Captain Victory's South Pittsburg Pirates 2020

Southtowner

5 minutes ago, rlh said:

The look in Peyton's eyes when it went over his head said it all that day.  "Bleep!  It just went over my head!"

Yeah I knew the video quip about over the head but Cougars post went over mine.

Out of fairness to CougarDad it's easy to go over my head some days.  Just dont have as many mentally sharp days as I use to.  

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Congratulations to our boys' varsity basketball team.  They captured their first district tournament championship last night in 34 years.

I think the last time was back when Bassy was a dribbler.  :-)

That was also back during the era of a hall of fame Coach named Sam E. Brooks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

From the talk around town, just how many parents or kids have been approached about playing football at North Jackson? 

I’ve heard as many as 10 from friends down that way. That coach at NJ must have learned something from his time over with Booger and the Irish 

I have been and my family has been a loyal supporter of the Pirates for many year's and I will speak for football bc that is where the money is and most fan's. I'm sure other's from different school's may be in the same situation as we are at SP. Just take time and look around at the crowd and most of the people you will find are in there 30's and up. If it's left up to the younger generation will alot of school's be looking at less and less attendance? I know at SP the older generation out number's the new generation by alot. I guess I just have so much love for my school and always want to back it and the Alma Mater meant and still means so much to me and as well as the Do right Rule of yall that know what i am talking about. I'm just glad I was able to live and go to school when it really meant something. I know there's alot of young kid's that care, but not as much as the older one's do. I guess why I am saying this, is bc it saddens me to see an old friend or alumni that pass away and the love they had for the school and now that empty seat is a sad thing to see and I don't see the young one's filling them up. Hope all have a great day and hope maybe we can instill some of our values in this young generation.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Be a shame if someone had a recording of a conversation about playing NJ football and money comes up! He may want to stay south of the border!

Now it's full on recruiting and pay for play? Any validation besides 10 friends down the road?

To add to the hysteria, last week two of the program's donors met in New York with the COO of a billion dollar company based in Atlanta. They discussed the program and their support for the coming season.

There was discussion around using technology to canvas the valley by infecting student's cell phones which would help determine the students in the various schools to recruit. Apparently the primary transmission point will be in the Lodge Manufacturing tower. Once a student is identified as a valid option their phone will begin to submit subliminal messages during screen time, eventually they will succumb to the messages, pack up and move to Alabama.

You may want to keep an eye out for anyone "not from here" snooping around the skillet maker.

3 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Now it's full on recruiting and pay for play? Any validation besides 10 friends down the road?

To add to the hysteria, last week two of the program's donors met in New York with the COO of a billion dollar company based in Atlanta. They discussed the program and their support for the coming season.

There was discussion around using technology to canvas the valley by infecting student's cell phones which would help determine the students in the various schools to recruit. Apparently the primary transmission point will be in the Lodge Manufacturing tower. Once a student is identified as a valid option their phone will begin to submit subliminal messages during screen time, eventually they will succumb to the messages, pack up and move to Alabama.

You may want to keep an eye out for anyone "not from here" snooping around the skillet maker.

Only part of your sarcastic post worth discussion. Yes there is validation, no you want see it posted here.