Beating RBS by 2 doesn't mean Pickett Co is a far better team like you imply with your reasoning, but it does say they were of equal strength. You just argue for the sake of arguing even though your statements are pure nonsense. Any one of seven teams can win the tournament but I think Clay and Monterey have the best shot. Gordonsville has lost 4 of 5 and that one win was triple OT against the weakest Clarkrange team in memory. Jackson Co is questionable that they can keep the upsets going. If PC plays RBS they'll have to have another great game. But, I think it's going to be a great tournament with seven teams able to win it. 6A is by far the best district in the state.

District 6-A

at Livingston Academy

Monday: Girls: Monterey vs. Gordonsville, 6 p.m.; Jackson County vs. Trousdale County, 7:30 p.m.

Tuesday: Boys: Clarkrange vs. Pickett County, 6 p.m.; Trousdale County vs. Jackson County, 7:30 p.m.

Wednesday: Girls: Jackson Co.-Trousdale Co. winner vs. Clay County, 6 p.m.; Monterey-Gordonsville winner vs. Red Boiling Springs, 7:30 p.m.

Thursday: Boys: Trousdale Co.-Jackson Co. winner vs. Gordonsville, 6 p.m.; Clarkrange-Pickett Co. winner vs. Red Boiling Springs, 7:30 p.m.

Friday: Girls: (Monterey-Gordonsville winner)-Red Boiling Springs winner vs. Clarkrange, 6 p.m.; (Jackson Co.-Trousdale Co. winner)-Clay Co. winner vs. Pickett Co., 7:30 p.m.

Feb. 22: Boys: (Clark; range-Pickett Co. winner)-Red Boiling Springs winner vs. Clay County, 6 p.m.; (Trousdale Co.-Jackson Co. winner)-Gordonsville winner vs. Monterey, 7:30 p.m.

Feb. 24: Girls: Consolation, 6 p.m.; Championship, 7:30 p.m.

Feb. 25: Boys: Consolation, 6 p.m.; Championship, 7:30 p.m.

12 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Half the Clay team was not sick. Obviously anyone would take that into consideration. Monterey was at full strength. So again...nonsense. Weak teams do not lose by two points to the #4 team in the state on Clay's home court. One close game doesn't mean a lot, but several close games to top teams does. Beating Gordonsville when they were tied for 1st by 15 points like Pickett did, does. Beating RBS by 2 doesn't mean Pickett Co is a far better team like you imply with your reasoning, but it does say they were of equal strength. You just argue for the sake of arguing even though your statements are pure nonsense. Any one of seven teams can win the tournament but I think Clay and Monterey have the best shot. Gordonsville has lost 4 of 5 and that one win was triple OT against the weakest Clarkrange team in memory. Jackson Co is questionable that they can keep the upsets going. If PC plays RBS they'll have to have another great game. But, I think it's going to be a great tournament with seven teams able to win it. 6A is by far the best district in the state.

I didn’t say 1/2 of Clay was sick. Regular season only good for seeding. When this tournament starts it should be a great one. 

one of the biggest things that changes when tournament play starts is coaching means a lot more. The good coaches usually rise to the top, make the adjustments needed to win games.  District 6A has several great coaches and several ok coaches.  Coach Edwards at Clay Coach Bibb GVille Coach Thomas JC Coach Pile at Crange  my opinion best 4 coaches in league, all the others are average, definitely bottom 4 of this league. 
Tournament teams hopefully will be full strength, I heard Coach Edwards on the Cookeville radio show Saturday and said he was fully healthy for the first time in about 4 weeks, heard Monterey, Jackson andClarkrange would be player down to start tournament anyone have information. Clarkrange player suspended fight vs Stone Jackson Co play suspended Vandalism Monterey Player suspended for going after refs after game. 

20 hours ago, ref83 said:

I didn’t say 1/2 of Clay was sick. Regular season only good for seeding. When this tournament starts it should be a great one. 

one of the biggest things that changes when tournament play starts is coaching means a lot more. The good coaches usually rise to the top, make the adjustments needed to win games.  District 6A has several great coaches and several ok coaches.  Coach Edwards at Clay Coach Bibb GVille Coach Thomas JC Coach Pile at Crange  my opinion best 4 coaches in league, all the others are average, definitely bottom 4 of this league. 
Tournament teams hopefully will be full strength, I heard Coach Edwards on the Cookeville radio show Saturday and said he was fully healthy for the first time in about 4 weeks, heard Monterey, Jackson andClarkrange would be player down to start tournament anyone have information. Clarkrange player suspended fight vs Stone Jackson Co play suspended Vandalism Monterey Player suspended for going after refs after game. 

Should be more than one for Jackson County. Kids involved should be suspended let alone still allowed on ball team.

On 2/16/2020 at 11:06 AM, ref83 said:

I believe Coach West has more wins in the last three seasons than any coach listed?

2 hours ago, Ucdad said:

I believe Coach West has more wins in the last three seasons than any coach listed?

Monterey record last three years 73-36 if you count this year 96-41 Strength of schedule average over this time 18.25 schedule rank 28.5

Clay Co record last three years 85-21 if you count this year 109-24 strength of schedule average over this time 6.25 schedule rank 8

I did not add Jackson or Gordonsville  Coach Bibb first year Coach Thomas second year  so to use the past 3-4 years with them not there makes no sense  

I would rank Coach West 5th

3 hours ago, Ucdad said:

Records last 10 years 

Clay Co 245-74

Monterey 168-136

Pickett Co 168-131

Clarkrange 156-165

Jackson Co 140-152

Gordonsville 126-168

Red Boiling Springs 121-181

Trousdale Co 82-191

44 minutes ago, ref83 said:

Monterey record last three years 73-36 if you count this year 96-41 Strength of schedule average over this time 18.25 schedule rank 28.5

Clay Co record last three years 85-21 if you count this year 109-24 strength of schedule average over this time 6.25 schedule rank 8

I did not add Jackson or Gordonsville  Coach Bibb first year Coach Thomas second year  so to use the past 3-4 years with them not there makes no sense  

I would rank Coach West 5th

I was counting this season  and the previous 2 seasons. My point is no one has done any better than Monterey in the last two seasons. No doubt Clay has been a powerhouse for a long time and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.