SouthTowner: This That and the Other

Southtowner

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I want to see football this fall more than anyone. But I have a thought. If the tssaa is meeting in a giant lecture hall to maintain physical distancing and all in the meeting are required to wear a mask are we really ready for contact in pads??

Just listening to some of the members and especially the director talking at the last two meetings I got that same vibe. They were all in on the the social distancing/ mask issue. I wouldn't doubt if some of them are on these forums raising panic about the virus. 

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I want to see football this fall more than anyone. But I have a thought. If the tssaa is meeting in a giant lecture hall to maintain physical distancing and all in the meeting are required to wear a mask are we really ready for contact in pads??

I understand your point and maybe we aren't ready.   IDK.   But I'd rather they meet in a safe manner and adhere to some guidelines to do their part in getting us beyond this, through this, around this, under this.  You get my point? 

I wanna see the season play out.    And if that means wearing a mask then that's a small effort on my part.

To Everyone:  Wear a mask so these boys can wear their helmets.  Wash your hands.  Take a shower.  Clean yourself up.  

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Salem said:

Just listening to some of the members and especially the director talking at the last two meetings I got that same vibe. They were all in on the the social distancing/ mask issue. I wouldn't doubt if some of them are on these forums raising panic about the virus. 

Now why would the TSSAA be on any website raising panic about the virus?  

Football
Tuesday, July 21, 2020

UPDATED AGENDA: TSSAA Board of Control to meet on Wednesday, July 22 at 1PM CDT
TSSAA
Updated Board agenda included

The TSSAA Board of Control will meet on Wednesday, July 22 at Siegel High School at 1:00 p.m. CDT. The meeting will be a study session to discuss possible classification plans for the next classification cycle. The Board will also address contingency plans for football and girls' soccer, as well as regulations put together by the staff and Governor’s office for all fall sports in regards to precautions for participation during the pandemic.

The meeting will be held in the Lecture Hall at Siegel High School with all physical distancing requirements being enforced. No one will be allowed to enter the facility without wearing a mask. Maintaining the minimum 6-foot distance and wearing a mask at all times will be mandatory. There will be limited seating, but best efforts will be made to accommodate those individuals in attendance. Anyone attending will need to park at the entrance that goes into the gymnasium and be able to enter the Lecture Hall directly from outside.

One part of the discussion will be "VIDEO: Hybrid Proposal for 2020 Football Season"

The meeting will be live streamed via YouTube. You can view the meeting live by clicking here.

Updated Board agenda

16 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I understand your point and maybe we aren't ready.   IDK.   But I'd rather they meet in a safe manner and adhere to some guidelines to do their part in getting us beyond this, through this, around this, under this.  You get my point? 

I wanna see the season play out.    And if that means wearing a mask then that's a small effort on my part.

To Everyone:  Wear a mask so these boys can wear their helmets.  Wash your hands.  Take a shower.  Clean yourself up.  

Yes please tell Roy to shower. I can smell him across the state. 

On 7/21/2020 at 3:20 PM, Southtowner said:

Now why would the TSSAA be on any website raising panic about the virus?  

i know that is tongue in cheek. 

TSSAA and karens go hand in hand. fat bloated bureaucracy. nannyism. worthless activity disguised as vitally important and brave work. TSSAA prolly advised the dem governors on lockdowns. how to do everything wrong and as full of pork as possible

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

i know that is tongue in cheek. 

TSSAA and karens go hand in hand. fat bloated bureaucracy. nannyism. worthless activity disguised as vitally important and brave work. TSSAA prolly advised the dem governors on lockdowns. how to do everything wrong and as full of pork as possible

It's O.K.  fish.  

On 7/21/2020 at 8:36 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

A lot of this is for show. I think Childress talking with a mask is a little much with every one spread out.