Captain Victory's South Pittsburg Pirates 2020

Southtowner

4 minutes ago, Pirate1999 said:

Pirates play August 21 at Sequatchie. Schedule is played as is for South Pitt. I’ve got a freshman in the program! Metro schools have no impact on rest of state I’m told.

18 hours ago, piratetom said:

The Marion County School Board has voted to delay the start of school until September 8th, awaiting the Governor's approval. Wonder how this will affect football?

This

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pirate1999 said:

Pirates play August 21 at Sequatchie. Schedule is played as is for South Pitt. I’ve got a freshman in the program! Metro schools have no impact on rest of state I’m told.

You are right Metro is doing their own thing.Those kids wont play a game till 3 weeks after they start back.This crap is a big mess!Just waiting on the next BS move they will make!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

You are right Metro is doing their own thing.Those kids wont play a game till 3 weeks after they start back.This crap is a big mess!Just waiting on the next BS move they will make!

I’m hearing that even if the Governor approves the delayed school start, football season will still start on time. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Pirate1999 said:

Heard this morning that the delay of school is due to some technology issues that need to be worked out to deal with the virtual students. This could be wrong but what I was told. 

That info would be incorrect.  It's being delayed by 4 school board members.  The only one that voted against it was Ryan Phillips.  

Edited by Greatdefender
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, orngnblk said:

What date will be the Pirates first game now??I am assuming it will be the Marion County game??Metro Nashville will have a 5 game schedule and cant have contact till after the 8th.This is getting confusing!

You have confused me too. The governor signed the deal this week. That means the season starts on time expect for a couple of metro areas. 

5 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

You have confused me too. The governor signed the deal this week. That means the season starts on time expect for a couple of metro areas. 

https://foxchattanooga.com/news/coronavirus/due-to-covid-19-cases-marion-co-school-board-votes-to-delay-school-start-time

I had seen this article,so I asked the question if that would set your team back also.BUT it didnt.And good for you all it didnt.The Metro areas had the same article but the have also requested no contact till after labor day.Marion County did not but that wasnt stated in the article so I asked the best people I know to get a straight answer.We are not confused now.LOL. AND Greenback has no S just like Pittsburg has no H.Hope to see you all this year.Good luck to you all till then.LOL.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

https://foxchattanooga.com/news/coronavirus/due-to-covid-19-cases-marion-co-school-board-votes-to-delay-school-start-time

I had seen this article,so I asked the question if that would set your team back also.BUT it didnt.And good for you all it didnt.The Metro areas had the same article but the have also requested no contact till after labor day.Marion County did not but that wasnt stated in the article so I asked the best people I know to get a straight answer.We are not confused now.LOL. AND Greenback has no S just like Pittsburg has no H.Hope to see you all this year.Good luck to you all till then.LOL.

I could understand the confusion really. I mean if schools are wanting to delay reopening because they are concerned about the school system contracting the virus. I'd imagine he was curious as to how football would fit in a different rule set is all.

At this point everyone is glad to see football no doubt. Glad it doesn't affect you all.

Edited by Imthayeti

On 8/1/2020 at 8:41 AM, orngnblk said:

It is a mess here in the middle - the Metro decision has blown up schedules, DII(s) are trying to decide if they are going to follow along or not.  Seems like everything is a moving target, but thankful that the boys have a hope of playing.