Captain Victory's South Pittsburg Pirates 2020

Southtowner

On 3/18/2020 at 9:41 AM, team69 said:

They could lose 3/4 of their team and still want help his boy!! Wishful thinking on his part ain't going to help him either.

I guess time will tell - it's  been 50 + years since Don / Vic (not counting the blip) took over SP, and Don got it handed to him in pretty good shape. I know how skillet heads are about there football. Heck - your bunch (if I'm reading it right) ate so much cornbread out of the skillet, it took them 25 years to get another batch done. I will keep up my wishful thinking, cause I still love that little spot on the river between the two ferries.

2 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

I guess time will tell - it's  been 50 + years since Don / Vic (not counting the blip) took over SP, and Don got it handed to him in pretty good shape. I know how skillet heads are about there football. Heck - your bunch (if I'm reading it right) ate so much cornbread out of the skillet, it took them 25 years to get another batch done. I will keep up my wishful thinking, cause I still love that little spot on the river between the two ferries.

You mean the 2 blips?  Both "Blips" took a team to the finals going 1 - 1.  Those aren't bad blips.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rlh said:

You mean the 2 blips?  Both "Blips" took a team to the finals going 1 - 1.  Those aren't bad blips.

He’s just trying to agitate. It’s obvious he’s a fan of the young coach down the road. To each his own I guess. You are right about those blips. The first won from 1993-1996 was pretty successful and so was the one a few years back. Now that I think of it.. every head coach at SP accept Ross lead the Pirates to a state title game appearance. lol

13 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

He’s just trying to agitate. It’s obvious he’s a fan of the young coach down the road. To each his own I guess. You are right about those blips. The first won from 1993-1996 was pretty successful and so was the one a few years back. Now that I think of it.. every head coach at SP accept Ross lead the Pirates to a state title game appearance. lol

Its hard to bring home a silver or gold ball by leaving before spring practice. 

7 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO... We dont even count the SOS as a coach since he didnt even stay a month.  I garuntee you I aint joking either. 

Can't count him anyway since he was never officially "hired" by the school board. He was offered the job and accepted it but he never put ink to paper.  And since he doesn't qualify as an official coach then every coach that we have had since the state championship inception has taken us to the big game.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rlh said:

Vic was there but not HBC in the 90's stretch or did I dream that? My blip thought was a time when a Grider was not in the program. I'm pretty sure one of (or more) y'all on here were on the 94 team.

11 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

I am not agitating - pretty sure that I am not making you feel troubled or nervous (laughing maybe). Aggravate - annoy you guys is closer to the truth.

Yes - I am a fan of the boy down the road (cause that's my school - at least since 89); but also pull for the Pirates, first football game I ever attended as a tyke was at Beene.

Enough of the history lesson - anybody moved across the boarder to play for NJ today?

7 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Can't count him anyway since he was never officially "hired" by the school board. He was offered the job and accepted it but he never put ink to paper.  And since he doesn't qualify as an official coach then every coach that we have had since the state championship inception has taken us to the big game.  

Truth.  ^ 

5 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

I am not agitating - pretty sure that I am not making you feel troubled or nervous (laughing maybe). Aggravate - annoy you guys is closer to the truth.

Yes - I am a fan of the boy down the road (cause that's my school - at least since 89); but also pull for the Pirates, first football game I ever attended as a tyke was at Beene.

Enough of the history lesson - anybody moved across the boarder to play for NJ today?

LRDAO.. You must be the lead orchestrater for that Tygard man.  I garuntee you I aint falling for your mess. You think im joking but im not.