Captain Victory's South Pittsburg Pirates 2020

Southtowner

14 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

Roy who cares how many games North Jackson wins? I thought this was a SP topic. No one cares about the teams in Alabama. 

Tygard paid off Roy to turn this into a NJ recruiting thread - I heared he threw in access to the Murphy Fair secret underground publishing bunker AND a bottomless thermos of Roy's favorite. I guess every man has his price.

5 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Tygard paid off Roy to turn this into a NJ recruiting thread - I heared he threw in access to the Murphy Fair secret underground publishing bunker AND a bottomless thermos of Roy's favorite. I guess every man has his price.

LRDAO... That Tygard man aint paid me a durn dime.  I garuntee you he better keep his money in case he needs that Uhaul.  You think im joking but im not. 

17 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

In reality, it was NJ going to Whitwell to play this fall that brought NorthJackwagon into the various discussions.

3 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

I'd hate to imagine this thing going that far.

At this point I am not surprised by anything - I don't see any way spring ball happens. Our coaches are working to maintain strength and conditioning, while the kids are doing online classes.. The Webb school announced no more on campus classes or activities for the remainder of the year. I hope others don't follow, but I suspect they will. If they do, will they push practice until after dead period ends July 3rd or will they let us get to it in June?

12 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

At this point I am not surprised by anything - I don't see any way spring ball happens. Our coaches are working to maintain strength and conditioning, while the kids are doing online classes.. The Webb school announced no more on campus classes or activities for the remainder of the year. I hope others don't follow, but I suspect they will. If they do, will they push practice until after dead period ends July 3rd or will they let us get to it in June?

How can ANY team maintain Strength "activities" with the Governor Signing the no more than 10 person deal?Looks like all activities will be put on hold for now at least.

4 hours ago, Jim1972 said:

How can ANY team maintain Strength "activities" with the Governor Signing the no more than 10 person deal?Looks like all activities will be put on hold for now at least.

Little Jimmy I garuntee he is talking about that Tygard man.  He is trying to get them chiefs real big and strong for their showdown with Whitwell.  I garuntee you I aint joking either. 

1 hour ago, Roy Dillard said:

Little Jimmy I garuntee he is talking about that Tygard man.  He is trying to get them chiefs real big and strong for their showdown with Whitwell.  I garuntee you I aint joking either. 

Actually I was referring to our school up here. Our coaches are sending out weekly schedules with daily workout plans (no weights) - sign-off turned in at the end of the week. Today the kids started on-line classes / video conference. That is supposed to bleed over to workouts in the coming days (apparently the kids can see the instructor and the instructor can see all the kids).

I hear tell Tygard has put a secret weight room bunker under the Google site, they are smuggling 12 players in at a time - 4 times a day.

You old heads need to be staying at home - I see Marion County has some cases now.

3 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Actually I was referring to our school up here. Our coaches are sending out weekly schedules with daily workout plans (no weights) - sign-off turned in at the end of the week. Today the kids started on-line classes / video conference. That is supposed to bleed over to workouts in the coming days (apparently the kids can see the instructor and the instructor can see all the kids).

I hear tell Tygard has put a secret weight room bunker under the Google site, they are smuggling 12 players in at a time - 4 times a day.

You old heads need to be staying at home - I see Marion County has some cases now.

That McKinney man that used to coach those Stevenson Panther boys had his players loading 110 pound bales of hay on to wagons all summer long to make they real strong and heat tough.  I ain't joking. He used 20 year old linemen so his line would be real strong at knocking holes for the runners and pass catchers.

43 minutes ago, rlh said:

That McKinney man that used to coach those Stevenson Panther boys had his players loading 110 pound bales of hay on to wagons all summer long to make they real strong and heat tough.  I ain't joking. He used 20 year old linemen so his line would be real strong at knocking holes for the runners and pass catchers.

Not just lineman - I think Herschel Buckner played at least six years! I'm pretty sure he played all four years that McKinney's boy played and a year on either side of that.