District 10A

thenomad

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jennings and Richland played their typical game against Santa Fe. First half was sub par for both teams. Santa Fe went ice cold second half. Hampshire and Culleoka. Culleoka played their best game of the year. 

Hampshire played sub par. Watched the Hampshire - Richland championship game. Game officials can determine the outcome of a game. They started with the game opening jump ball. Worst officiating I have seen in several years. Many missed calls. Hampshire could have won game, game officials changed that. Hampshire outplayed Richland. Jennings tried to play the game without her team mates. Not an indication of a team player. Good ball player, not a team player.

Region games will tell. Region not one of the strongest. Jo Burns very good. 

None of the teams can compare with  Loretta or Summertown who are very solid team players. They will return to the State Tournament this year.

Loretta , I think, should make it to the  State tournament championship game. 

Their opponent will be a team with perfect record. But who knows, a bad game can send any team packing, regardless of how good they are.

Just my take on things.

1 hour ago, Lefty4 said:

Watched the Hampshire - Richland championship game. Game officials can determine the outcome of a game. They started with the game opening jump ball. Worst officiating I have seen in several years. Many missed calls. Hampshire could have won game, game officials changed that. Hampshire outplayed Richland. Jennings tried to play the game without her team mates. Not an indication of a team player. Good ball player, not a team player

I totally agree with everything. Quoted part I agree with the most. Hampshire had 2 girls foul out (deservedly so because they did foul). However Richland had no one foul out playing more aggressively especially Jennings. I will not deny her hustle and ability but she was reaching, grabbing, and holding all night not to mention barrelling into crowds of players for loose balls. She single handedly gave Richland the half time lead. Richland won because other players contributed late and Hampshire lost both bigs down the stretch. I would love to see these two play one more time. Unfortunately don't see it happening.