SouthTowner: This That and the Other

Southtowner

19 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

I reckon I just depend on what the New Testament of Jesus Christ says...

2nd Thess. says, at the second coming, Jesus comes back in flaming fire, with His angels, taking vengeance on those that know not God and those that have not obeyed the gospel of Jesus Christ.

2nd Peter 3 says the second coming of Jesus will come like a thief in the night with the heavens passing away and the earth being destroyed. 

I'm just trying to be prepared for that...the very end of time at the second and final coming of Jesus (or my death before this event...whichever comes first) I sure wont be one to suggest that you prepare for a second chance. 

Whats the 1000 year reign. Tons of people never had a chance the 1st time.  Shoot we even act like we give everyone a fair trial.  Think our Creator has a much better justice system than we do. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

I reckon I just depend on what the New Testament of Jesus Christ says...

2nd Thess. says, at the second coming, Jesus comes back in flaming fire, with His angels, taking vengeance on those that know not God and those that have not obeyed the gospel of Jesus Christ.

2nd Peter 3 says the second coming of Jesus will come like a thief in the night with the heavens passing away and the earth being destroyed. 

I'm just trying to be prepared for that...the very end of time at the second and final coming of Jesus (or my death before this event...whichever comes first) I sure wont be one to suggest that you prepare for a second chance. 

If all this True Knowledge became abundant at that time, its surely been forgotten, We now have 5000000000000000000000000 truths. Got a funny feeling that none of us know much of anything. Just way to much left out thats impossible to know. Whats all these other Galaxies,what was God doing before we were created. We know very little when it come to the BIG picture. We have a lot Of VERSIONS.

2 hours ago, pujo said:

Whats the 1000 year reign. Tons of people never had a chance the 1st time.  Shoot we even act like we give everyone a fair trial.  Think our Creator has a much better justice system than we do. 

Difference between a man made trial is reasonable doubt,The Man upstairs at the final judgement wont need no testimonies from any other but you!HE KNOWS THE ANSWER.In the Bible it tells us we know what we need to know,some things are a mystery that will be answered when it needs be.pujo all you need to know is that you KNOW!Other things are pretty tough to understand but that 1 thing (LOL I think of Billy Crystal and Jack Palance when I hear that) even a child can understand it,then just enjoy life the best you can.Shoot I've been blessed beyond measure!Got a son 3 years sober from Alcohol,Cocaine and Crystal Meth.He is a staff member and a Minister for True Purpose Ministries in Blount County.He stayed in that program away from EVERYTHING for 2 years,no phone or TV.We got to visit every Sunday.He found a great wife that met him at one of the out reach ministries and stood by him the last year of rehab and they have been married over a year and expecting my 4th grandchild in 3 weeks.I couldnt be more proud.Gods justice system works just fine if you trust him.Yes my wife and my life was turned upside down when he told me in Feb 2017 but God is an Awesome God!I dont set around and question the what ifs and the how comes,if you do then I hope you find the answer you are looking for I found mine in 1985.May not really go with what you are asking but my wife showed me his Fathers day Quote on facebook and I got a little excited again and thought i might share it!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Difference between a man made trial is reasonable doubt,The Man upstairs at the final judgement wont need no testimonies from any other but you!HE KNOWS THE ANSWER.In the Bible it tells us we know what we need to know,some things are a mystery that will be answered when it needs be.pujo all you need to know is that you KNOW!Other things are pretty tough to understand but that 1 thing (LOL I think of Billy Crystal and Jack Palance when I hear that) even a child can understand it,then just enjoy life the best you can.Shoot I've been blessed beyond measure!Got a son 3 years sober from Alcohol,Cocaine and Crystal Meth.He is a staff member and a Minister for True Purpose Ministries in Blount County.He stayed in that program away from EVERYTHING for 2 years,no phone or TV.We got to visit every Sunday.He found a great wife that met him at one of the out reach ministries and stood by him the last year of rehab and they have been married over a year and expecting my 4th grandchild in 3 weeks.I couldnt be more proud.Gods justice system works just fine if you trust him.Yes my wife and my life was turned upside down when he told me in Feb 2017 but God is an Awesome God!I dont set around and question the what ifs and the how comes,if you do then I hope you find the answer you are looking for I found mine in 1985.May not really go with what you are asking but my wife showed me his Fathers day Quote on facebook and I got a little excited again and thought i might share it!!

Good post. 

17 hours ago, orngnblk said:

AMEN.

22 hours ago, pujo said:

Everyone has had a chance...The Apostles carried this same exact Word we have all over the world...And this Word is still available. If they rejected it, they did so to their own destruction and the destruction of generations. And you are correct, the Lord's judgement is "pure" justice for He is pure as is His Word. 

Even back in Hosea, God told the Israel people they would be destroyed due to a "lack of knowledge"....Their lack was because the rejected His word then; same is true for us today.

22 hours ago, pujo said:

If all this True Knowledge became abundant at that time, its surely been forgotten, We now have 5000000000000000000000000 truths. Got a funny feeling that none of us know much of anything. Just way to much left out thats impossible to know. Whats all these other Galaxies,what was God doing before we were created. We know very little when it come to the BIG picture. We have a lot Of VERSIONS.

I see what you're saying, but by the entirety of the New Testament Word, there is and will always be only one truth, one version...Jesus is that one word, that one truth, that one path; The divisions of that word, truth, path are heresies and cannot be called truths because they veer from the NT Word...Being obedient to His "version" is the only hope we have of salvation. He that adds or takes away from His Word has zero chance.

Shoot, Satan started causing divisions back with Adam and Eve when he added only one word, "not", to the word of God...God said, "If you eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, you will die"....Satan said, "you will NOT die"....They got the big head and ate, and from that second sin was on the earth and man has never lived a day that he wasn't also dying.....Satan started causing divisions of the Church at the very very start (2,000 years ago) and giving people the big heads thinking that THEY could determine which part of the Word was needed and which was not.

Peter says the scripture is NOT for anyone's private interpretation. We are to rightly divide the old law from the New Testament but who are we to interpret God's Word/Law anyways??!! A person best just do what the NT says and not worry about a better, easier or more sensible way....That's how we come up with 5000000000000000000 heresies....Years ago my family was members of such a heresy until they started reading and accepting the NT Word for what IT said; not for what a family member, preacher or teacher said it said...Sure makes a difference when you read the NT as to learn; not to prove what you already believe.

There is so much for me to learn in His NT Word that I never have time to be concerned about things that I'll never be able to know and understand while here....Paul tells us not to get caught up in fables, endless genealogies, and foolish questions; so I never debate one as to what the Word says, I just state what the Word says. Who am I to debate His word anyways?    In it's entirety, the NT Word is crystal clear...It's when we try to make a verse here or there stand alone that confusion comes in.

He has given us the NT Word so we CAN know everything we need to know to get to Heaven....Then when we get there, we will be as He is and know about the other things, that really didn't concern our salvation, but will be interesting to learn of.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Everyone has had a chance...The Apostles carried this same exact Word we have all over the world...And this Word is still available. If they rejected it, they did so to their own destruction and the destruction of generations. And you are correct, the Lord's judgement is "pure" justice for He is pure as is His Word. 

Even back in Hosea, God told the Israel people they would be destroyed due to a "lack of knowledge"....Their lack was because the rejected His word then; same is true for us today.

I see what you're saying, but by the entirety of the New Testament Word, there is and will always be only one truth, one version...Jesus is that one word, that one truth, that one path; The divisions of that word, truth, path are heresies and cannot be called truths because they veer from the NT Word...Being obedient to His "version" is the only hope we have of salvation. He that adds or takes away from His Word has zero chance.

Shoot, Satan started causing divisions back with Adam and Eve when he added only one word, "not", to the word of God...God said, "If you eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, you will die"....Satan said, "you will NOT die"....They got the big head and ate, and from that second sin was on the earth and man has never lived a day that he wasn't also dying.....Satan started causing divisions of the Church at the very very start (2,000 years ago) and giving people the big heads thinking that THEY could determine which part of the Word was needed and which was not.

Peter says the scripture is NOT for anyone's private interpretation. We are to rightly divide the old law from the New Testament but who are we to interpret God's Word/Law anyways??!! A person best just do what the NT says and not worry about a better, easier or more sensible way....That's how we come up with 5000000000000000000 heresies....Years ago my family was members of such a heresy until they started reading and accepting the NT Word for what IT said; not for what a family member, preacher or teacher said it said...Sure makes a difference when you read the NT as to learn; not to prove what you already believe.

There is so much for me to learn in His NT Word that I never have time to be concerned about things that I'll never be able to know and understand while here....Paul tells us not to get caught up in fables, endless genealogies, and foolish questions; so I never debate one as to what the Word says, I just state what the Word says. Who am I to debate His word anyways?    In it's entirety, the NT Word is crystal clear...It's when we try to make a verse here or there stand alone that confusion comes in.

He has given us the NT Word so we CAN know everything we need to know to get to Heaven....Then when we get there, we will be as He is and know about the other things, that really didn't concern our salvation, but will be interesting to learn of.

Think we all sorta believe what was handed down to us, buddiist ,Christians Muslims,so on and so on. I've sorta got my on beliefs by just using what brain I've got.  I try to just use common sense and actually go by my god given conscience. Think our understanding is very small in the big scheme of things.

School  (OUT)  IN  UPDATED  *INTERIM  **New School #Junior Varsity  ***Extree Stuff

Austin East - (Jeff Phillips) - Antonio Mays
Camden - (Wiliam Blow) - Matt McConnell
Carter - (Scott Meadows) - Justin Pressley
Cheatham - (Dwayne Daniel*) - Gary Halstead
Clinton - (Randy McKamey) - Darell Keith
Cloudland - (Scott Potter*) - Scott Potter
Cumberland County - (Eric Belew) - Noah Repasky
Dickson County - (Randy Murphree) - Greg Burns
Douglass - (Preston Harris) - Sheldon Dawson
East Nashville - (Brian Waite) - Jamaal Stewart
FACS - (Joey Lowe) - Chris Schuetz
Fairley - (Gene Robinson) - Fred Copeland
Fayette Academy - (Vic Shivers) - Michael Hodum
Fayette Ware - (Michael Hodum) - Woodrow Lowe
Franklin County - (Mac McCurry) - Justin Cunningham
Germantown - (Tommy Ferrill) - Gene Robinson
Goodpasture - (Jerry Joshlin) - Tyler Turner
Green Hill** - (New School) - Josh Crouch
Greenville - (Dan Hammonds) - *Eddie Spradlen
Harding Academy - (Johnny Allen) - Cody Nelson
Hickman County - (Michael Harrison) - R.E. McDonald
Hixson - (Gary Murray) - Josh Owensby
Knoxville Central - (Bryson Rosser) - Nick Craney
Lake County - (Josh Puckett) - Corey Quinn
Lakeway Christian Academy# - (Bruce Fowler) - Jermel Jones
LaVergne - (Staton Stevens) - Mike Woodward
Liberty - (Orentheus Taylor) - Scott Akin
Lincoln County - (Tim Johnson) - Kevin Rose
Loretto - (Neal Cruce) - Barry Daniel
Marion County - (Joey Mathis) - Dale Pruitt
Memphis Overton - (Edgar Williams) - Preston Harris
Milan - (Teddy Pettigrew) - Carl Diffee
Moore County - (Jason Dobbs) - Kris White
MTCS - (Fred Shambaugh) - *B.J. Robertson
Munford - (Nick Markle) - Slade Calhoun
Pigeon Forge - (Adrian Watson) - Scott Meadows
Raleigh Egypt - (Larry Franklin) - Delvin Lane
Red Boiling Springs - (Matt Swoner) - Sean Link
Shelbyville - (Justin Palmer) (*Brody Quick) - Josh Puckett
Siegel - (Michael Copley) - Adam Renshaw
Silverdale Baptist Academy - (Al Rogers) - Mike Conner
South Greene -(Scotty Verran) - Shawn Jones
Southwind - (Rahnmann Slocum) - Chris Jones
Station Camp - (Shaun Hollinsworth) - Brent Alexander
Stewarts Creek - (Bert Browne) - Ben Caudill
Sullivan East - (Mike Locke) - J.C. Simmons
Sycamore - (Justin Robison) - Mark Hall
Tipton Rosemark - (Collin Pinner) - Shannon O'Brien
Union City - (Darren Bowling) - Nick Markle
Union County - (Larry Kerr) - Josh Kerr
Volunteer - (Justin Pressley) - Jesse McMillan
The Webb School - (Jeff Murphy) - Kyle Turnbow
West Greene - (Joe Case) - Scotty Verran
Westview - (Matt McConnell) - Jarod Neal
Westwood - (Fred Copeland) - Orentheus Taylor
Whites Creek - (Clifton Davis) - William Darnell
Whitwell- (Travis Olinger) - Jake Caleb
York Institute - (Derwin Wright) - Kerry Johnson

*** RePublic no football in 2020. Green Hill will pick up their schedule.
*** St Andrews Sewanee will co-op with Grundy Co in football.