Can anybody beat Jackson South Side

WhereYouAt

2 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

I havent seen anyone mention undefeated season, guess I missed that post. But Chester was hot against them but couldnt handle pressure or match the size and strength. Bolivar shot fairly well against them as well but again couldnt match the size and physicality. SS has a monster down low and has at least 3 good size guards that dont mind going right at you and they play some pretty solid defense as well. Others may have said undefeated season, but I.m not saying that but i will say again, I dont see anyone in Rural West Tn beating them

The title of the post nearly insinuates boldly an undefeated season is set up,

"Can anybody beat Jackson South Side"

6 hours ago, InterestingDan said:

The title of the post nearly insinuates boldly an undefeated season is set up,

"Can anybody beat Jackson South Side"

Not really... you just assumed that because the answer isn't immediately clear. You could replace JSS with any school in Tennessee if you'd like... only difference is, the answer for the vast majority of them would be a quick "yes". In this case, it's a legit question that I happen to think the answer to is yes.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 12:34 PM, SayWhat said:

Oh okay, I gotcha..I was gonna say because those teams named as being good, they all under .500. I think Jackson gotta nice team but that level of comp gonna catch up at the end of the year. They not gonna know how to react to a team that can beat them.

We can’t help who TSSAA puts in our district! We play in tough Thanksgiving & Christmas tournaments. Who is your team or who do you follow?

On 12/19/2019 at 10:04 AM, InterestingDan said:

I hear south Gibson has a top level defense. anything can happen on any given night. JAckson south side has amazing talent especially the front court but if they face a team that gets hot shooting one night and underestimate their opponent the undefeated season everyon thinks they have ahead could be ruined

Didn’t Madison beat South Gibson? 

On 12/12/2019 at 10:21 PM, rebelman101 said:

I know McKenzie played them well in a scrimmage just before the season started. We gave  a great game and lost by 8 to 10 points. SS is a very athletic team and very well coached. Don't see anybody in West TN beating them.

Y’all are going back to State! Y’all played us the best! I have y’all & Madison meeting in the single A championship(if they don’t pair y’all together) McKenzie is the real deal! 

On 12/18/2019 at 11:55 AM, wward1010 said:

The Bolivar game was the worst SS had played all year.  Look at how the shot and still came out with a win.  South Gibson cannot hang with them this year.  They will play them close, but I don't see SG beating SS this year.  

South Side is at lease 15 points better! 

4 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Duke coached a good game! Rivalry game! Y’all not as bad as y’all record indicates. 

I'm from Bolivar, not Haywood. Yeah, I spoke to an old head SS fan  and he said Haywood came to play and SS expected them to lay down. SS boys better wake up...remember 2012 when Bolivar was favored to come out of west Tennessee and SS shocked us in Regional...could be the other way around if SS don't boys dont deflate their heads. 

11 hours ago, tonym3143 said:

I'm from Bolivar, not Haywood. Yeah, I spoke to an old head SS fan  and he said Haywood came to play and SS expected them to lay down. SS boys better wake up...remember 2012 when Bolivar was favored to come out of west Tennessee and SS shocked us in Regional...could be the other way around if SS don't boys dont deflate their heads. 

Oh ok I know that smh. Deflate? These young kids is humble as they come. Bolivar plays better when Jeff is playing team ball. You seen the difference between the 1st game(Jeff had about 35-40) to only lose by 30. 2nd game he passed the ball, only had about 6-8 points and only lost by 5 points. He played team ball. I look forward to seeing y’all again after y’all battle y’all LS tough district & region! 

• Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 11:42 AM, HawkGuy06 said:

Oh ok I know that smh. Deflate? These young kids is humble as they come. Bolivar plays better when Jeff is playing team ball. You seen the difference between the 1st game(Jeff had about 35-40) to only lose by 30. 2nd game he passed the ball, only had about 6-8 points and only lost by 5 points. He played team ball. I look forward to seeing y’all again after y’all battle y’all LS tough district & region! 

SS seems to kinda have their heads swole a little...that's what I meant by deflate. At the same time they know they're one if the best around, they have  to realize that every body gonna play em hard. Everybody wants to beat SS.

On 12/23/2019 at 8:03 PM, HawkGuy06 said:

We can’t help who TSSAA puts in our district! We play in tough Thanksgiving & Christmas tournaments. Who is your team or who do you follow?

I watch 100 games a yr my guy..I dont have a team..love bball, high school bball...Im just telling you what Ive seen. What happened last yr when you played a team that was pretty good last yr at the end?  Your coach can schedule better comp..that part he can help...GL on the season