SouthTowner: This That and the Other

Southtowner

3 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

I just read that Minneapolis wants to disband the police and THEN figure out what to do. Isn't that putting the cart way before the horse?  That's like saying 'I want to do something different in life. I'm going to quit my job and then decide." Meanwhile bills pile up, utilities get cut off, you go hungry, etc. If you disband first then crime gets truly out of control.

Look, if you can come up with something better than the police then by all means let's do it. If you want to come up with something better than the military, go for it.  A better way for personnel travel than by cars, lay it out for the world to see. If there is a better way at anything then let's hear it. But you don't scrap something and then try to fix it, you find ways to fix it and then lay it out.

Also, how are they going to try to fix it? A bunch of social justice warriors defending what they feel is right but not everything else? That won't do it. An unarmed citywide "neighborhood watch" won't do it.  Even an armed citywide neighborhood watch won't do it.

Do we need police reform? Possibly, but the bad policemen are greatly outnumbered by the good ones. But as with everything else in life, the bad outshines the good. And trust me, this was bad and should never have happened.  Do we need to examine things and find a way where this doesn't happen again? Absolutely. But to throw the baby out with the bath water is not the way to do it.

Some of you know where I work, but for those that don't, let's just say I work making a product that has been around for hundreds of years. We obviously don't make it the same way now that it was made then. We also don't make it the same way now that we did when I first started working there.  We test new ways and new ideas, sometimes for years, until we perfect a way to do things differently.  People like better, people like easier, but you can't just throw something out "hoping" that it will work.  And when you are dealing with people's lives and their safety, then that "ideas and testing" phase has to be spot on or else you end up with things a while lot worse than what you have now.

Agreed 100%....But this is the party that demanded we pass Obamacare then read the bill to see what's in it! This is the main offense in their playbook

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Agreed 100%....But this is the party that demanded we pass Obamacare then read the bill to see what's in it! This is the main offense in their playbook

Good point. "Pass it so that we can see what it says."

I never had a teacher to tell me to do a book report and THEN read the book. My boss never said do your job and then get the parts you need 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Good point. "Pass it so that we can see what it says."

I never had a teacher to tell me to do a book report and THEN read the book. My boss never said do your job and then get the parts you need 

Cause that's totally backwards and against common sense! It's their way of operating tho 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Folks like Trump are the swamp.  Corrupt to the core. And then some. 

I'm not like him...But the swamp was there long before he arrived and he's sure not as deep in the sewer as the majority up there and those that have been there 

9 hours ago, ecu said:

Bush and Romney are RINO's. That group is the reason Trump is President. 

Fact

4 hours ago, Greatdefender said:

I will take that brash, get it done attitude over the multi millionaires behind the scenes crookedness anyday.  

1 hour ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

There are a bunch of RINOs unfortunately.

And they've showed their true colors multiple times! They can pretend, but always brought to light. 

14 hours ago, ecu said:

Bush and Romney are RINO's. That group is the reason Trump is President. 

Corrupt to the core. Start a stupid war and now we have really sick people running around from junk they picked up . Lots of lives lost for a war that should have never been fought,not to mention a war on terror that never stops. That was a dandy.