Meigs County Football 2020

Yeti

4 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

I believe you guys should be in the mix again next season to go to Cookeville

That's a tall task, Meigs will have no problem reloading a good football program, however making it to that stage takes a complete team. Our biggest hurdle will be not replacing #19 but having other players step up and try and fill the role as we relied on him alot in big yardage situations. We have talent everywhere in the ranks after graduation. Still even some freshman next year will have a good chance to see alot of action due  to their athleticism alone. We will see though this team that just finished their season came a long way considering how preseason against Loudon looked, and the first game of the season with Sweetwater. I have no doubt we will field a winning team next year. I won't speculate as to how good as you never really know who's gonna step up and be the next go to guy. 17 was a rebuilding year for us or so we thought, and we exceeded all expectations. Hopefully this coming year will be more of the same.

2014 6-5, 2015 4-6, 2016 10-2, 2017 12-1, 2018 13-1, 2019 13-2.   There are pieces that have been moved around to get to this point but there were 6 or 7 of these seniors who had started since they were Sophs. It’s not about replacing them it’s about filling their shoes. Coaching now has to step up and develop young Tigers. In abiut 5 months the 2020 Tigers will hit the field for spring practice and it’ll once again be time to HIT SOMEBODY

We return everyone in our defensive front 7 except two and have players to fill those roles. Everywhere else will be a question mark. Our Middle School and JV teams have been successful so there’s at least some promise there. Rockwood and Oneida both graduate a lot and we get them at home so another district championship isn’t out of the question. Just have to wait and see how it all works out. 

13 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

We return everyone in our defensive front 7 except two and have players to fill those roles. Everywhere else will be a question mark. Our Middle School and JV teams have been successful so there’s at least some promise there. Rockwood and Oneida both graduate a lot and we get them at home so another district championship isn’t out of the question. Just have to wait and see how it all works out. 

Good post.

9 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Good post.

We've lost large (20+) senior classes 3 of the last 4 years. At some point that has to affect us from a depth standpoint and I think that will happen next year. Losing 19 will hurt. I know a lot of people have made the argument that there was more to this team than him, and there is, but you can't lose a D1 quarterback/safety and expect it not to have an impact.

33 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

We've lost large (20+) senior classes 3 of the last 4 years. At some point that has to affect us from a depth standpoint and I think that will happen next year. Losing 19 will hurt. I know a lot of people have made the argument that there was more to this team than him, and there is, but you can't lose a D1 quarterback/safety and expect it not to have an impact.

:thumb:good player

1 hour ago, TigerNation said:

I think so too, In a previous post I stated we will be better when these current sophomores are seniors. We will be good still. Just believe the class of 22 will be special.

4 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

That's a tall task, Meigs will have no problem reloading a good football program, however making it to that stage takes a complete team. Our biggest hurdle will be not replacing #19 but having other players step up and try and fill the role as we relied on him alot in big yardage situations. We have talent everywhere in the ranks after graduation. Still even some freshman next year will have a good chance to see alot of action due  to their athleticism alone. We will see though this team that just finished their season came a long way considering how preseason against Loudon looked, and the first game of the season with Sweetwater. I have no doubt we will field a winning team next year. I won't speculate as to how good as you never really know who's gonna step up and be the next go to guy. 17 was a rebuilding year for us or so we thought, and we exceeded all expectations. Hopefully this coming year will be more of the same.

You are correct, you never know. I cannot speculate anything about us until spring ball, but not really until July because most our football guys play baseball. 

Meigs has had the build up to greatness and I’m sure it’s a matter of time before the breakthrough happens.. same that happened here, before that first gold ball in 2014 we had a couple years before that were we had 10 plus wins a year. 

21 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Well what do you think folks? We lose alot of talent, but we have great talent in the ranks still. What say you for next season.

Here is the 2019 Football Playoff Highlights of Meigs County. For any fans of Meigs County this is for you.

I hope you’ll fill the huge shoes of #19 it may be filled with a few players not just one. When TC lost Baines last year we had a few kids to step up. I hope we both can make it back to Semifinals on the creekbank next year and we can do this for a 3rd time and have another classic game. I thought you'll had Peabody but I think the champion will come from the east next season.