In Need of A New Transfer Rule?

Wrestlinggeek

1 hour ago, durdon said:

Fair enough.. but none of that will matter soon.  Mark my words that within the next 5 years there will be an independent wrestling school in the state that will draw all the top kids if the rules aren’t changed soon. There will be a Hamilton Heights for wrestling or even maybe they will expand into wrestling. 

So what, let them do it, if that’s what they want to do, but just like with Hamilton Heights(and yes I know a lot about them) let’s not worry about the academic side of things and let’s focus on the sport. I mean it will really work out for the Kids that wrestle just like basketball it has a huge amount of opportunities to make millions going pro, lol. These sports factories are a joke, and it’s a bunch of parents living life through the kids that are going to make their kids pay. Mine would be fine not even playing a sport, I never cared if he got so involved with a sport to make that his life’s work(if he did fine, if not he can make a ton of money as an engineer) This coming from a guy that loves wrestling and spent years not even getting paid helping coach wrestling. Sports taught me a lot about myself, gave me a work ethic I still use today, but my academic focus and life after wrestling has made me who I am today, that I probably still had done without my love for wrestling. 

If they go to this stuff I wouldn’t care if they cut all sports in college to club level and moved on. It’s going to be about that way anyways when they have to start paying college athletes to play football and basketball, wrestling at the college level doesn’t really make any money so it might start dying a faster death compared to what it has since the days when UT and other SEC schools had real teams. Also AAU basketball is the dirtiest, slimiest POS there is, they could care less about the kids and only care about the money and influence they gain by those kids. I don’t know so much about some of the other sports going to that, but if they use the AAU basketball model it will prob be about the same. 

• Like 1