Captain Victory's South Pittsburg Pirates 2020

Southtowner

On 4/24/2020 at 11:59 AM, croz6110 said:

So, what happened with Waggoner at the last school? He was only there a year.

"I'm sure outsiders might wonder why I would make the move to go from being a head coach back to being an assistant," Waggoner said. "It's real simple. I want to coach in a place where football is important, and the tradition at South Pittsburg speaks for itself. From my time coaching at Trousdale, I'm well aware of what South Pittsburg's reputation is around the state because they're going to be in the mix to play for a championship every year. I want to be a part of that and help them win another state championship.

5 hours ago, croz6110 said:

They may just be bitter, but from what I saw of some comments on Facebook, fans at his former school were glad to see him go. They mentioned he also ran off some well liked coaches. Again, they may just be bitter.

Can you send a link to those comments? I Read 28 comments and didn't read 1 that said they were glad his gone. One fan said coaches left when he was hired didn't say he ran them off.  Think maybe that some schools and towns just don't support football. Maybe EC was one of those schools.  

I wonder what the Trousdale people think about him? 

6 hours ago, croz6110 said:

They may just be bitter, but from what I saw of some comments on Facebook, fans at his former school were glad to see him go. They mentioned he also ran off some well liked coaches. Again, they may just be bitter.

Trousdale liked him and The Doctor hand picked him as well. We’re glad to have him here in SP. Great coach and great mentor for our young men. 

On 4/25/2020 at 9:29 PM, team69 said:

Can you send a link to those comments? I Read 28 comments and didn't read 1 that said they were glad his gone. One fan said coaches left when he was hired didn't say he ran them off.  Think maybe that some schools and towns just don't support football. Maybe EC was one of those schools.  

I wonder what the Trousdale people think about him? 

Hopefully the pic shows. This was in response to him a announcing he was leaving. I can't seem to find again the comments about the other coaches.

Screenshot_20200427-080531_Facebook.jpg

4 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

If I were an SP fan, I'd be excited too. I just thought it was odd about the circumstances. 

Question...could he have been brought in to eventually replace Grider?

South Pitt will make the state championship game this year and most likely Win It. If Gordonsville doesn't have anything for them nobody else in the East wheel. Greenback will be down this year. Coalfield won't have anything to match up with South Pittsburg Nor will Oliver Springs if any of the other Make it besides Greenback. So I'm curious what the answer to your question will be because if he makes it and win it this year be the perfect time to step down if he's got the right one in the stable along with the other two kids that came in to help that were former players. We have all known for a while that. He won't be there much longer.

14 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

South Pitt will make the state championship game this year and most likely Win It. If Gordonsville doesn't have anything for them nobody else in the East wheel. Greenback will be down this year. Coalfield won't have anything to match up with South Pittsburg Nor will Oliver Springs if any of the other Make it besides Greenback. So I'm curious what the answer to your question will be because if he makes it and win it this year be the perfect time to step down if he's got the right one in the stable along with the other two kids that came in to help that were former players. We have all known for a while that. He won't be there much longer.

We are all exited to have Coach Waggoner. He’s a great coach and mentor for our kids. Greenback down? I will have to see it to believe it. BTW..The 2020 season will be Coach Grider’s 30th in Tennessee. 

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

LRDAO...i aint falling for this mess from the lead orchestrater.  I garuntee you greenback fellars was supposed to be down last year and went a telling them Maryville boys and them Blount boys about that fake honey hole.  I garuntee you I aint joking either.