Schedule

pujo

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer seeing strong competition rather than beating up lesser opponents. Region schedule can't be helped but padding the wins with easy out of region games never made sense to me. Either way yes you are what you are but what you are can change based on experiences. I'm not what I used to be thank the good Lord because of experiences I've had. Yes I understand it doesn't matterour SOS we were never gonna get a gold ball this year but I do believe it helped us in several tough games this season. Just my opinion. 

38 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Ah, the dreaded SOS

ex. Peabody with the 27th toughest SOS compared to Meigs with the 5th toughest SOS

You are what you are.

Been proven a million times. Now if the best team plays a tough schedule,they'll still be the best team unless they get a bunch injured. If a weak team gets beat every weak,they'll probably just get weaker. Silly 

3 minutes ago, crow said:

I prefer seeing strong competition rather than beating up lesser opponents. Region schedule can't be helped but padding the wins with easy out of region games never made sense to me. Either way yes you are what you are but what you are can change based on experiences. I'm not what I used to be thank the good Lord because of experiences I've had. Yes I understand it doesn't matterour SOS we were never gonna get a gold ball this year but I do believe it helped us in several tough games this season. Just my opinion. 

Agreed...Scheduling easy, non-region games shouldn't be preferred, but there's usually one or two you schedule because they're county rivals, good gate, etc...Unaka for instance here

14 minutes ago, crow said:

You can find you a loss any week you want it other than region games. I think it actually deters kids from wanting to play, no one likes a thrashing every week. Supposedly we played a much weaker schedule than you guys, We beat you in every phase except the scoreboard. Even beat you there except an ignorant call.

51 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Who is to say the strength of schedule is accurate ?   

If we play 5 2A region games, then schedule Alcoa, Maryville, Greeneville, Knox Cath and Elizabethton, our SOS would be strong....But that doesn't mean we'd beat Peabody, Meigs, TC

Edited by uknoit2

Just now, uknoit2 said:

We did the DC thing in '17 and '18....Was a beat down in '18...It happens 

The beat down didn't help us a lick. Beating Unaka like a rented mule didn't either. We were what we were after both games. Yes you want to play competitive games but only to correct mistakes and teach kids just how hard they have to play to win. If you had 10 Unaka,s on the schedule,you'd be in trouble.

3 hours ago, pujo said:

You can find you a loss any week you want it other than region games. I think it actually deters kids from wanting to play, no one likes a thrashing every week. Supposedly we played a much weaker schedule than you guys, We beat you in every phase except the scoreboard. Even beat you there except an ignorant call.

You keep claiming all your moral victories pujo. Simple fact is we sent y'all to the gym. . . Again! I'm legitimately trying to discuss a football topic but I should've known better if you're involved. I didn't say schedule alcoa and ensworth but us picking up greenback and upperman were good winnable games. 1 score or less very late 4th quarter in both. Didn't end up going our way but it was a game. I also didn't say anything other than my opinion. If it's different from yours well that's ok to. I get it, some folks (coaches) like to pad the win column and rest their guys, others like to play tough compitition and push theirs. Given our differing opinion looks like we both got the ones for us.