SouthTowner: This That and the Other

Southtowner

On 6/14/2020 at 5:39 PM, The Drunken Sailor said:

Too many theories on this one to put into a post. There is a lot of info that can convincingly point to a few different people, groups and Nations to cover Rev. 13. 

On a side note, I used to like laying Daniel and Revelation out together and look at them. I need to find time to do that again.

On 6/14/2020 at 5:43 PM, pujo said:

Have to be something REALLY powerful.  Not that many with that type power I can think of.

Here's my two cents.....

Daniel: He was told to close the book on his vision(s) until he saw it come to be...Many of the evil and powerful forces mentioned in Daniel's vision(s) have come and gone and the Jews suffered greatly by them (Egyptian, Babylon, Persian, & Grecian kings).

Revelation: Written to 7 Churches in Asia "concerning things to shortly come to pass"...That was 2,000 years ago and although the latter part of Revelation is speaking about the second coming of Jesus, much of Revelation has to do with the suffering of the Church, of that day, by the evil world power (Rome). Many have tried to make Revelation about Iran, Iraq, Russia and even the USA, but that's not what the book says as I read it...Revelation has MUCH symbolism and is not understood perfectly but I watched a history series on Rome and it was almost like reading Revelation and seeing how things unfolded against Rome at that time. The history of Rome and Revelation lined up perfectly.

Do I believe the God of the Old Testament is the same God of the New Testament? YES.......Do I believe God has changed from the OT to the NT? NO.....Do I believe similar things mentioned Revelation had happened in the days of people like Moses, Daniel, Elijah also? YES.........Do I believe God deals with the evil, the disobedient, the persecutors of the Church today the same as He did in the OT and in Revelation? YES, if and when He wants to.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Here's my two cents.....

Daniel: He was told to close the book on his vision(s) until he saw it come to be...Many of the evil and powerful forces mentioned in Daniel's vision(s) have come and gone and the Jews suffered greatly by them (Egyptian, Babylon, Persian, & Grecian kings).

Revelation: Written to 7 Churches in Asia "concerning things to shortly come to pass"...That was 2,000 years ago and although the latter part of Revelation is speaking about the second coming of Jesus, much of Revelation has to do with the suffering of the Church, of that day, by the evil world power (Rome). Many have tried to make Revelation about Iran, Iraq, Russia and even the USA, but that's not what the book says as I read it...Revelation has MUCH symbolism and is not understood perfectly but I watched a history series on Rome and it was almost like reading Revelation and seeing how things unfolded against Rome at that time. The history of Rome and Revelation lined up perfectly.

Do I believe the God of the Old Testament is the same God of the New Testament? YES.......Do I believe God has changed from the OT to the NT? NO.....Do I believe similar things mentioned Revelation had happened in the days of people like Moses, Daniel, Elijah also? YES.........Do I believe God deals with the evil, the disobedient, the persecutors of the Church today the same as He did in the OT and in Revelation? YES, if and when He wants to.

Who is Gog and Magog?

Also, tell me where you viewed the history series on Rome.  I'd like to view it as well.

12 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

If Trump had made this payment...

Deflection is a pretty good way to try and divert guilt. Trump did not send money to Iran. Obama, his administration and his party DID in fact do the ugly deed. Saying what Trump might have done is an assumption. Also Trump has shown he will not let Iran have their way.

The U.S. and Iran nearly entered into an open conflict on 8 January 2020 when the IRGC launched missile attacks against two Iraqi military bases housing U.S. soldiers in retaliation for the killing of Soleimani, a rare direct IranU.S. confrontation and the closest to the brink of war between the two nations in decades ...

Now that's reopened it would seem one president funded a country for open ended terrorism ( who knows these missiles could have been paid for with Obama's terror payment.) On the other hand Trump reacted to an attack on or in the vicinity of American troops. Not to mention killing Soleimani. The truth is there folks and it's easy to see which is the lesser of two evils so to speak. At least regarding actions on Iran. 

There are always two sides to a discussion depending on how one likes to see it. However I believe this summarizes Trumps views on Iran and terrorism. Trump also attacked a Syrian base and what not for terrorist acts. What did Obama do? He funds states that carry out acts of terrorism. Please try and refute any of this as the truth is there for all to see.

Trump is not at all what some folks (his followers)  make him out to be.   Like I said before,  he's just another cog in the wheel.

One thing that a lot of folks take issue with Obama, is his skin color.

When the United States of America elected their first black President,  then the pendulum swung in a very new and different direction.  Now after 2 terms of a black President the pendulum has swung completely in another direction.  

Pendulums swing.  And the higher they swing one way the farther they swing the other way.

18 hours ago, rlh said:

Sit back and see how nasty your boy Shotgun Joe Biteme and his surrogates get.  He was neck deep in the Russiagate ruse.  He knew what J. Edgar Comey, little Peter Strokeit et al were up to unless his Alzheimer's is kicking in.  The stuff that sank him in 1987 against Dukakis is still out there as well as all the stuff in the 90s.

Edit:  BTW, I bust all of them when it comes to Iran.  I also didn't think going back into Iraq was a good idea when daddy didn't let Stormin Norman finish it in 92 given he served as a weakened bully to keep the Iranians and Syrians in check as a "weakened" bully.

Not 'my boy'.  But I'll take him in November over Trump.

I like the term Sleepy Joe instead of Shotgun Joe.  I've got another one you can use: Creepy Joe.  

So, you have Creepy Sleepy  Joe, Bunker Boy, and even Rocket Man.  What do all these characters have in common.   Putin.   More so with the last 2 I mentioned.   Putin and his oligarchs are siphoning Russia dry.  Trump would love to have his hands on that type of money and power.  

Putin might even let him ride his cracker. :)

giphy.gif

Putin on the Ritz.

School  (OUT)  IN  UPDATED  *INTERIM  **New School #Junior Varsity  ***Extree Stuff

Austin East - (Jeff Phillips) - Antonio Mays
Camden - (Wiliam Blow) - Matt McConnell
Carter - (Scott Meadows) - Justin Pressley
Cheatham - (Dwayne Daniel*) - Gary Halstead
Clinton - (Randy McKamey) - Darell Keith
Cloudland - (Scott Potter*) - Scott Potter
Cumberland County - (Eric Belew) - Noah Repasky
Dickson County - (Randy Murphree) - Greg Burns
Douglass - (Preston Harris) - Sheldon Dawson
East Nashville - (Brian Waite) - Jamaal Stewart
FACS - (Joey Lowe) - Chris Schuetz
Fairley - (Gene Robinson) - Fred Copeland
Fayette Academy - (Vic Shivers) - Michael Hodum
Fayette Ware - (Michael Hodum) - Woodrow Lowe
Franklin County - (Mac McCurry) - Justin Cunningham
Germantown - (Tommy Ferrill) - Gene Robinson
Goodpasture - (Jerry Joshlin) - Tyler Turner
Green Hill** - (New School) - Josh Crouch
Greenville - (Dan Hammonds) - *Eddie Spradlen
Harding Academy - (Johnny Allen) - Cody Nelson
Hickman County - (Michael Harrison) - R.E. McDonald
Hixson - (Gary Murray) - Josh Owensby
Knoxville Central - (Bryson Rosser) - Nick Craney
Lake County - (Josh Puckett) - Corey Quinn
Lakeway Christian Academy# - (Bruce Fowler) - Jermel Jones
LaVergne - (Staton Stevens) - Mike Woodward
Liberty - (Orentheus Taylor) - Scott Akin
Lincoln County - (Tim Johnson) - Kevin Rose
Loretto - (Neal Cruce) - Barry Daniel
Marion County - (Joey Mathis) - Dale Pruitt
Memphis Overton - (Edgar Williams) - Preston Harris
Milan - (Teddy Pettigrew) - Carl Diffee
Moore County - (Jason Dobbs) - Kris White
MTCS - (Fred Shambaugh) - *B.J. Robertson
Munford - (Nick Markle) - Slade Calhoun
Pigeon Forge - (Adrian Watson) - Scott Meadows
Raleigh Egypt - (Larry Franklin) - Delvin Lane
Red Boiling Springs - (Matt Swoner) - Sean Link
Shelbyville - (Justin Palmer) (*Brody Quick) - Josh Puckett
Siegel - (Michael Copley) - Adam Renshaw
Silverdale Baptist Academy - (Al Rogers) - Mike Conner
South Greene -(Scotty Verran) - Shawn Jones
Southwind - (Rahnmann Slocum) - Chris Jones
Station Camp - (Shaun Hollinsworth) - Brent Alexander
Stewarts Creek - (Bert Browne) - Ben Caudill
Sullivan East - (Mike Locke) - J.C. Simmons
Sycamore - (Justin Robison) - Mark Hall
Tipton Rosemark - (Collin Pinner) - Shannon O'Brien
Union City - (Darren Bowling) - Nick Markle
Union County - (Larry Kerr) - Josh Kerr
Volunteer - (Justin Pressley) - Jesse McMillan
The Webb School - (Jeff Murphy) - Kyle Turnbow
West Greene - (Joe Case) - Scotty Verran
Westview - (Matt McConnell) - Jarod Neal
Westwood - (Fred Copeland) - Orentheus Taylor
Whites Creek - (Clifton Davis) -
Whitwell- (Travis Olinger) - Jake Caleb
York Institute - (Derwin Wright) - Kerry Johnson

*** RePublic no football in 2020. Green Hill will pick up their schedule.
*** St Andrews Sewanee will co-op with Grundy Co in football.

9 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Here's my two cents.....

I think its a future event,the beast has yet to put the mark .  Thats when ,it gets for real,you either support the beast or suffer the consequences.I'm not into beasts,lol

15 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Here's my two cents.....

Told Daniel to shut the book ult the time of the end.

9 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Who is Gog and Magog?

Also, tell me where you viewed the history series on Rome.  I'd like to view it as well.

Magog=Russia.(My opinion from reading Ezekiel 38).

Alot of different views on parts of Revelation.Some say the War of Gog and Magog a has already happened and some say it hasnt.Also different views on the second coming.Premillineal,Post and Aumellineal.Some of it we arent supposed to understand YET.I wont argue it because you can lose friends VERY quickly over it.LOL.

Edited by orngnblk

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Magog=Russia.(My opinion from reading Ezekiel 38).

Alot of different views on parts of Revelation.Some say the War of Gog and Magog a has already happened and some say it hasnt.Also different views on the second coming.Premillineal,Post and Aumellineal.Some of it we arent supposed to understand YET.I wont argue it because you can lose friends VERY quickly over it.LOL.

Can't discuss Religion or Politics, Both are rotten to the bone.Two biggest dividers in the world. They've worked hand in glove for a long time, from my understanding that will come to a halt when Religion is no longer needed .  If you lose a friend just wanting to understand the truth about God, may not have been a friend to start with. I wish we all understood it , my guess is we will before the end. True Knowledge aboundeth when the seal is opened.

Edited by pujo