SouthTowner: This That and the Other

Southtowner

5 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Already off the books!  Approved today.

I'll have to find an article stating what all it entails.  

I'd have to give it some thought and to see if there's potential for any student athlete to be taken advantage of in any way.   I realize parents are the ones that should be looking out for their kids but we all know that doesn't necessarily mean they will.    The Association is the governing body and that's one of their main priorities.   I hope this rule hasn't been laid to the side just so the TSSAA doesn't have to take responsibility. 

22 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I'll have to find an article stating what all it entails.  

I'd have to give it some thought and to see if there's potential for any student athlete to be taken advantage of in any way.   I realize parents are the ones that should be looking out for their kids but we all know that doesn't necessarily mean they will.    The Association is the governing body and that's one of their main priorities.   I hope this rule hasn't been laid to the side just so the TSSAA doesn't have to take responsibility. 

About what I thought.  

The first proposal is a change to Article II, Section 23 (All-Star Games) of the TSSAA Bylaws. This proposal would remove this rule from the Bylaws. The rationale behind the proposal, which was submitted by the TSSAA staff, is that we are experiencing a significant increase in All-Star contests after the season in all sports. Many of the games are for underclassmen, and our student-athletes are not allowed to participate. Parents are wanting their children to participate, if invited, and Athletic Directors/Coaches are being put in the position of saying “no” and trying to explain why to the athlete and parents. The rule is designed to make sure student-athletes are not being exploited, but a lot of this responsibility should be on the parents. Many times coaches do not even know about the All-Star Game invitation and find out right before the player is scheduled to go, making the situation worse.

1 minute ago, GeneralForrest said:

@CaptainLongbeard should be banned for his comment 

We have all been gulity of taking the banter to far " me especially" but I am workimg on that God is still working on all us .... I am a jerk in true nature if I am being honest, but I would lime to think I can say a kind word to people I have had differences with its kinda what I think makes us human !!!!