Hampton Football 2020

uknoit2

19 hours ago, crow said:

I’ve said throughout the years if we were 20 minutes from Knoxville or oak ridge we’d have to rebuild our trophy cases regularly. Geography has as much to do with it as anything. I drive 2 1/2 to 3 hours s round trip to work. I’m not unique around here in that and I’m betting plenty up your way do to. Just part of growing up in the sticks. The folks I work with act like a 20 minute commute is unbearable lol. The bigger the population the more talent in the area, the farther away you are the less talent you get from it. I’ll take the sticks myself though. 

Moved to the beach out of high school...right back in a couple years and have no intention of ever leaving the sticks again 

4 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Moved to the beach out of high school...right back in a couple years and have no intention of ever leaving the sticks again 

Sticks! Hampton is a suburb of Elizabethton now. City Limits for Elizabethton will be at the Doe River bridge one day at McDonalds.

Edited by Appvol

18 hours ago, old24eagle said:

I never said that anywhere. Sounds like you wanted to defend something that was never brought up. I simply said if you get lots of transfers its not a coincidence. 

1-You have well known good team-You get transfers-not a coincidence

2-You actively promote your program to students and parents outside your normal zones you draw kids from-you get transfers-not a coincidence.

3-Your school has really nice facilities and lots of money to hire good coaches and keep your facilities constantly better than other schools around you-you get transfers-not a coincidence.

Any more questions Tide?

On 2/26/2020 at 12:21 PM, uknoit2 said:

That's a fact! Play for a gold ball and you can draw them from everywhere....It is what it is

Well at least you two make sense.New facilities,Great Coaching,and playing on TV regularly and then playing for Gold.Recipe for any family or player looking to be part of a successful program.Why would ANYONE question ones motives??Its part of it we have to just get used to it.Looking down ones nose and making accusations as some do doesn't help their cause.Rules are in place and if they are followed who are we to criticize??My apologies UKoit2 I have read enough of this crap all year and seen EVERY thread ruined because of it I over reacted on your thread.Good luck to Hampton.