SouthTowner: This That and the Other

Southtowner

7 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I hadn't heard the fish tank cleaner story.  There's a lot of folks that don't need much of anything or anyone to lead them.  Just a little coaxing or a simple push and they're off.  Blindly.  

Yep! Ole Joe proved again that people will follow no matter how crazy he is.

Glad to hear the Prez call houses of worship "essential" and that they are to be opened back up, now! At least he's still sure what country this is.

1 hour ago, uknoit2 said:

Yep! Ole Joe proved again that people will follow no matter how crazy he is.

Glad to hear the Prez call houses of worship "essential" and that they are to be opened back up, now! At least he's still sure what country this is.

Trump couldn't care less if folks attended church or not.  He doesn't even attend himself.   He's just throwing raw red meat to part of his base that'll gobble it up. 

We are a few months away from Election Day in November.   Sit back and watch how ugly this gets.  Watch Trump attack, divide, and spew untruths with every syllable that comes out of his mouth.  And there will be a lot of folks that will absolutely enjoy the process. 

I for one believe the Governors of each state will do what they deem is necessary to keep folks safe with the help of each State Health Department.   I would trust them before I would this President.  

Do I think worshipping God is essential?  Absolutely.   Everyday.  Every minute of the day.  But we don't need brick and mortar to worship God.  You know as well as I do that God is worshipped in Spirit and Truth.   Don't get me wrong,  congregating with Christians is a blessed thing and something that I enjoy dearly.  And it's necessary, especially for new believers.  

I for one have grown spiritually during this pandemic.  Even if this pandemic isn't real in some folks mind or not as bad as some thought, I have grown.  I have reached out to the older folks in our neighborhood and community and seen that they have the essentials in their households because some have not been able to get out as much as they would like.  I have connected with a lot of folks that I wouldn't have known other than a friendly wave as we passed each other otherwise.   

I don't think God is as concerned about such and such building not being open for whatever reasons as much as He is about how we are treating each other and lifting His name in everything we do.

Everyone of us should find ways to grow spiritually no matter the circumstances.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Trump couldn't care less if folks attended church or not.  He doesn't even attend himself.   He's just throwing raw red meat to part of his base that'll gobble it up. 

We are a few months away from Election Day in November.   Sit back and watch how ugly this gets.  Watch Trump attack, divide, and spew untruths with every syllable that comes out of his mouth.  And there will be a lot of folks that will absolutely enjoy the process. 

I for one believe the Governors of each state will do what they deem is necessary to keep folks safe with the help of each State Health Department.   I would trust them before I would this President.  

Do I think worshipping God is essential?  Absolutely.   Everyday.  Every minute of the day.  But we don't need brick and mortar to worship God.  You know as well as I do that God is worshipped in Spirit and Truth.   Don't get me wrong,  congregating with Christians is a blessed thing and something that I enjoy dearly.  And it's necessary, especially for new believers.  

I for one have grown spiritually during this pandemic.  Even if this pandemic isn't real in some folks mind or not as bad as some thought, I have grown.  I have reached out to the older folks in our neighborhood and community and seen that they have the essentials in their households because some have not been able to get out as much as they would like.  I have connected with a lot of folks that I wouldn't have known other than a friendly wave as we passed each other otherwise.   

I don't think God is as concerned about such and such building not being open for whatever reasons as much as He is about how we are treating each other and lifting His name in everything we do.

Everyone of us should find ways to grow spiritually no matter the circumstances.  

It's not just necessary, My Bible says in Hebrews, "Forsake not the assembly of yourselves together....That happens to be a command to the Church and NO government, governor or person has any authority to change God's word for any reason....And it's kinda hard to lift the Lord up to people when one is quarantined. 

I have no doubt this virus is very real....So were the giants that 10 of the 12 spies were terrified of and refused to follow God's instruction in Numbers 13. The Lord wasn't too happy about that either and doubt He's too pleased with the actions of "Christians" today. 

As far as Trump goes, I can't help what he chooses to do on Sundays, but you made my point. The other side would eat their own liver before they'd ever mention God, Jesus, Church or anything else. The DOJ has been all over the godless governors for their assault on church attendees and I for one am THANKFUL!

Edited by uknoit2

6 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

It's not just necessary, My Bible says in Hebrews, "Forsake not the assembly of yourselves together....That happens to be a command to the Church and NO government, governor or person has any authority to change God's word for any reason....And it's kinda hard to lift the Lord up to people when one is quarantined. 

I have no doubt this virus is very real....So were the giants that 10 of the 12 spies were terrified of and refused to follow God's instruction in Numbers 13. The Lord wasn't too happy about that either and doubt He's too pleased with the actions of "Christians" today. 

As far as Trump goes, I can't help what he chooses to do on Sundays, but you made my point. The other side would eat their own liver before they'd ever mention God, Jesus, Church or anything else. The DOJ has been all over the godless governors for their assault on church attendees and I for one am THANKFUL!

Very well said!

21 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Good post !

Edited by rtl112

3 hours ago, rtl112 said:

Good post !

People think the man is crazy,Crazy like a fox, he knew this would get his followers to jump up and holler and guess what. Wonder which denomination he's considering essential.Are All these religions the right one. They don't tend to think so.