Captain Victory's South Pittsburg Pirates 2020

Southtowner

1 hour ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO... Chief Mike what kind of mess is this? That Tygard man only won two games.  What kind of opportunity is there for one year since this Beene boy is a senior next year, help get the team to 5-5? Are you joking? I garuntee you I aint joking either. 

It’s not all about wins and losses.  It’s about respect maybe.  I don’t know.  I’m just as confused about the reason why as you are.  I’m just throwing out suggestions and ideas.  Ultimately though, it’s about the kids.  Maybe that’s been our problem at SP over the last 10 years.  Maybe we have gotten away from it being more about the kids and their futures instead of about wins and losses.  Just keeping it real as Tyrone Biggums always said.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

It’s not all about wins and losses.  It’s about respect maybe.  I don’t know.  I’m just as confused about the reason why as you are.  I’m just throwing out suggestions and ideas.  Ultimately though, it’s about the kids.  Maybe that’s been our problem at SP over the last 10 years.  Maybe we have gotten away from it being more about the kids and their futures instead of about wins and losses.  Just keeping it real as Tyrone Biggums always said.  

With the coaches we have/had it was about getting the best out of our young men! Wins/losses of course matter but at the end of the day the young men were the priority.

As for him transferring to NJ, I have my personal opinions about that. Heard a lot of muttering in the GB game. Nevertheless, wish him the best...he is  a very talented player and will help NJ. (Well, all that he can anyway!)

SP has the talent and experience again this year to succeed. Just putting it altogether and getting it done is the question. Some of the players last year that saw playing time and big game experience will need to step up and help where needed!

E61B7EBB-13F2-4BA7-9F02-54BEA19A07E1.jpeg

Edited by CaptainJackRackam

8 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

This post has prompted me to come out of hiding. SP does more for the kids than any program in the Chattanooga area not named Baylor and McCallie. Go ask Stephen Hargis as I am sure he can tell you plenty of horrific stories of how other Chattanooga area  schools operate. Many schools have football fees that parents have to pay for their kids to play while other schools have to try to re brand the program and come up with gimmick slogans just to try and get some hype. Majority of schools take Cheddar Cheese school buses and have to purchase their own gear. Our kids get 2 pairs of new cleats a year, gloves, under armor from head to toe for both practice and games along with a new Players Lounge this past year with big screen TVs and PS4 gaming consoles. IT WILL ALWAYS BE ABOUT THE KIDS FIRST AND FOREMOST! Most people have no clue what all is done for our kids that no other program does but I can promise you they will understand when they leave.  When a kid no longer cares about winning as a TEAM then he simply does NOT need to be here. This is not me venting this is just the facts.

As far as Beene leaving well he was just sold a Kia and was promised a Porsche. The used car salesman down the road has been actively coming after several of our kids since December. A lot of promises with zero substance. He is NOT alone as a Volunteer assistant up the road has been just as actively coming after these same few kids since December. When a kid on our team wants to go play for a team that went 2-8 or 3-7 because of coaches promising that they are SEC players when their measurements are 5-8 160 and run a 4.9 then all I can say is don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. When the parents are not smart enough to see through all that garbage then it comes down to it being the blind leading the blind! That has been the biggest issue for the past 10-15 years that SP has had to deal with. Just because a kid don't get a SEC offer doesn't mean they dont get the opportunity to go get a paid education and play ball at a small college. We will NEVER lie to kids and tell them something the are not. Beene could've been up for Mr Football this upcoming season in 1A and been a part of one of the best if not the best LB groups in 1A but was looking for greener pastures. Wish nothing but the best for the kid but SP will still be SP with him or without! Meanwhile NJ will be lucky to win 7 games this year and will not go past the 2nd round. I encourage any players that leave here to bring their new coach can come watch us play in Cookeville come December.

Edited by TheProphet1
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I can assure you NOBODY in the area (TN or AL schools) do more or takes care of the kids better than they are at SP. They are promoted to college programs to get an education no matter the level. Every kid isn’t D1 regardless of what some other coaches in the area are trying to sell!  As a matter of fact we have two more signing with a junior college today. At the end of the day education is education is that is the first priority at SPHS!

2 hours ago, TheProphet1 said:

This post has prompted me to come out of hiding. SP does more for the kids than any program in the Chattanooga area not named Baylor and McCallie. Go ask Stephen Hargis as I am sure he can tell you plenty of horrific stories of how other Chattanooga area  schools operate. Many schools have football fees that parents have to pay for their kids to play while other schools have to try to re brand the program and come up with gimmick slogans just to try and get some hype. Majority of schools take Cheddar Cheese school buses and have to purchase their own gear. Our kids get 2 pairs of new cleats a year, gloves, under armor from head to toe for both practice and games along with a new Players Lounge this past year with big screen TVs and PS4 gaming consoles. IT WILL ALWAYS BE ABOUT THE KIDS FIRST AND FOREMOST! Most people have no clue what all is done for our kids that no other program does but I can promise you they will understand when they leave.  When a kid no longer cares about winning as a TEAM then he simply does NOT need to be here. This is not me venting this is just the facts.

As far as Beene leaving well he was just sold a Kia and was promised a Porsche. The used car salesman down the road has been actively coming after several of our kids since December. A lot of promises with zero substance. He is NOT alone as a Volunteer assistant up the road has been just as actively coming after these same few kids since December. When a kid on our team wants to go play for a team that went 2-8 or 3-7 because of coaches promising that they are SEC players when their measurements are 5-8 160 and run a 4.9 then all I can say is don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. When the parents are not smart enough to see through all that garbage then it comes down to it being the blind leading the blind! That has been the biggest issue for the past 10-15 years that SP has had to deal with. Just because a kid don't get a SEC offer doesn't mean they dont get the opportunity to go get a paid education and play ball at a small college. We will NEVER lie to kids and tell them something the are not. Beene could've been up for Mr Football this upcoming season in 1A and been a part of one of the best if not the best LB groups in 1A but was looking for greener pastures. Wish nothing but the best for the kid but SP will still be SP with him or without! Meanwhile NJ will be lucky to win 7 games this year and will not go past the 2nd round. I encourage any players that leave here to bring their new coach can come watch us play in Cookeville come December.

I’m glad my post brought you out of hiding.  That was it’s intended purpose.  You must be very close to the program and I wanted someone close to speak the truth.  Thank you.  Mission accomplished

1 hour ago, SPHS09 said:

I can assure you NOBODY in the area (TN or AL schools) do more or takes care of the kids better than they are at SP. They are promoted to college programs to get an education no matter the level. Every kid isn’t D1 regardless of what some other coaches in the area are trying to sell!  As a matter of fact we have two more signing with a junior college today. At the end of the day education is education is that is the first priority at SPHS!

I believe you.  I was just hoping to invoke some new posts about the program and it did.  

3 hours ago, TheProphet1 said:

I said this was going on in October, everyone told me how wrong I was. I’m sure SP will be fine but there were warning signs something was cooking. 

5 hours ago, TheProphet1 said:

Prophet man that Tygard man is a SOS (snake oil salesman) just like Ricky.  I garuntee you that Beene boy will regret this mess.  If he is telling him he can play in the SEC Tygard is full of mess.  I need to refer to him as SOS#2.  That Pruitt man doesnt have any linebackers that weigh 145 pounds.  You need to weigh at least 230 pounds to play linebacker in the SEC.  You think im joking but im not. 

4 hours ago, crow said:

I said this was going on in October, everyone told me how wrong I was. I’m sure SP will be fine but there were warning signs something was cooking. 

Something is always cooking.  SPHS has lost more players to local schools than they have got going back to 1982.