Schedule

pujo

7 minutes ago, crow said:

You keep claiming all your moral victories pujo. Simple fact is we sent y'all to the gym. . . Again! I'm legitimately trying to discuss a football topic but I should've known better if you're involved. I didn't say schedule alcoa and ensworth but us picking up greenback and upperman were good winnable games. 1 score or less very late 4th quarter in both. Didn't end up going our way but it was a game. I also didn't say anything other than my opinion. If it's different from yours well that's ok to. I get it, some folks (coaches) like to pad the win column and rest their guys, others like to play tough compitition and push theirs. Given our differing opinion looks like we both got the ones for us. 

Just how many times have you said we we close in this one and that one,don't matter because you were right. We beat you outright and I'm right on that one.  That was a gift,not a win. Shoot we had nearly 200 yard more on offence.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, pujo said:

Time to put the tough schedule mess to bed.  Its what you are ,not who you play.

There's two different ways to look at it. One is stiffer competition - win or lose- makes your team better. The second is stiffer competition could lead to injuries and loss of confidence. Those making the schedule need to understand the players they have and their in-region competition when scheduling out of region games. As we see many times later in the season not all 7-0 or 8-0 teams are created equal. Saying one team has a weak schedule is not saying they may not be a good team. You can have both. 

Just now, Salem said:

There's two different ways to look at it. One is stiffer competition - win or lose- makes your team better. The second is stiffer competition could lead to injuries and loss of confidence. Those making the schedule need to understand the players they have and their in-region competition when scheduling out of region games. As we see many times later in the season not all 7-0 or 8-0 teams are created equal. Saying one team has a weak schedule is not saying they may not be a good team. You can have both. 

Makes sense to me. 

9 minutes ago, Salem said:

we played BGA 2x, Lauderdale Co (Alabama), and Page 4x in the last 6-7 years and we had no business playing those games. 

35 minutes ago, crow said:

You keep claiming all your moral victories pujo. Simple fact is we sent y'all to the gym. . . Again! I'm legitimately trying to discuss a football topic but I should've known better if you're involved. I didn't say schedule alcoa and ensworth but us picking up greenback and upperman were good winnable games. 1 score or less very late 4th quarter in both. Didn't end up going our way but it was a game. I also didn't say anything other than my opinion. If it's different from yours well that's ok to. I get it, some folks (coaches) like to pad the win column and rest their guys, others like to play tough compitition and push theirs. Given our differing opinion looks like we both got the ones for us. 

Maybe I misread, but we don't have coaches that want to pad their win column...You don't play David Crockett or even GP if that's the case. We play a schedule that's best for us, in this neck of the woods, without driving 2-1/2 hours....You would not believe the number of good teams that back out of playing us when scheduling time comes.

29 minutes ago, pujo said:

Just how many times have you said we we close in this one and that one,don't matter because you were right. We beat you outright and I'm right on that one.  That was a gift,not a win. Shoot we had nearly 200 yard more on offence.

And 2 less points. Learn to kick and you probably win. Then again your dominant offense couldn't get either 2 point play and was 1st and 10 at our 28 with 1:30 and at least 1 timeout. Y'all ran twice, literally twice the offensive plays we did and yet could get it done. We talked about it after your happy valley loss. Moving between the 20's doesn't make you better than the other team. As for me saying we were close that's right but we still lost. Never made the claim we win but got cheated. I'm out of this one feel like a fool for trying, everyone knows if you want to talk football you're the last person to try to do it with anymore. 

Edited by crow

27 minutes ago, Salem said:

Agree completely. Especially if the lesser competition is in region. Nothing can be done about that. 

11 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Maybe I misread, but we don't have coaches that want to pad their win column...You don't play David Crockett or even GP if that's the case. We play a schedule that's best for us, in this neck of the woods, without driving 2-1/2 hours....You would not believe the number of good teams that back out of playing us when scheduling time comes.

Yes I understand that. TL told me to fill our oor he called 24 or 25 teams not counting the teams that called us. I understand it is an effort simetimes. 

Just now, crow said:

And 2 less points. Learn to kick and you probably win. Then again your dominant offense couldn't get either 2 point play and was 1st and 10 at our 28 with 1:30 and at least 1 timeout. Y'all ran twice, literally twice the offensive plays we did and yet could get it done. We talked about it after your happy valley loss. Moving between the 20's doesn't make you better than the other team. As for me saying we were close that's right but we still lost. Never made the claim we win but got cheated. I'm out of this one feel like a fool for trying, everyone knows if you want to talk football you're the last person to try to do it with anymore. 

Reason we ran all those extra plays is because you could not move the ball. We were better ,plain and simple.

2 minutes ago, crow said:

Were you better than Coalfield,reckon not. I really thought you were,but by you're reasoning, I guess not.