District 10A

thenomad

On 1/17/2020 at 10:09 PM, thenomad said:

Mt. Pleasant and Richland both win big. More surprised by the Mt. Pleasant score. 

This is totally for discussion and I'm not trying to start anything... but I've been reading this thread since the beginning and I've got to ask... What do you see in this Culleoka team?  I will say first that I've not seen them play. I have seen Mt. Pleasant, Richland, and Santa Fe either in person or on hudl, but not Cully. So by just looking at their schedule/results on here I don't see what could be surprising in their outcome with Mt. Pleasant. 

I know Culleoka returned most of their talent. They had several good young players. The big kid inside could be a big time player and he is surrounded by players who can make shots. I thought they would compete for first place. I haven't seen them either. Just going off of records, scores, and previous knowledge. 

4 hours ago, thenomad said:

I know Culleoka returned most of their talent. They had several good young players. The big kid inside could be a big time player and he is surrounded by players who can make shots. I thought they would compete for first place. I haven't seen them either. Just going off of records, scores, and previous knowledge. 

Gotcha. 

I was very wrong on Culleoka this year. I really thought they had turned the corner and could compete for the district title. With numerous returners and solid athletes at several positions, I thought they could pull within fighting distance of the top spot. I believe each of the top 3 beat them fairly soundly. Just in shock. 

7 hours ago, Lynnvegas said:

really competitive game. MP hits a running 3 from the corner to win. Oh yeah it was also banked in. 

Looking forward to next game between these 2 teams. Really even teams. 

I expected a close game. Surprised MtP pulled it out at last second. Look forward to the next 2 meetings of these teams (seasons and tourney).

I just hope one of the top 3 teams can actually make some noise in the Region Tournament this year. It's been since the 12/13 season that one of these schools has made it past the semifinals. The Region Tournament should be hosted by District 10 which should help. 

District 10A records in Region Tournaments since 2012/2013:

Mt. Pleasant 4-6

Richland 3-6

Santa Fe 0-2 

Culleoka 0-1

Hampshire 0-1

*All but one loss was to the opposing District. 

+ Hope I added these up correctly... if not it's a mistaken and not an attempt to spread fake news.