TSSAA

TigerNation

2 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

A monopoly is a firm who is the sole seller of its product, and where there are no close substitutes. An unregulated monopoly has market power and can influence prices.

Sound familiar?

The real robbery happens in rounds 1-4. The TSSAA takes half the gate money from every single playoff game. That’s 50 percent of 180 football games across 6 classes in division 1. What is that money being spent on? 50% has to be the highest in the nation. 

• Upvote 1

I agree with everything. I also think it’s crazy that the TSSAA doesn’t pay for the hotel rooms that the teams stay in that make the state championship, or state tournament in sports in baseball and basketball. Even the NCAA, who is another corrupt organization, pays for overnight stays in postseason tournaments/playoffs.

I’ve given up on counting on the TSSAA to the right thing, the decent thing, or even the comprehensible thing.

Edited by TigerGoat

That’s crazy the cut they get.  Especially for small schools like Meigs and Peabody.  It looks like Meigs is even bigger than Peabody.  Both teams traveled well though and should enjoy a bigger piece of the pie than the TSSAA!  I know the expense of the large buses and hotel rooms for both teams are huge bills.   

Yall keep griping about Chilly and the cut his Association gets then they'll jack up the prices.  They've already issued a statement in an article last year stating how playoff attendance is down. And they would be looking at other options.  Everything will be on the table and is on the table this coming year during enrollment number gathering.  Chilly and his boys have got to eat too.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tennessean.com/amp/2547479002

51 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Yall keep griping about Chilly and the cut his Association gets then they'll jack up the prices.  They've already issued a statement in an article last year stating how playoff attendance is down. And they would be looking at other options.  Everything will be on the table and is on the table this coming year during enrollment number gathering.  Chilly and his boys have got to eat too.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tennessean.com/amp/2547479002

The TSSAA is selling bologna at prime rib prices. They haven’t accomplished anything that couldn’t have been accomplished by a committee of volunteer coaches and administrators. Their racket is extortion, nothing more, nothing less. 

6 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate knowds others had to recognize the TSSAA does a terrible job! Who in the cat hair does the checks & balances on TSSAA?

It should be the member schools. I think technically the board of control is tasked with policing the TSSAA but you can’t rely on the TSSAA to police itself.